CEED 2022 admit card has been released on 12 January 2022. CEED stands for Common Entrance Examination for Design. It is an entrance exam conducted for admission to M.Des. and Ph.D. degree programmes in participating institutes. This exam is designed to determine the abilities of the candidates such as design involving visual perception ability, drawing skills, logical reasoning, creativity, communication, and problem-solving skills. The examination will be conducted by IIT Bombay. Those interested candidates who want to apply need to fill and submit the online application form in online mode. In this post, we are going to provide all the necessary details related to the CEED 2022.
News: CEED 2022 admit card is now available. Check details
The last date to apply for CEED with regular fee has been extended till
17th October 2021 31st October 2021 11th November 2021.
CEED 2022 application form is now available from 9th September 2021.
CEED 2022 official notification released, the registration process to commence from 9th September 2021.
Recently, authorities have changed the exam pattern of CEED. You may check the updated exam pattern of CEED in this post.
CEED 2022 Important Dates
The official dates related to the CEED 2022 are as follows.
|Starting of online application form submission||9th September 2021|
|Last date to submit application form in online mode|
with late fee-
|Releasing of an Admit Card||8th January 2022|
|Last date for rectification of discrepancies in the admit card||2nd week of January 2022|
|Date of CEEED 2022 examination||23rd January 2022 9AM to 12 NOON|
|Release of draft answer key for Part-A||25th January 2022|
|Last date for sending comments about draft answer key for Part-A||4th week of January 2022|
|Release of final answer key for Part-A||31st January 2022|
|Declaration of result||8th March 2022|
|Score cards available for downloading||2nd week of March 2022|
CEED 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates must make sure that they meet the following eligibility criteria before applying.
- Aspirants should have completed a degree/ diploma/ post graduate degree programme of minimum 3 years (after 10+2 level)
- Applicants having passed a GD Arts diploma programme (10+5 level) are also eligible.
- Those candidates who will appear for the final examination in the year 2022 are also eligible.
Note: Please note that the CEED eligibility criteria can vary for different institutes. Plus, there is no age limit to appear for CEED. A candidate can appear for CEED any number of times.
CEED Application Form 2022
CEED application form will release in online mode through the official website i.e. www.ceed.iitb.ac.in. The complete process of CEED application is explained below.
- First of all, you have to register on the official website of CEED by providing your basic details
- Next, you may sign-in by entering their login credentials generated at the time of registering.
- Once logged in, aspirants need to fill their complete academic, personal, and contact details in the application form.
- Along with the details, candidates have to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature.
- It is also required to upload the Scanned copy of your degree/ diploma certificate (.pdf file) if the course is completed. If you do not have the final degree certificate, please upload a copy of the final year mark list or the provisional certificate. If the course is not completed, upload a certificate from the Principal of the college / Head of the department
- All the candidates also need to pay the necessary application fee in the application form.
- The details entered in the application form must be accurate. Otherwise, the forms can get rejected.
- It is recommended to take a printout of the application form submitted for future requirements
The application fee is different for the candidates for different categories as given below.
- For all women candidates: Rs. 1600/-
- SC/ ST/ PWD candidates: Rs. 1600/-
- All other candidates: Rs. 3200/-
Mode of payment: The application fee can be paid online using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
Note: A late fee of Rs. 500/- is applicable to all candidates for registrations submitted after the regular closing date.
Check- How to prepare for CEED?
CEED 2022 Admit Card
- CEED 2022 admit card has been released on 12 January 2022.
- In order to download the admit card, candidates have to enter their registration number and other details.
- All the information related to the examination date, time, and venue will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an admit card.
- In case of any discrepancies in the admit card, candidates may write to [email protected]
- It is also necessary to carry a valid photo identity proof (original) along with the admit card to the examination centre. Candidates will not be admitted to the examination centre without a proper identity proof (college issued identity card, passport, driving license, PAN card, Voter ID, Aadhar card or printed e-Aadhar card).
CEED Exam Pattern 2022
The pattern of the CEED 2022 exam is explained below:
- Mode of examination: Part – A will be online and Part B will be offline.
- Type of questions: Part-A contains objective questions of three types, i.e., Numerical Answer Type, Multiple Choice Question, and Multiple Select Questions. Part-B consists of questions that are aimed at testing design, drawing and writing skills.
- Number of question: Part A will have 41 questions and Part B will have 5 questions
- Maximum Marks: 200 (100 for each part)
New Pattern of CEED exam – Part A
|Section||No. of questions||Marks||Negative marking||Total marks|
|Total||41 questions||–||100 marks|
New Pattern of CEED exam – Part B
|Sections||Number of questions||Total Marks|
|Total||5 questions||100 marks|
Check- CEED previous years paper
CEED Syllabus 2022
The syllabus of CEED is quite vast. However, you may check out the topics from which the questions will be asked in both the parts as given below.
- Part A – Visualization and spatial ability, environmental and social awareness, Analytical and logical reasoning, Language and creativity, Design thinking and problem solving, Observation and design sensitivity
- Part B – Drawing, Creativity, Communication Skills, Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills.
- After the examination, the university will upload the answer keys on the official website.
- Candidates will also get the facility to report the discrepancies in the draft answer key to CEED.
- The responses of the candidates in the Part – A of the examination will also be uploaded on the official website.
- Please note that it will not be possible to check the answer keys once the result gets declared.
CEED 2022 Result
- The result of CEED 2022 examination will also release in online mode only.
- Candidates will be able to download the result in online mode through the official website only.
- No hard copy of the score cards will be sent to the candidates.
- Marks scored in Part A of the examination will be displayed to all the candidates. However, the part B score will be visible to shortlisted candidates only.
- All shortlisted candidates will also get unique ranks.
CEED Cut off 2022
- Please note that the institute will not check the Part B copies of all the candidates.
- The part B copies will be evaluated only if a candidate meets the Part A cut offs.
- The final cut off will be prepared after the evaluation of both Part A and Part B of the examination.
- Please note that there is no provision for rechecking or re-evaluation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: What documents do I need to upload on the application form?
Answer: Candidates have to upload the following documents on the application form.
- Photograph of candidates in .jpg format
- Signature of candidates .jpg format
- Degree / diploma certificate in pdf
- Valid category certificates (for EWS/ SC / ST / OBC-NCL category) in pdf format
- Valid medical certificate (for PWD) in pdf format
- Request letter for compensatory time during the exam (for PWD candidates) in pdf format
- Gazette notification, a marriage certificate or scanned pages of the passport (If the name is not the same as the name on the degree/ diploma certificate) in pdf format
Question – 2: Is there any upper age limit in order to apply for the CEED 2022 examination?
Answer: No, there is no upper age limit.
Question – 3: In which cities the examination will take place?
Answer: It is expected that the examination will take place at the following cities – Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Ernakulam, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Kolkata, Kozhikode, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur and Visakhapatnam. All the candidates have to choose 3 cities in the order of preference at the time of online registration. Once the registration form is submitted, request for a change of city will not be entertained
Question – 4: How many times can I take the CEED examination?
Answer: There is no such limit. You may take the examination as many times as you want.
Question – 5: Will CEED 2022 also release in offline mode?
Answer: No, the application form will release in online mode only.
Question – 6: Which institutes will participate in the CEED examination?
Answer: The following institutes are expected to participate in the examination.
- IISc Bangalore – Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing
- IIT Bombay – IDC School of Design (Industrial Design Centre)
- IIT Delhi – Department of Design
- IIT Guwahati – Department of Design
- IIT Hyderabad – Department of Design
- IIT Kanpur – Design Programme
- IIITDM Jabalpur – Design Discipline
The result will also be shared with the following institutions.
- Srishti Institute of Art Design and Technology – Bengaluru
- Lovely Professional University Phagwara, Punjab
- Jain (Deemed-to-be-University) – Bangalore
- Shiv Nadar University – Department of Design
- World University of Design (WUD) – Sonepat, Haryana
- Central Institute of Technology – Kokrajhar
- UPES School of Design – Dehradun
- ISDI School Of Design & Innovation – Mumbai
- Vishwakarma University – Pune
- School of Planning and Architecture – Bhopal
- School of Architecture & Interior Design – SRM Institute of Science & Technology, Kattankulathur, Chennai
- Delhi Technological University, Delhi – (formerly Delhi College of Engineering)