BHU Admission 2023: Online applications are invited by Banaras Hindu University from interested and eligible candidates to apply for various undergraduate, postgraduate and research courses offered by the university. Selection of the candidates for admission will be done on the basis of entrance tests conducted by the university. Candidates who submit their applications in time will be able to download their admit card and appear for the exam. This article provides complete details related to the BHU Admission 2023 such as eligibility criteria, important dates, application process, etc.
Courses Offered by BHU
A list of courses offered at the Banaras Hindu University is provided below:
- BA (Hons) Arts/ Social Sciences
- B.Sc (Hons) Mathematics/ Biology Group
- B.Com (Hons)/ B.Com (Hons) Financial Market Management
- B.Sc (Ag)/ B.Sc (Ag) RGSC
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry
- BA LLB (Hons)
- BPA Instrumental (Sitar/ Flute/ Violin/ Tabla)/ Dance (Kathak, Bharat Natyam) Vocal
- B.Ed Special Education- V.I. & H.I. (Languages/ Science/ Mathematics/ Social Sciences/ Humanities)
- Shastri (Hons.)
- B.Voc in Retail & Logistics Management/ Hospitality & Tourism Management/ Fashion Designing & Event Management/ Modern Office Management/ Food Processing & Management / Medical Lab Technology
- B.Ed in Languages (Hindi, English, Sanskrit)/ Science (Botany, Zoology, Chemistry, Physics, Home Science, Computer Science)/ Mathematics (Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science)/ History (AIHC & Arch)/ Geography/ Economics/ Political Science (Civics)/ Commerce/ Home Science/ Education
- MA in Political Science/ Sociology/ Social Work/ Arabic/ English/ French/ German/ Nepali/ Persian/ Bengali/ Anthropology/ Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy/ Hindi/ Marathi/ Telugu/ Urdu/ Pali/ Sanskrit/ Linguistics/ A.I.H.C. & Arch./ History of Art/ Indian Philosophy & Religion/ Philosophy/ Mass Communication/ Museology/ Prayojanmulak Hindi (Patrakarita)/ Manuscriptology & Paleography/ History/ Master of Tourism and Travel Management/ Integrated Rural Development & Management/ Economics/ Public Administration/ Conflict Management and Development/ Energy Economics/ Heritage Management/ Education (For Females only)
- M.Sc in Physics/ Chemistry/ Zoology/ Botany/ Mathematics & Computing/ Food Technology/ Plant Biotechnology/ Health Statistics/ Computer Science/ Biochemistry/ Applied Microbiology/ Computational Science & Applications/ Forensic Science/ Statistics & Computing/ Geology/ (Ag.) Agroforestry/ Dairy Technology/ M.Sc (Tech.) Geophysics/ Environmental Sciences (Environmental Technology)/ Bioinformatics (for Females only)
- M.Sc (Ag.)/ M.Sc (Ag) in Agricultural Economics/ Agronomy Department of Agronomy/ Entomology & Agricultural Zoology/ Extension Education/ Department of Extension Education/ Genetics & Plant Breeding Department of Genetics & Plant Breeding/ Horticulture Department of Horticulture/ Mycology & Plant Pathology/ Plant Physiology Department of Plant Physiology/ Soil Science & Agricultural Chemistry/ Soil & Water Conservation
- ACHARYA in Shukla Yajurveda/ Krishna Yajurveda/ Samveda/ Rigveda/ Vyakarana/ Sahitya/ Jyotish Ganit/ Jyotish Falit/ Dharmagama/ Dharmashastra/ Jain Darshan/ Vedanta/ Puranetihas/ Sankhyayoga/ Prachin Nyaya/ Nyaya Vaisheshika/ Mimansa/ Baudha Darshan
- MBA in Agribusiness/ Risk & Insurance/ Financial Management/ Foreign Trade
- M.Ed/ M.Ed-Special Education (V.I.)
- MFA in Painting/ Applied Arts/ Plastic Arts/ Pottery & Ceramics/ Textile Design
- MPA in Vocal/ Instrumental (Sitar, Violin, Flute, Tabla)/ Dance (Kathak/ Bharat Natyam)/ Musicology
- M.Tech in Food Technology/ Agricultural Engineering (Soil and Water Conservation Engineering)/ Dairy Technology
- M.Voc in Retail & Logistics Management/ Food Processing & Management/ Hospitality & Tourism Management/ Medical Laboratory Technology
- M.Lib & Inf. Sc.
- Master of Personnel Management and Industrial relations
- LLM (1-year)/ LLM/ LLM in Human Rights & Duties Education
- MA/ M.Sc in Mathematics/ Home Science/ Statistics/ Psychology/ Geography
BHU Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The course-wise eligibility criteria that should be fulfilled by the candidates applying for BHU admission 2023 are give below:
For undergraduate courses:
- BA (Hons) Economics: A pass in class 12th exam securing a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and Mathematics as a subject at High School Examinations is required. Age of the candidates should not be more than 22 years on 1st July 2023.
- B.Sc (Hons) Bio Group: Candidates should have cleared their class 12th exam with at least 50% marks in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Geology/ Geography. Individual pass in each of the concerned three subjects is mandatory. Age of the candidates should not be more than 22 years on 1st July 2023.
- B.Ed: Applicants with at least 50% marks either in bachelor’s degree and/ or in master’s degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Humanities/ Commerce or B.Tech with specialization in Science and Mathematics with 55% marks are eligible.
- BFA: Those who have passed their class 12th exam with not less than 50% marks in aggregate can apply. Age of the candidates should not be more than 22 years on 1st July 2023.
- LLB (Hons): A BA/ B.Sc/ B.Com/ Shastri degree securing a minimum of 50% marks (45% for OBC and 40% for SC/ ST applicants) in aggregate of all subjects except those which do not contribute to the total in the final mark sheet is required.
For postgraduate courses:
- ACHARYA in Vedas, Vyakaran, Sahitya, Jyotish, Dharmashastra, Mimansa, Vedanta, Nyayavaisesika, Prachin Nyaya: A Shastri (Hons)/ Shastri degree in the concerned subject (studied in all the three years) securing a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all subjects except those which do not contribute to the total in the final mark sheet is required.
- M.A. in Linguistics: Those with any graduate degree with at least 50% marks in aggregate of all subjects except those which do not contribute to the total in the final mark sheet are eligible. Candidates with postgraduate degree in any Language-Literature, Philosophy, Anthropology, Psychology, Sociology, Computer Science or Forensic Science with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate are also eligible.
- M.Sc Geology: Candidates should hold B.Sc (Hons)/ B.Sc degree scoring not less than 50% marks in aggregate in Science subjects in all the three years of B.Sc. Geology must be honors subject at B.Sc (Hons) level or a subject studied in all the three years of B.Sc.
- M.Ed: The applicants with at least 50% marks in B.Ed/ B.A. B.Ed/ B.Sc. B.Ed/ B.El.Ed/ D.El.Ed with an undergraduate/ postgraduate degree (with 50% marks in each) are eligible.
- M.Lib & I.Sc: Graduate degree with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all subjects except those which do not contribute to the total in the final mark sheet is required.
- LLM: Candidates with 3-year/ 5-year LLB degree securing a minimum of 50% marks in can apply.
BHU 2023 Application Form
The application form for BHU Admission 2023 will be released on the official website of the university http://bhuonline.in/. Candidates who fulfill the eligibility requirements can fill and submit their application through online mode.
- The candidates need to provide their basic personal details such as name, date of birth, gender, category, etc into the application form.
- Academic details related to the qualifying exam like passing year, marks secured, name of college/ university, etc will also be asked into the application form.
- Photograph and signature of the candidates in scanned format should be uploaded into the form as well.
- After all the details are entered into the application form, the candidates can submit it before the last prescribed date.
- A printout of the duly filled application form should be taken and kept safe by the candidates for future reference.
Payment of the application fee can be done online using net banking/ credit card/ debit card or offline using HDFC bank challan. Course-wise application fee structure for BHU entrance exams are given below.
|SC/ ST/ PWD candidates||Others|
|All courses except Shastri Hons.||Rs. 300/-||Rs. 600/-|
|Shastri Hons.||Rs. 200/-||Rs. 400/-|
|For each additional course||Rs. 200/-||Rs. 400/-|
BHU 2023 Exam Pattern
Check out the basic exam pattern overview for BHU entrance exam 2023:
|For UET||For PET||For RET (Test A)|
|Exam duration||Depends on course||2 hours||2 hours|
|Mode of exam||Online & offline both||Online||——–|
|Medium of exam||English or Hindi||——–||——–|
|No. of questions||Depends on course||120||100|
|Type of questions||Objective type||Objective type||Objective type|
|Total marks||Depends on course||360||300|
|Marking scheme||3 marks will be given for each right answer||3 marks will be given for each right answer||3 marks will be given for each right answer|
|Negative marking||1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer||1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer||1 mark will be deducted for each wrong answer|
BHU Admission 2023 Admit Card
- The admit card of the candidates will be released online around one week before the exam date.
- Candidates will be able to download their admit card from the official website of the university.
- Intimation regarding the availability of admit card will also be sent on the registered email address and phone number.
- If case of difficulty in downloading the admit card 3 days before the exam, candidates should contact the Office of the Controller of Examinations, BHU via email or helpline number.
- The candidates should note that no admit card will be sent to them through post, courier, fax, etc.
BHU 2023 Admission Result
- Result of the entrance exams conducted by the Banaras Hindu University will be released by the authorities as per the given schedule.
- Candidates will be able to check the result online by visiting the BHU online portal and using their roll number.
- A merit list of the qualified candidates will be drawn on the basis of marks obtained by them in the entrance exams.
- Further process of counseling and admission will be carried as per the names of the candidates in the merit list.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: How will I know what exam center is allotted to me?
Answer: Important details related to the entrance exam such as center, date and time will be mentioned on the admit card.
Question 2: Can I apply for multiple programs in BHU?
Answer: If you fulfill the eligibility for the programs, you can apply for any number of degree programs in BHU.
Question 3: What if I forget to carry my admit card to the exam center?
Answer: In the absence of the admit card, the candidates will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
Question 4: Is it possible to fill the BHU application form offline?
Answer: No. The BHU admission application form will only be released through online mode.
Question 5: Do I need to send any document to the university at the time of application?
Answer: No. The candidates should not send hard copy of any document to the university at the time of application.