For selecting the candidates into engineering, technology and pharmacy courses, WBJEE 2021 will be conducted. The candidates who wish to pursue their B.Tech, B.Pharma, etc courses from colleges situated in the state of West Bengal can appear for the same. Candidates from all over the country can apply for the examination going to be held on 11th July 2021 . However, enrolment in government colleges and benefit of reservations will only be given to the candidates who are a domicile or residents of the state.
The last date to apply for WBJEE 2021 has been extended till 30th March 2021.
WBJEE 2021 will be held on 11th July 2021. The application form is releasing on 23rd February 2021.
Highlights of WBJEE 2021
- The entrance exam will be held as a pen-paper test hopefully in the 4th week of April 2021.
- Candidates will be able to apply for the same in online mode from the month of November 2020.
- The applicants should complete their application in time as once the last date is over, no request will be entertained.
- Only those submitting their applications successfully will be allowed to appear for the exam.
- Publishing of admit cards and declaration of results all will be done on the official website of WBJEEB.
WBJEE 2021 Important Dates
Below given are the official dates related to WBJEE 2021:
|Official notification release||Released|
|Release of online application form|
|Last date of submitting application and payment of fee|
|Availability of application correction window|
|Issue of admit card||6th to 11th July 2021|
|Entrance exam date||11th July 2021|
WBJEE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Check below the eligibility criteria required to be fulfilled for WBJEE:
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- The lower age limit is 17 years as on 31st December 2021.
- There is no upper age limit except for marine engineering where upper age limit is 25 years.
- For engineering courses (except marine engineering): A pass in class 12th exam with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Computer Science/ Computer Application and a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ PwD) in these subjects is required. The candidates should also have passed in these subjects and in English (with 30% marks) individually.
- For marine engineering: The candidates should have passed class 12th exam with 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics taken together and individual pass marks in each of these subjects. A minimum of 50% marks in English in either class 10th or class 12th is also required.
- For pharmacy courses: A pass in class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Computer Science/ Computer Application and a minimum of 45% marks in aggregate (40% for SC/ ST/ OBC-A/ OBC-B/ PwD) in these subjects is required. The candidates should also have passed in these subjects and in English (with 30% marks) individually.
WBJEE 2021 Application Form
The WBJEE 2021 application form can be obtained from the official website of the board www.wbjeeb.nic.in. The candidates will first have to register themselves and after that they can fill their application form.
- For registration, the candidates will have to provide their name, father’s name, mother’s name and date of birth.
- Once the candidate is successfully registered, he/ she can fill the application form.
- In the application form, rest basic personal details and educational details will have to be filled.
- The candidates will also have to upload their scanned photograph and signature into the form.
- After completely filling the application form, it should be submitted on or before the last date.
- Applicants are advised to take a printout of the application form and keep it safe for future correspondence (if required).
- The process of application will only be completed with the submission of application fee.
- The application fee will be Rs. 500/- and once paid will not be refunded.
- Payment of application fee can be done by credit card/ debit card/ net banking or via Allahabad Bank e-Challan.
WBJEE Exam Pattern
The overview of WBJEE 2021 exam pattern is given below:
- Mode of exam: Offline
- Number of papers: 2
- Exam duration: 2 hours for each paper (plus extra 1 hour break)
- Number of questions: 155
- Type of question: Objective type
- Total marks: 200
- Marking scheme: Each question of category I will carry 1 mark and of category II will carry 2 marks.
- Negative marking: One-fourth marks allotted to the question will be deducted for every incorrect answer.
|Papers||Subjects||Category I||Category II||Category III|
|Number of questions||Number of questions||Number of questions|
*Candidates appearing only in Paper 2 will be eligible just for pharmacy courses (except in Jadavpur University).
WBJEE 2021 Syllabus
Check the details of WBJEE syllabus given below:
- Physics: Physical World, Measurements, Units & Dimensions, Thermodynamics, Oscillations & Waves, Kinematics, Laws Of Motion, Friction, Gravitation, Current Electricity, Magnetism, etc
- Chemistry: Atoms, Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic, Chemistry of Metals, Atomic Structure, Coordination Compounds, Periodic Table and Chemical Families, States Of Matter, Hydrogen, Polymers, etc
- Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry Of Two Dimensions, Coordinate Geometry Of Three Dimensions, Permutation & Combination, Calculus, etc
Candidates preparing for WBJEE 2021 can find the below given tips helpful:
- Most important thing is to know about your exam- what are its pattern and its syllabus.
- After that, collect the study material as per the exam syllabus (only from authentic sources).
- Make a time table for better management of your time and your studies, giving proper time to each subject.
- Make short notes of important topics while studying. These notes will help you during revision.
- Practice previous years’ question papers once you have covered majority of your syllabus.
Recommended Books for WBJEE 2021
Some important books that you can take reference from are mentioned below. You should refer to these books only after you have finished your syllabus from your standard textbooks.
- Physics by HC Verma
- Physics by DC Pandey
- Organic Chemistry by OP Tandon
- Physical Chemistry by Peter Atkins
- Inorganic Chemistry by JD Lee
- Mathematics by RS Aggarwal
- Mathematics by RD Sharma
WBJEE 2021 Admit Card
- The admit card will be published on the official website a few weeks before the examination.
- Candidates will have to take a printout of their admit card and carry it to the exam center.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the exam hall without a valid admit card.
- Admit card should be preserved till the complete of application process. In case he/she loses the admit card, a duplicate copy can be generated by requesting the Board along with a DD of Rs. 500/-.
WBJEE Result 2021
- The candidates can check the WBJEE 2021 result by visiting the official website of the board.
- The results will be published in the form of a rank card consisting of all relevant ranks, paper-wise score and total score.
- Rank card can be downloaded by the candidates logging into the account using their registration number and password.
- On the basis of rank of the candidates, a merit list will be prepared for counseling.
WBJEE 2021 Counseling Process
- Details of the counseling and seat allotment process will be uploaded on the board’s website.
- The candidates will be allowed to provide choices for course and institute they wish to get enrolled.
- Important certificates and eligibility of the candidates will also be verified at the reporting center.
- After successful document verification, seats will be allotted to the candidates as per their choice and ranking.
- Those who are allotted a seat will then have to report to the allotted institute and complete the formalities for admission.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ques 01: What is the minimum age criterion to appear for WBJEE 2021?
Ans: Candidates who are at least 17 years old as on 31st December 2021 eligible.
Ques 02: Can I apply in offline mode?
Ans: No, it’s not possible. You can only apply online on official website of WBJEEB.
Ques 03: What should be the size of photograph and signature I am uploading?
Ans: Please go through the information below:
|Signature||JPG/JPEG||3kb to 30kb||4 cm x 1.5 cm|
|Photograph||JPG/JPEG||3kb to 100kb||4 cm x 3 cm|
Ques 04: How can I pay the application fee?
Ans: You can pay application fee online by Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card. Please note that fee is non-refundable in nature.
Ques 05: Can I make correction in my name, father’s name, mother’s name, gender and date birth?
Ans: No, it’s not possible to make correction in primary registration data.
Ques 06: Do I need to send hard copy of the document?
Ans: No, you don’t need to need to send hard copy to the concerned authority.