Jadavpur University Admission 2023: Jadavpur University offers the candidates admission into its different UG, PG and doctorate courses. Candidates are selected for admission to these courses on the basis of merit, university entrance exams and other state and national level exams, as applicable. Application forms will be released online as per the schedule decided by the authorities. Applications will be made available on different dates for different courses. Detailed information related to the Jadavpur University Admission 2023 can be found from this article below.
Table of Contents
Jadavpur University Admission Dates 2023
The important dates regarding admission to various courses in Jadavpur University are provided below.
For undergraduate courses:
|Online application form release date||June 2023, 1st week||May 2023||April 2023, 2nd week|
|Last date for submitting the application form||June 2023, 2nd week||June 2023, 3rd week||April 2023, last week|
|Issue of admit card||June 2023, 4th week||June 2023||May 2023, 1st week|
|Date of entrance test||June 2023, 4th week||June 2023||May 2023, 2nd week|
|Result announcement||July 2023, 2nd week||July 2023, 1st week||May 2023, 3rd week|
For postgraduate courses:
|Online application form release date||June 2023, 1st week||To be notified later||April 2023, 2nd week||June 2023, 1st week|
|Last date for submitting the application form||June 2023, 2nd week||July 2023, 2nd week||April 2023, last week||June 2023, 3rd week|
|Issue of admit card||June 2023, 4th week||July 2023, 2nd week||May 2023, 1st week||July 2023, 3rd week|
|Date of entrance test||June 2023, 4th week||July 2023, 3rd week||May 2023, 2nd week||July 2023, last week|
|Declaration of result||July 2023, 2nd week||August 2023, 1st week||May 2023, 3rd week||July 2023, last week|
For doctorate courses:
|Online application form release date||May 2023|
|Last date for submitting the application form||July 2023, 3rd week|
|Issue of admit card||July 2023, 3rd week|
|Date of entrance test||July 2023, 4th week|
|Result announcement||August 2023, 1st week|
Jadavpur University Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Course-wise eligibility criteria for Jadavpur University Admission 2023 are provided below.
For undergraduate courses:
- BA: Candidates who have cleared their class 12th exam are eligible.
- B.Sc: Applicants need to pass their class 12th exam preferably with Science stream scoring at least 75% marks in aggregate (67.5% for OBC, 56.25 for SC/ ST). For B.Sc Geography, minimum qualifying marks is 70% (63% for OBC, 52.5 for SC/ ST).
- B.L.I.Sc: Any graduate degree with a minimum aggregate of 50% marks for honors graduate (45% for PD/ OBC, 40% for SC/ ST), 55% marks for pass graduate (49.5% for PD/ OBC, 41.25% for SC/ ST) and 65% marks for graduate (honors/ pass) (58.5% for PD/ OBC, 48.75% for SC/ ST) plus Certificate in Library Science is required.
- BE/ B.Tech: Those who have cleared their class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics can apply.
For postgraduate courses:
- MA: Candidates who hold a BA degree in the relevant discipline are eligible.
- M.Sc: Applicants should hold a B.Sc degree in related field scoring not less than 60% marks in aggregate (54% for OBC, 45% for SC/ ST/ PD). For M.Sc Instrumentation minimum qualifying marks is 50% (45% for OBC, 41% for SC/ ST/ PD) and for Biotechnology 55% marks (49.5% for OBC, 41% for SC/ ST/ PD).
- M.L.I.Sc course: B.L.I.Sc or any bachelor’s degree with minimum aggregate of 55% marks (49.5% for PD/ OBC & 41.25% for SC/ ST) is required. Deputed candidates with 3 years experience as a full-time salaried staff member in a recognized library or information center can apply even if they don’t score minimum required marks.
- ME/ M.Tech: Those with BE/ B.Tech degree in relevant specialization with at least 60% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST/ PD) are eligible.
For doctorate courses:
- M.Phil: Those with a master’s degree in the relevant field obtaining no less than 55% marks in aggregate (50% for OBC/ SC/ ST/ PD or those who obtained the degree prior to 19 Sept 1991) can apply.
Jadavpur University 2023 Application Form
Application form for the Jadavpur University Admission 2023 will be released through online mode on the official website of the university www.jaduniv.edu.in in. It is advised that the candidates complete the application process before the last prescribed date.
- The candidates can fill the application form by providing basic personal info like their name, gender, date of birth, category, etc.
- Details related to qualifying exam like passing year, marks obtained, college name, etc should be provided in the application form as well.
- Scanned copies of candidates’ photograph and signature should be uploaded in the application form.
- After providing all the information correctly, the candidates can submit the application form along with application fee.
- The candidates must keep a printout of the duly filled application form with them in case of future reference.
- Application fee for Jadavpur University Admission 2023 is expected to be Rs. 150/-.
- Payment of the fee can be done online via debit card/ credit card or net banking facility.
Jadavpur University 2023 Exam Pattern
Overview of the Jadavpur University exam pattern 2023 is given below:
|Course||No. of questions||Duration|
|For undergraduate courses|
|BA in Philosophy||50 questions||2 hours|
|BA in Comparative Literature, History, Political Science, Bengali||100 questions||2 hours|
|BA in English||130 questions||2.5 hours|
|For postgraduate courses|
|MA in Linguistics, Sanskrit, Philosophy||50 questions||2 hours|
|MA in Comparative Literature, History, Political Science, Film Studies||100 questions||2 hours|
|MA in Economics||100 questions||2.5 hours|
|MA in English||130 questions||2.5 hours|
- The admit card to appear in Jadavpur University entrance exam will be made on the official website.
- Candidates will be able to download their online admit card using their registration details.
- After downloading, the candidates should take a printout of the admit card and carry it with them while reporting to the exam center.
- No candidates will be allowed to enter the exam hall in absence of the admit card.
- To avoid loss or damage, it is advised that the candidates take multiple printouts of the admit card.
Jadavpur University 2023 Result
- The entrance exam results will be declared online and can be checked from the official university’s website.
- Based on the marks secured by the candidates in the entrance exam, a merit list will be prepared.
- For merit-based courses, the merit list will be drawn on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the qualifying exam.
- Rest process of admission will be carried out as per the names of the candidates in the merit list.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1: What is the selection process for different courses under Jadavpur University?
- Admission to BA program is done on the basis of entrance test and merit.
- Admission to B.Sc program is done on the basis of their marks in qualifying exam.
- Admission to BE/ B.Tech degree program is done through the WBJEE.
- Admission to MA program is done on the basis of entrance test and merit.
- Admission to M.Sc program is done on the basis of their marks in qualifying exam.
- Admission to ME/ M.Tech degree program is done through the GATE.
- For rest programs, university will conduct entrance exams.
Question 2: Do I need to send hard copy of application or any other document to the university?
Answer: Only those belonging to SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD/ sports quota category need to submit a copy of the application form along with photocopies of relevant documents. The documents should be sent at the following address- Office of the Dean and Secretary, Faculty Council of Arts, U.G. Arts Building, Ground Floor, Jadavpur University, Kolkata 700 032.
Question 3: Can I get my admit card through post or courier?
Answer: No. The admit card to appear for the entrance exam conducted by the Jadavpur University will be released only via online mode.
Question 4: What documents should I carry with me while reporting for admission?
Answer: The following documents in original and photocopy should be carried while reporting for admission:
- Three passport size photographs
- Application form printout
- Application fee payment receipt
- Date of birth certificate
- Mark sheets from class 10th to graduation/ post-graduation (as applicable)
- Caste certificate signed by competent authorities (if applicable)
- Income certificate of parents signed by their employers
- Certificate in the prescribed format stating that the final exam has been completed on or before the application date (for B.A/ B.Sc candidates)
- Affidavit that the candidate is not registered in any other day-course if he/ she has completed graduation
When will the result of the Jadavpur University admissions be released?
The result will be announced differently for admission to different courses as per the schedule provided at the beginning of the post.
Courses Offered at the Jadavpur University
The following courses are offered at the Jadavpur University:
- BA in History, Political Science, Economics, English, Bengali, Comparative Literature, Philosophy, Sanskrit
- B.Sc in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Geography, Geological Sciences
- B.Ed/ B.P.Ed/ B.Ed in Special Education (Locomotor Impairment and Neuromuscular Disorder)
- Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Technology
- BE in Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Construction Engineering, Information Technology, Instrumentation & Electronics Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Power Engineering, Printing Engineering, Production Engineering
- B.Tech in Food Technology & Biochemical Engineering, Instrumentation & Electronics Engineering
- MA in History, Political Science with International Relations, Bengali, Comparative Literature, Economics, Education, English, Film Studies, Philosophy, Sanskrit, Sociology, Environment & Development
- M.Sc in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Applied Geology, Biotechnology, Instrumentation
- M.Tech in Electronics Engineering, Computer Technology, Environmental Biotechnology, Distributed & Mobile Computing, Energy Science & Technology, Illumination Technology & Design, Food Technology & Biochemical Engineering, Instrumentation & Material Engineering, VLSI Design & Microelectronics Technology, Intelligent Automation & Robotics, IT (Courseware Engineering), Nanoscience & Technology
- ME in Mechanical Engineering, Software Engineering, Metallurgical Engineering, Illumination Engineering, Printing Engineering & Graphic Communication, Automobile Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Production Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Control System Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Tele-communication Engineering, Power Engineering, Bio-Medical Engineering, Water Resources & Hydraulic Engineering
- Master of Bio-processing Engineering
- Master of Pharmaceutical Technology
- Master of Pharmacy in Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacy Practice
- M.L.I.Sc, M.L.I.Sc in Digital Library
- Master in Multimedia Development Master of Laser Technology
- Master of Nuclear Engineering
- PhD in Arts (Bengali, Comparative Literature, Economics, Education, English, Film Studies, History, International Relations, Library & Information Science, Philosophy, Physical Education, Sanskrit, Sociology)
- PhD in Science (Chemistry, Physics, Geological Sciences, Instrumentation Science, Life Science & Biotechnology, Mathematics, Geography)
- M.Phil in Bengali, Comparative Literature, Economics, English, History, International Relations, Philosophy, Library & Information Science, Sanskrit, Social Sciences, Sociology, Women’s Studies, Cognitive Science, Oceanography & Coastal Management