Pune University is one of the prestigious universities of the country and offers a plethora of courses in field of engineering, management, law, science, arts, etc. Application form for the admission will be released by the university through online mode. Interested candidates who also meet the eligibility criteria can apply for the admissions. It is expected that the application form will be released in the first week of May 2021. This article provides the candidates detailed information related to the Pune University Admission 2021.
Courses Offered at the Pune University
A list of the courses offered at the Savitribai Phule Pune University is provided below.
Faculty of Arts, Fine Arts & Performing Arts
- MA, MA in Foreign Languages, Job Oriented Functional Hindi, Sanskrit Linguistics, Indian Logic and Epistemology
- Diploma & Degree course in Hindi Functional languages
- MFA, BFA
- BA Special, BA Restructure, BA General
- Diploma in Japanese, Music, Russian, German, French, Urdu Literature in Modern European Languages, Manuscriptology, Translation
- Master of Oriental Learning
- Bachelor of Oriental Learning in Sanskrit
- Special Diploma course in Russian
- Advanced Diploma in French, German, Russian, Japanese
- BA/ MA in Lalit Kala
- Lower Diploma in Sanskrit, Ardhamagadhi, Pali
- Higher Diploma in Sanskrit, Ardhamagadhi, Pali
- Vyawaharik Hindi Padvika and Madhyamik Hindi Adhyapak
- Prayojanmulak Hindi Padvika
- Sampreshan aur Janasampark
- Hindi Tankan, Ashulekhan and Mudrit Sanshodhan Padvika Pathyakram
- Vyavaharik Marathi Padvika Abhyaskram
Faculty of Education & Physical Education
- M.Ed, M.Ed (Physical Education)/ M.P.Ed, MA (Education)
- B.Ed, B.P.Ed, B.Ed (Yoga), B.Ed (Vocational), B.Ed Education of Handicapped, B.Ed (Hearing impaired)
- B.Sc in Physical Education, Health Education and Sports
- Postgraduate Diploma In Research Methodology of Education
- Diploma in Education for Deaf/ Hearing Impaired, Mentally Retarded Children, Sports Journalism
- Special Training Course for Teachers of Mentally Retarded persons
- Certificate Course for Training of Adult Education Middle Level Functionaries (Animators) and Supervisors
Faculty of Science
- M.Sc, M.Sc Medical Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Petroleum Technology, Applied Electronic Science, Computer Science, Tech Weapon Systems, Energy Studies, Drug Chemistry, M.Sc (Tech.) Information Technology
- PG B.Sc Applied Course in Toxicology, Applied Course in Tissue Culture
- Master of Computer Science, MCS (with Scientific Computing)
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- M.Tech in Atmospheric Physics, Computer Science, Bio-Informatics, Lasers & Electro-Optics, Mathematical Modeling & Simulation, Radar System, Integrated Digital Communications, Cross Migration, Resource Development, Laser & Laser Applications, Material Science, Software Engineering
- MA/ M.Sc Health Sciences, Communication Studies
- B.Sc, B.Sc (Restructure), B.Sc Tech Weapon System, B.Sc (Applied) in Optometry, Environmental Pollution, Electronics, Bio-Medical (Techniques), Energy Studies, Pollution Environment, Petroleum Technology, Scientific Instrumentation
- Diploma in Hydrogeology, Equipment Management, Automotive Technology, Explosive and Armament, communication Technology
- PG Diploma in Mineral Exploration, Automotive Technology, Mobile Ware Fare Communication, Community Health & Development, Dietetics, Armament Technology
- Advanced Diploma in Bioinformatics
Faculty of Management
- Master of Personnel Management
- Master of Computer Management
- Master of Management Sciences
- Master of Marketing Management
- Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology
- PG Diploma in Environment
- Advanced Diploma in Computer Application
- Faculty of Pharmaceutical Science
Faculty of Commerce
- PG Diploma in Company Secretaryship, Salesmanship & Advertisement, Statistics, Taxation, Banking, Accountancy, International Business
Faculty of Law
- Master of Labor Laws and Labor Welfare
- Bachelor of Social Legal Science
Pune University Admission Important Dates 2021
The table below presents the important dates (tentative) related to Pune University Admission 2021:
|Availability of online application form||1st week of May 2021|
|Last date for submission of the application form||4th week of May 2021|
|Admit card issue date||1st week of June 2021|
|Date of entrance test||2nd week of June 2021|
|Announcement of result||Yet to be notified|
Eligibility Criteria for Pune University Admission 2021
Basic eligibility for certain courses offered by the Pune University are provided below:
For undergraduate courses:
- BA: Applicants should have passed their class 12th exam from any stream to apply for the BA course.
- BFA: The applicants should have cleared their class 12th exam to be eligible for the BFA course.
- B.Ed: Candidates should any bachelor’s degree to be eligible for the B.Ed degree program.
- B.Sc: Those who have cleared their class 12th exam preferably with Science stream can apply.
- B.Tech: A pass in class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects is required.
- Bachelor of Oriental Learning in Sanskrit: The candidates who have passed their class 12th exam with Sanskrit as a subject can apply for this course.
For postgraduate courses:
- MA: Those who hold a BA degree in the concerned discipline can apply for admission to the related MA course.
- MCA: A bachelor’s degree in any discipline with Mathematics in class 12th is required.
- MBA: Candidates should hold a bachelor’s degree in any field with not less than 50% marks (45% for reserved category candidates) in aggregate.
- M.Com: The applicants should hold a B.Com degree to be eligible for M.Com degree course.
- MFA: A degree in BFA in the relevant specialization is required.
- M.Sc in Computer Science: Those with a bachelor’s degree in any discipline with minimum 50% marks can apply.
- M.Tech in Computer Science: Applicants need to hold a BE/ B.Tech or M.Sc in Physical Sciences or Mathematical Sciences along with a valid GATE score.
- M.Ed: The candidates with a B.Ed degree are eligible for the M.Ed degree programme.
Pune University Application Form 2021
The application form for Pune University Admission 2021 will be released online on the official website of the university www.unipune.ac.in. Candidates are advised to keep all the important documents ready before they start filling the application form.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their basic personal details such as name, gender, date of birth, category, domicile, etc
- Details of qualifying exam such as marks obtained, passing status, school/ college name etc will also be asked in the application form.
- Copies of candidates’ photograph and signature should be uploaded in the application form in scanned format.
- After providing all the details in the application form, the candidates can submit it online along with the specified application fee.
- A printout of the application form should be taken and kept safe by the candidates in case of future correspondence.
Pune University 2021 Exam Pattern
Check out the basic overview of Pune University exam pattern 2021 below:
- Mode of exam: Computer based test
- Type of questions: Multiple choice questions
- Total marks: 100
- Negative marking: 1/3 of the allotted marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Section A||General Knowledge/ Aptitude/ Logic/ Comprehension||20 marks|
|Section B||Subject-specific questions||80 marks|
Pune University Exam Admit Card 2021
- The admit card for appearing in the Pune University entrance test will be released online on the official website of the university.
- Using their application details, the candidates will be able to download their admit card.
- On the admit card, the details related to the candidates like name, roll number and details about the exam like venue, timing, etc will be printed.
- Only the candidates carrying a valid admit card will be allowed to enter the exam hall.
- Admit card should be kept safe by the candidates till the complete process of admission is over.
Pune University Admission Result 2021
- Authorities will declare the result of the entrance exam online on the university’s official website.
- The candidates will be able to check their result using their roll number and date of birth.
- Based on the marks scored in the entrance exam, a merit list of the candidates will be prepared.
- For courses with no entrance exams, the merit list will be drawn on the basis of qualifying exam marks.
- Separate merit lists will be prepared for admission to different courses.
- As per the names of the candidates in the merit list, the counseling will be conducted.
Pune University Admission 2021 Counseling
- Details of the counseling process like venue and schedule will be intimated to the candidates through university website.
- During counseling, the candidates will be asked to provide their choice for course specialization and their documents will be verified.
- After successful verification of documents and eligibility, seats will be allotted to the candidates as per their choice and merit.
- Those who fail to report for the counseling as per the given schedule will be considered as disqualified.
Pune University Admission FAQs 2021
Can candidates from outside Maharashtra apply for Pune University admission?
Yes. But only the candidates belonging to the Maharashtra state will be eligible for reservation.
Do I need to send hard copy of application form to the university?
No. There is no need to send hard copy of application form or any other document to the university as the application process is totally online.
Can I get my entrance test admit card through offline mode?
No admit card will be sent via the means of post, courier, email, fax, etc and will only be available online.
What if a candidate fails to report for the admission to the university in the given time period?
Candidature of the candidates who fail to secure admission in the given time period will be cancelled. Seats allotted to such candidates will be given to the candidate next in the list.
I have not qualified my qualifying exam yet. Can I still apply for the Pune University admissions?
Candidates who will clear their qualifying exam before the commencement of counseling process with the specified percentage of marks can apply for admissions 2021.