Rajasthan Technical University (RTU) annually provides admission to the candidates in various UG, PG and Doctorate (Ph.D) courses offered by the colleges under the university. Candidates seeking enrollment into courses such as B.Tech, B.Arch, M.Tech, MCA, MBA etc must apply for the RTU admission 2023. The admission in B.Tech and B.Arch program will be done on the basis of the REAP admission procedure. Whereas admission in M.Tech and M.Arch is done through the centralized admission process called CAM. For Ph.D course, admission test will be conducted by the university.
Candidates need to fill the application form in order to be eligible for admission in the various undergraduate and postgraduate courses offered by the RTU. Applicants will be shortlisted for admission according to the marks obtained by them in the qualifying examination. The course-wise details on RTU admission 2023 can be checked from the official website of the Rajasthan Technical University.
Table of Contents
Important Dates for RTU Admission 2023
Candidates seeking admission in RTU should note down the tentative dates for admission. The data will be updated once the authority announces the official notification on its website.
For Undergraduate programme (UG)
For admission in B.Tech/B.Arch program
Students will be given admission in engineering and architecture program through the Rajasthan Engineering Admission process (REAP). The admission in the given course will be given to the candidates on the basis of JEE Main score obtained by them. The important dates for admission are as follows-
|Online application form Releasing||1st week of June 2022|
|Last date to submit the form (without late fee)||last week of June 2022|
|Last date to fill the form and choice filling||last week of June 2022|
|Merit list Announcement||1st week of July 2022|
|Commencement of Counselling||2nd week of July 2022|
For Postgraduate programme (PG)
For admission in M.Tech/M.Arch program
Candidates will be selected for admission in the centralized admission process as per the marks obtained in GATE exam. Hence, they must have a valid GATE score to secure admission in M.Tech program. The tentative admission dates (CAM) are as follows-
|Online registration and choice filling begins||3rd week of June 2022|
|Last date for filling the choices||2nd week of July 2022|
|Beginning of counselling||2nd week of July 2022|
For admission in MBA program
|Registration starts from||1st week of June 2022|
|Last date to register||July 2022|
RTU admission 2023 Exam Pattern
The university does not conduct entrance test for admission in UG and PG courses. It only organizes the admission process on the basis of the result obtained in the national level entrance exam for Engineering and Architecture. But the Ph.D candidates will be required to apply for the entrance test organized by the RTU as per the schedule of the DAT. The exam pattern for doctorate admission test (DAT) is as follows-
- Exam mode: Offline (Pen and Paper based)
- Type of Questions: Objective (MCQs)
- Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Total number of Questions: 100 Questions
Eligibility Criteria for RTU admission 2023
The eligibility criteria for the UG, PG and Doctorate program varies accordingly. Here’s an insight into the necessary conditions that must be fulfilled by the candidates-
- For B.Tech and B.Arch: Candidates should have passed class 12th or its equivalent from a recognized board/university with mathematics and physics as the compulsory subjects. They must have scored minimum 45% aggregate marks (40% for reserved category candidates)
- For M.Tech and M.Arch/M.Plan: Candidate should hold a valid B.E/B.Tech degree with minimum 55% aggregate marks (50% for reserved category candidates) from a recognized university for taking admission in M.Tech course along with a valid GATE score. Those seeking admission in M.Arch/M.Plan course must have done B.Arch with 50% aggregate marks (45% for reserved category candidates) from a recognized university.
- For Ph.D: Candidates must have done master’s or its equivalent in the concerned discipline with at least 55% aggregate marks from a recognized university.
- For MBA: Candidates should have done graduation in any discipline from a recognized university and have obtained minimum 50% aggregate marks (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates). A candidate must also hold a valid CMAT/RMAT score to apply for RTU admission 2020.
- For MCA: Candidates must hold a Bachelors Degree in Computer Application (BCA) from a recognized University with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or must hold a bachelors degree from a recognized University in other stream with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks along with either having studied Mathematics in the bachelors degree or having studied science-maths in the +2 level from a recognized Board. Admission will be based on score obtained in the Rajasthan MCA Admission Test (RMCAAT).
RTU admission application form
Candidates can procure the application form for RTU admission 2023 from the official website of the Rajasthan Technical University. The form for different programmes will be available on different dates. Candidates must fill and submit the application form before the due date otherwise their applications will be rejected by the authority. The form should be filled very carefully and candidates should pay the required fee for admission. Candidates should fill their personal and educational details very carefully as once the form is submitted, no change request in the details will be entertained by the authority. Students also need to make sure to fill the email id and phone number carefully as the authority will communicate with them via registered email id and phone number.
|B.Tech/B.Arch||Candidates must pay Rs. 700/- as the application fee.|
|M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan||Candidates belonging to general category must pay Rs. 3000/- and those from SC/ST category should pay Rs. 1500/- as the application fee.|
|Ph.D||Rs. 3000/- is to be paid the by candidates irrespective of the category they belong to.|
The application fee mentioned above can be paid through the credit card/net banking/debit card. Fee once paid shall not be refunded later on.
RTU admission 2023- Result and Counselling
Candidate can check their result from the official website of the RTU. Along with the result, the university will also publish the merit list of the selected candidates. These shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend the counselling which will be conducted in multiple rounds. During the counselling, they will have to specify their choice or branch and college. A seat will be allotted to them after the counselling. Candidates will also undergo document verification. Finally, they need to report to the concerned college as per the schedule to finish the admission related formalities.
Admission process – RTU admission 2023
The admission to RTU is done through the different entrance exam such as for admission in B.Tech/B.Arch, candidates will be selected according to the marks secured by them in JEE Main and whatever seats are left (if any) shall be given to the candidates based on their marks in class 12th. Similarly, for M.Tech/M.Arch, candidates will be selected as per the scores they’ve occupied in GATE. Admission in MCA and MBA will be given according to the RMCAAT and CMAT/RMAT score. However, those seeking admission in Ph.D program must give the admission test conducted by the university. It is mandatory for the candidates to apply for the admission through the official website.