Madras University is one of the most prestigious and oldest universities in India. The university will conduct entrance exam in order to provide Madras University Admission 2021 to some of the courses. However, for some of the courses, the admission will be offered on the basis of qualifying exam merit. The aspiring candidates need to fill and submit the application form before the last date. After submitting the application form online, the candidates have to send the hardcopy of the application form to the university.
In this post, we will discuss complete details regarding the Madras University Admission 2021 including important dates, eligibility criteria, application form etc.
Madras University Admission Dates 2021
The tentative dates for Madras University Admission 2021 are given below. The exact date will be updated on this post after the release of official notification.
|Important Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of application form submission||April 2021|
|Last date to submit the application form||3rd week of June 2021|
|Last date of online form submission for PG Diploma, Diploma and certificate programmes||Last week of July 2021|
|Date of Entrance Exam||3rd week of June 2021 to last week of June 2021|
|Declaration of Result||July 2021|
|Counselling||July/ August 2021|
Madras University Admission Procedure 2021
The university will conduct the entrance exam for some of the courses. While the admission to rest of the courses will be given on the basis of qualifying exam merit as given below:
Courses for which the university will conduct the entrance exam
- A (Historical Studies/ Tamil Literature and Culture/ English/ Tamil Studies/ Journalism & Communication)
- Com (International Business and Finance/ Business Data Science),
- Sc (Analytical Chemistry/ Biomedical Genetics/ Botany/ Polymer Chemistry/ Anatomy/ Geology/ Botany/ Biophysics/ Applied Geography etc.)
- Phil (Hindi/ Arabic/ Economics/ Computer Science/ Biochemistry/ Applied Geology/ French/ Political Science/ Physics etc.)
Courses for which the admission will be granted on the basis of qualifying exam marks
- A (Buddhism/ Econometrics/ Hindi/ Indian Economics/ Malayalam/ Telugu/ Urdu/ Vaishnavism/ Sociology/ Sanskrit etc.)
- Sc (Photonics & Bio-photonics/ yoga)
- Lib.I.Sc (Library & Information Science)
- All Certificate, Diploma and PG Diploma Courses
Note: The admission to MBA and MCA courses will be done on the basis of TANCET score. The entrance test will be conducted by the respective department separately.
Madras University Eligibility Criteria 2021
The university offers a very large number of courses. The eligibility criteria for admission to some of the major courses are as follows:
M.A (Sociology/ Ancient History and Archaeology/ Historical Studies/ Anthropology/ Women’s studies/ Public Administration)
- The candidate must have a Bachelors degree in any subject from the University of Madras or any other recognized university.
M.Com. Business Data Science (Self Supportive)
- The candidates must possess a B.Com degree from the University of Madras or any other recognized university
- The candidates must have studied statistics as one of the subjects
- The candidates must have a Master degree with the relevant subject.
- Additionally, the candidate must have secured at least 55% marks in the post graduation exam.
- The applicants having passed the Master degree exam before 1st January 1991 require only 50% marks in the qualifying exam (PG degree exam).
Note: The candidates may visit the official website in order to check the detailed eligibility criteria for Madras University Admission 2021
Madras University Application Form 2021
The application form for the Madras University Admission 2021 will be available in online mode through the official website i.e. www.unom.ac.in.
- In order to fill the application form, the candidates have to visit the official website.
- In the application form, the candidates have to enter all the necessary personal, educational and contact details.
- After submitting the application form online the candidates have to send the printout of application form to the Head of the concerned Department with the proof of payment of application fee and copies of the following documents.
- Statement of Marks of all the qualifying exams such as SSLC, HSC, Graduation etc.
- SSLC and HSC certificates.
- Community certificate (If applicable)
- Transfer Certificate (TC)
- Degree certificate
- Proof for any concession (if claimed)
Note: The candidates should not send the original document to the university.
It is compulsory for every candidate to pay the application fee otherwise the application form will be rejected. The application fee for Madras University Admission 2021 for different candidates will be as follows:
- For SC/ ST/ SCA candidates of Tamil Nadu: Nil (exempted from application fee)
- For Rest of the candidates: Rs. 300/-
Note: The SC/ ST/ SCA candidates of any other state will be considered as general candidates.
Mode of Payment
- The application fee will be paid in online mode through State Bank Collect [SB COLLECT]
Madras University Hall Ticket 2021
Soon after the commencement of application form submission, the authorities will release the Madras University Admit Card 2021.
- The university will release the admit card in online mode through the official website of the university.
- In order to download the admit card, the candidates have to enter their 10 digit mobile number as user id and date of birth as password (in DD/MM/YYYY format).
- All the important information regarding the entrance exam such exam date, timings and venue will be mentioned on the admit card.
- It is compulsory for every candidate to carry admit card at the exam center. No candidate will be permitted to appear for the exam without a valid admit card.
Madras University 2021 Admission Result
- The result as well as the Madras University Merit list 2021 will be released on the official website of the university
- For those courses in which the university will conduct the entrance exam, the merit list will be prepared by giving 50% weightage to both entrance exam and marks in qualifying exam.
- For rest of the courses, the merit list will be based on qualifying exam marks.
- Successful candidates will be called to participate in the further round of admission process.
- The confirmation of Madras University Admission 2021 will be done after the counselling process.
- During the counselling process, the candidates have to get their documents verified.
- The candidates also require paying the admission fee at the time of counselling.
- In case a candidate withdraws the admission before the starting of classes then the admission fee will be refunded after the deduction of Rs. 1000/-
- Madras University Distance Course
- M.Sc Geoinformatics admission
- University of Madras IDE Distance UG/PG Admission