Madras University Distance Education Admission: The Institute Of Distance Education has released the official notification for admission to all Under Graduate, Post Graduate and Professional Courses for the calendar year 2021-22. Candidates can now apply online for getting admission to any distance education programme offered by the Madras University Institute Of Distance Education through visiting the official website link. The last date for submission of filled-in Application for Calendar Year Admission is April 2021.
Institute of Distance Education was established by the University of Madras in the year 1981 to support those learners who are unable to get admission to the regular course of education. Madras University offers numerous undergraduate and postgraduate courses to its learners in distance mode. Currently, the university is offering 14 Postgraduate Courses, 22 Undergraduate Courses, 9 Postgraduate Science Courses, 16 Diploma Courses, 5 Professional Courses, and 12 Certificate Courses.
The university provides quality study materials so that students can get better knowledge in their respective course. Institute of Distance Education (IDE) holds 30 Spot Admission Centres situated at various parts of Tamil Nadu and 50 Study Centres located at other states of the country.
Latest: Madras University has commenced admission procedure for all PG/UG/MCA/MBA/Diploma and Certificate programme.
Courses Offered by IDE, University of Madras
List of Major courses offered by IDE, University of Madras are:
- Under Graduate Programmes: A. / B.Sc. / B.Lit. / B.Nat. / B.Music. / BMM. / B.Com. / B.C.A./ B.B.A.
- Post Graduate Programmes: M.Music / M.A. / M.Com. / M.Sc
- Professional Courses: M.B.A.-General, Executive, Integrated, M.Sc. (I.T.) & M.C.A. Courses
- MLIS, BLIS, Certificate & Diploma Courses
Madras University Distance Education Admission Important Dates
|Sl. No||Events of the Test||Dates|
|1.||Admission commences from||25th February 2021|
|2.||Deadline for receiving of the application form for the calendar year||April 2021|
Admissions to distance education programmes would be granted to Indian residents only. However, eligibility for aforesaid programmes will be different from one another. We advise candidates to go to the respective prospectus for complete details on eligibility criteria.
How to Apply for Madras University Distance Education Admission 2021?
Application form cum prospectus can be obtained via one of the following three methods:
- From the Official Website: One can download the application form from the official website with the payment of Rs. 100/-.
- In-person: Go to the Institute / Spot Admission Centres / Study Centres / Participatory Institutions and obtain the form with payment of Rs. 100/-.
- Via Post: If you’d like to request for the application form via post then you need to send a demand draft of Rs.150/-. Demand draft should be obtained by candidates in favour of The Director, IDE, University of Madras, payable at Chennai.
Process to Submit the Form
The duly-signed application form along with necessary certificates in original and registration fee of Rs. 100/- either through challan or demand draft should be submitted to the concerned co-ordinators if you are looking admission via 10 Study Centres / Spot Admission Centres / Participatory Institutions / Twinning Programme Centres. Challan can be submitted at any designated bank, whereas demand draft Draft should be in favour of “The Director, IDE, University of Madras, Chennai – 600 005”.
List of Necessary Documents
- Qualifying exam mark statements;
- Transfer certificate;
- Diploma certificate/provisional passing certificate
- In case certificates are in any other language rather than English/Tamil then an authenticated translation in English should be attached with form duly attested by a Gazetted Officer.
*Candidates are advised to get a sufficient number of attested copies of certificates before sending the same to the authority.
Please go through the prescribed methods for Madras University Distance Education Admission 2019:
Admission of Aspirants Through Single Window Admission Centre
The University of Madras has set up a Single Window Admission Centre situated at the IDE building, Chepauk Campus, Chennai. Please find the procedure of admission mentioned below:
- First of all, you need to collect the Application-cum-Prospectus from the Sales Counter by doing the payment through cash.
- Now you need to remit the registration fee at “Registration Fee Payment Counter”.
- Then collect the token from the admission front desk after submitting the filled-in application.
- Now submit the photocopies and originals of the necessary certificate. Original certificates will be further returned to candidates along with a provisional admission letter.
- Once you have obtained the provisional admission letter you can go to any branch of Indian Overseas Bank or Indian Bank for making the payment of the required fee.
Admission of Aspirants through Online Mode
Students from all across the country can use this facility for admission. All you need to follow few steps which are mentioned below:
- First of all download the application form cum prospectus from the official website i.e. www.ideunom.ac.in.
- Now submit your application form and necessary fee in online mode.
Admission of Aspirants Through Spot Centres Within Tamil Nadu
If you are staying at any part of the Tamil Nadu state then you can avail the benefit of this facility. In this case, you need to follow the below-mentioned approach:
- You can obtain the form from the Co-ordinator of one of the approved Spot Admission Centres with the payment of the fee in cash.
- Now submit the application form along with necessary certificates and registration fee.
- All eligible candidates would be given admission and enrolment number quickly by the Spot Admission Centres.
- Once you receive the enrolment number then you can pay the requisite amount of fee for obtaining the study materials.