CEED cut off: The Cutoff Marks for CEED (Common Entrance Examination for Design) is the minimum score required to qualify the exam for admission to Masters of Design (M.Des) courses at IIT Hyderabad, IISc Bangalore, IIT Delhi, IIT Bombay, IIT Guwahati, and IIT Kanpur, and to Ph.D courses in Design at IIT Bombay, IISc Bangalore, IIT Kanpur and IIT Hyderabad.
CEED qualifying marks will be published on this webpage if they are released by the concerned institutes. Aspirants who want to know more details about CEED Cutoff can go through the article mentioned below on this webpage.
CEED Cutoff Score
The cutoff of CEED will be used to shortlist the applicants for admission. The conducting IIT institute will decide the CEED Cutoff, separately for Part A and Part B of the test. Applicants should note that Part – A of CEED Cutoff will be used as a screening candidate whereas CEED Part B cutoff will be considered for the final selection. The conducting body will not evaluate Part B answer sheet, if the applicants fails to score more than the prescribed cutoff of CEED for Part A.
The cutoff of CEED exam will be determined on many factors some of factors are listed below:
- Total number of candidate appeared for the CEED exam
- Number of applicants passed the exam
- Difficulty level of the exam
- Available vacancies
CEED Cutoff for Part A
The Part A of the exam will comprise of objective type questions with four alternate answers in which candidate have to choose correct one. In order to clear CEED Part A, the candidates will have to score the minimum prescribed Cutoff marks or more in part A.
Below, we are providing the expected Cut off of CEED in part A (only) for shortlisting candidates
Required minimum percentile in part A
|Serial No.||Category||cut off percentage required in part A (unofficial)|
CEED Cutoff for Part B
The Part B of CEED will consist of subjective type questions and will analyze applicant’s drawing, writing, and designing skills. The candidate’s performance in Part B will be evaluated on the basis of various factors such as ability to write, draw, shade, understanding about 2D and 3D, knowledge of shadows and much more.
Applicants should note that CEED Merit List will be made on the basis of their marks obtained in CEED Part B. For the admission in various participating institutes, only the merit will be considered.
Significance of CEED Cutoff marks
Candidates can check the following important factors about the CEED cutoff
- The cutoff will be used to shortlist the candidates for admission to the master of design courses into various participating institutes.
- On the basis of minimum qualifying marks, the merit list will be determined by the IIT.
- The CEED Scorecard will only be given to those candidates who will successfully qualify the exam with scoring more than the prescribed cutoff marks.
- CEED cutoff will be considered for qualifying the exam. Each participating institute of IIT might also decide its own cutoff for offering admission to candidates.