IIT JAM 2024 application form is most likely to be available from August 2023. Interested candidates can submit their applications in online mode.
It is an online entrance exam conducted for screening the candidates for admissions into M.Sc., M.Sc.-Ph.D, and other post-bachelor degree programmes at different IITs and IISc, Bangalore.
IIT JAM 2024 will be conducted for 7 different papers and the candidates can apply for one or two papers as per their interest and eligibility. The aspiring candidates can get the important details related to the IIT JAM such as exam pattern, important dates, eligibility criteria, etc through this post.
Table of Contents
IIT JAM 2024 Important Dates (Tentative)
The tentative dates for the IIT JAM 2024 provided below are subject to change as per the official announcement by IIT Roorkee.
|Release date of online application form
|Last date for submission of the application form
|Issue of admit card
|Date of entrance exam
|Submission of application form for admission
|Last date to submit the application form for admission
|Last date for receipt of request for change of category or rectification of defective documents
|Release of first admission list
|Release of second admission list
|Release of third admission list
|Fourth admission list
IIT JAM Eligibility Criteria 2024
The candidates must fulfill the following eligibility criteria for IIT JAM 2024:
- A bachelor’s degree is required to get admissions through JAM.
- The candidates in the final year of their qualifying degree can also apply for the admission test.
- The minimum percentage or CGPA/CPI in the qualifying exam is revised to Just Pass.
- Indian as well as foreign national candidates are eligible to apply for IIT JAM.
IIT JAM 2024 Application Form
IIT JAM 2024 application form can be obtained through JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS) link, available on the official website of the conducting IIT.
The applicants will first have to register themselves providing details of their name, mobile number, email id and password. In the application form, the candidates will also have to provide communication address details, eligibility degree details, JAM paper(s) details, scanned copies of photograph, signature, etc.
At last, the candidates will have to make an application fee payment, that too in online mode (net banking/ debit card/ credit card).
|One Test Paper
|Two Test Papers
|Female (All Categories)/ SC/ ST/ PwD
IIT JAM 2024 Exam Pattern
IIT JAM exam will be conducted for seven test papers namely Biotechnology (BT), Biological Sciences (BL), Chemistry (CY), Geology (GG), Mathematical Statistics (MS), Mathematics (MA) and Physics (PH). The exam pattern given below will provide the candidates a basic idea of the entrance test:
- The mode of the IIT JAM 2024 will be online.
- The duration of the exam will be 3 hours and the medium of paper will be English.
- The question paper will consist of a total of 60 questions carrying 100 marks.
- The paper will be divided into three sections A, B and C (all sections compulsory).
- In section A, one-third marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. No negative marking will be done in Section B and C. There will be no partial marking in section B.
|No. of Questions
|Type of Questions
|Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
|Multiple Select Questions (MSQ)
|Numerical Answer Type (NAT)
The following syllabus is prescribed for the different papers of the IIT JAM 2024:
Biological Sciences (BL): General Biology, Basics of Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, etc.
- Biology & Chemistry (10+2+3 level)
- Mathematics & Physics (10+2 level)
Chemistry (CY): Physical Chemistry, Organic Chemistry and Inorganic Chemistry
Geology (GG): The Planet Earth, Geomorphology, Structural Geology, Paleontology, Mineralogy, etc
Mathematics (MA): Sequences and Series of Real Numbers, Functions of One Real Variable, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Vector Calculus, etc.
Mathematical Statistics (MS):
- Mathematics: Sequences and Series, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Matrices
- Statistics: Probability, Random Variables, Standard Distributions, etc.
Physics (PH): Mechanics and General Properties of Matter, Oscillations, Waves and Optics, Electricity and Magnetism, etc.
IIT JAM Study Plan
The candidates wishing to appear for the IIT JAM might be aware that is one of the toughest exams for post graduation study. It is very important that the aspirants start preparing for this test in a well-planned manner, making the right preparation strategies that focus on time management as well. Here, we are providing the applicants certain tips and tricks that can be quite helpful in preparing for this admission test:
Time management: In clearing a tough exam like IIT JAM, time management can play a significant role. You must distribute your time in such a manner that you have enough time to study all the topics and still have some time left for revision. Making a time-table can be very helpful in this case.
Practice sample papers: You must practice sample papers and mock tests to gain an understanding of your strengths and your weak points. Practice these sample papers as you are writing for the actual exam and then on the basis of analysis of your results, youcan know how well you are prepared.
Timely revision: Revision is a key-factor that plays a very important role in preparing for any exam. Try to revise the topics you have studied on a regular basis. Also, make short notes while studying. These notes can be useful for quick revisions before your exam.
Recommended Books for IIT JAM 2024
- Mathematical Analysis- S.C. Malik
- Integral Calculus- Gorakh Prasad
- Geometry & Vectors – Vasishtha
- Introduction to Solid State Physics- Charles Kittel
- Mathematical Methods for Physicists- Arfken
- Heat and Thermodynamics- Mark Zemansky
- Physical Chemistry- Levine
- Essentials of Nuclear Chemistry- H. J Arnikar
- Chemistry of Organic Natural Products- O. P. Agarwal
- Molecular Cell Biology- Harvey Lodish
- Biochemistry- Lehninger
- Microbiology- Michael Pelczar Jr.
- Physical Geology- Mukherjee
- Structural Geology- Prof. Haakon Fossen
- Geodynamic Evolution of India- K S Valdiya
For Mathematical Statistics:
- Introduction to Mathematical statistics- Hogg & Craig
- Introduction to the Theory of Statistics- Mod & Graybill
- Mathematical Analysis- S.C. Malik
For Biological Sciences:
- Life Sciences: Fundamentals and Practice- Pranav Kumar, Usha Mina
- Cell and Molecular Biology- Karp
- Genetics: A Conceptual Approach- Benjamin A. Pierce
IIT JAM 2024 Admit Card
The admit card for the IIT JAM 2024 is now available for download from JOAPS website from 16th Jan 2024 until the examination date.
The admit card will contain the details of candidate’s name, registration number, photograph, test centre details, etc. In case of any discrepancy in the admit card, the candidates must contact the organizing chairperson of the conducting IIT.
If a candidate is not able to download his/her admit card, he/she must contact the chairman of the respective IIT/ IISc under which the first city preference of the candidate falls.
IIT JAM result 2024 will be declared in March 2024. On the basis of performance in the entrance exam, an All India Rank (AIR) will be given to the candidates. The candidates will be able to download their score card containing the All India Rank and the marks scored by them.
On the basis of the AIR, an All India merit list will be prepared. The number of candidates included in the merit list will depend on the total number of candidates and availability of seats in each category in a given subject. The candidates whose names appear in the merit list will be eligible for admissions.
IIT JAM 2024 Admission Process
Only the candidates whose names are in the merit list, will be considered qualified for admissions. The candidates will have to submit an online application form for admission (called as admission form). This admission form will be made available on the official website of the conducting IIT.
Taking into consideration the order of preference given by the candidates in the admission form and their rank in the merit list, the first admission list for each programme will be prepared by the organizing institute. If there remain any vacant seats after the first round of admission, the second and third admission list will be declared.
When will IIT JAM application form release?
What will be the mode of application?
What will be the mode of exam?
Online CBT Mode
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here