Candidates seeking admission into the different courses offered by the Mumbai University can apply for the same. The application form will be released through online mode as per the schedule decided by the university. Various parameters are followed by the university for selection of candidates to different courses. For some courses entrance exams are conducted. For other, admission is done on the basis of merit in qualifying exam. Find complete details related to the Mumbai University admission 2022 process here from this article.
Table of Contents
Mumbai University Admission 2022 Important Dates
Check out the important dates related to Mumbai University Admission 2022 from the table below:
For entrance based admission:
|For Law course (MUCLET)||For Research courses (PET)|
|Release of online application form||March 2022, 3rd week||February 2022, last week|
|Last date for application form submission||April 2022, 3rd week||March 2022, 3rd week|
|Issue of admit card||April 2022, 4th week||April 2022, 4th week|
|Date of entrance exam||April 2022, last week||May 2022, 1st week|
|Declaration of result||May 2022, First week||May 2022, 2nd week|
|Beginning of counseling process||May 2022, First week||May 2022, 2nd week|
For merit based admission:
|For UG courses||For PG courses|
|Release of online application form||May 2022, last week||July 2022, 1st week|
|Release of online pre-admission enrolment form||June 2022, 1st week||July 2022, 3rd week|
|Last date for application form submission||June 2022, 2nd week||August 2022, 1st week|
|Last date for pre-admission enrolment form submission||June 2022, 3rd week||August 2022, 2nd week|
|Display of merit list||June 2022, 4th week||September 2022, 1st week|
|Beginning of counseling process||June 2022, 4th week||September 2022, 1st week|
Eligibility Criteria for Mumbai University Admission 2022
The following eligibility criteria should be fulfilled by the candidates applying for Mumbai University Admission 2022:
- BA: The candidates need to clear their class 12th exam with English as a subject.
- MA: The applicants should hold a BA degree in relevant field for admission to MA course.
- B.Sc: Applicants who have passed their class 12th exam are eligible to apply.
- M.Sc: Candidates who hold a B.Sc degree in relevant field are eligible for M.Sc course.
- BCA: A pass in the class 12th exam from a recognized board is required.
- MCA: Any bachelor’s degree (preferably BCA) with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (40% for reserved category) is required.
- LLB: A pass in class 12th exam with a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (40% for reserved category) is required.
- LLM: Those with an LLB degree recognized by the Bar Council of India are eligible to apply.
- B.Tech: Applicants should have passed their class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects.
- M.Tech: The applicants should hold a BE/ B.Tech degree in relevant discipline in order to be eligible.
Mumbai University Application Form 2022
The application form for Mumbai University admission 2022 will be made available on the website of the university mum.digitaluniversity.ac. Candidates are advised to read the important instructions carefully before proceeding with the application process.
- Candidates will have to fill a registration form first providing details like name, mobile number, email id, etc.
- Upon successful submission of the registration form, a user id and password will be generated.
- Using this user id and password, the candidates can login to obtain and fill their application form.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide rest personal details, academic details, contact details, etc.
- After providing these details, the candidates need to upload their scanned photograph into the form.
- Candidates can then submit their application form online along with the prescribed amount of application fee.
- Once the submission of form and fee is done, the candidates can take a printout of the application form for future reference.
- The application fee for Mumbai University Admission 2021 will be Rs. 1000/- (Rs. 500/- for reserved category candidates).
- Payment of the application fee can be done online using net banking/ debit card/ credit card.
Candidates can check the overview of Mumbai University exam pattern below:
For MUCLET 2022:
- Duration of exam: 120 minutes
- Mode of exam: Computer-based test
- Medium of test: English and Marathi
- Number of questions: 150
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 150
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- Negative marking: Not applicable
|Topics||Number of questions||Total marks|
|Legal Aptitude and Legal Reasoning||30||30|
|Logical and Analytical Reasoning||30||30|
|General Knowledge with Current Affairs||40||40|
For PET 2022:
- Duration of exam: 180 minutes
- Number of questions: 100
- Medium of test: English
- Total marks: 100
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each correct answer.
- The admit card to appear in the Mumbai University entrance test 2022 will be released for the successfully registered candidates.
- Candidates can download their admit card by visiting the official website of the university.
- The admit card along with a valid photo identity proof should be carried by the candidates to the exam center.
- Only the candidates carrying these documents will be allowed to enter the exam hall and appear for the entrance exam.
- It is suggested that the candidates keep their admit card safe as it will be required at the time of admission.
- The result of the Mumbai University entrance exams will be announced online and can be checked from the official website of the university.
- To see the result, the candidates will be required to login to their account using the registration details.
- Based on the marks obtained by the candidates in the entrance test, a merit list will be drawn by the authorities.
- For merit-based courses, the list will be drawn on the basis of marks scored by the candidates in the qualifying exam.
Mumbai University Counseling 2022
- Details of the counseling process will be communicated by the university through its official website.
- Important documents will be verified and therefore the candidates must carry the documents in original while reporting of counseling.
- Candidates will also be allowed to provide their choice for course specialization at the time of counseling.
- Seats will be allotted to the candidates after successful document verification as per the merit and choice of the candidates.
Courses Offered at the Mumbai University
The Mumbai University offers the following undergraduate and postgraduate courses:
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Arts in Russian/ Chinese Studies/ French Studies/ German Studies
- Bachelor of Music in Hindustani Classical
- Bachelor of Management Studies
- Bachelor of Physical Education
- B.Pharma Science
- Master of Arts in Mathematics/ Sociology/ Persian/ Urdu/ Sindhi/ Hindi/ Linguistics/ Geography/ English/ Philosophy/ Sanskrit/ Politics/ History/ History & Archaeology/ Marathi/ Gujarati/ Communication & Journalism/ Electronic Media/ Film Studies/ Pali/ Public Relations/ Television Studies/ German Studies/ Economics/ Russian/ Theatre Arts/ Kannada/ Psychology/ Arabic/ French/ Center for Central Eurasian Studies
- Master of Arts (Hons) in German Studies/ Sociology/ Persian/ English/ Politics/ Public Policy/ Communication & Journalism/ Electronic Media/ Film Studies/ Theatre Arts/ Public Relations/ Television Studies
- Master of Science in Computer Science/ Information Technology/ Statistics/ Physics/ Geography/ Biophysics/ Commerce/ Chemistry/ Mathematics/ Biotechnology
- Master of Music in Hindustani Classical Vocal
- Master in Education
- Integrated MA in German
- Integrated MA in Russian
- Integrated MA in Pali
- Master of Physical Education
- Integrated M.Sc
- Master’s Degree Programme in Data Science
- Micro-degree in Data Science
- M.L.I.Sc, M.L.I.Sc (Integrated)
- M.Pharma Science
Postgraduate diploma courses:
- PG Diploma in Alternative Dispute Resolution
- PG Diploma in Cyber Law and Information Technology
- PG Diploma in Intellectual Property Rights
- Post Graduation Diploma in Applied Statistics with Software
- PG Diploma in Actuarial Science
- PG Diploma in Securities Laws
- PG Diploma in Performing Folk Arts
- PG Diploma in International Studies
- PG Diploma in Security Studies
- Post Graduate Advanced Diploma in Pali
- PG Diploma in Human Rights
Do I need to send any documents to the Mumbai University at the time of application?
The candidates should not send any documents to the Mumbai University at the time of application as the documents will be required only at the time of counseling.
How can I get a refund on the application fee?
The application fee once submitted will not be refunded by the university under any circumstances.
Can I get a duplicate copy of the admit card if I lose it?
No duplicate admit card will be sent to the candidates in case they lose theirs. To protect from loss or damage, it is suggested that the candidates take multiple printouts of the same.
What documents should I carry with me at the time of verification?
Mark sheets, passing certificates of all exams from class 10th onwards, category certificate, income certificate, etc should be carried at the time of reporting for verification.
What if I fail to report for admission in the given time period?
The candidature of such candidates will be cancelled and their seats will be offered to the candidate next in line.