The Council of Architecture (COA) is releasing the applications for admission in five years of architecture program offered by the colleges/universities located in the country. The exam will be conducted twice a year i.e. 10th April 2021 and 12th June 2021. Through NATA 2021, candidates who have failed in the first session on NATA will get an opportunity to appear for the next one to improve their performance.
The online form has been released on 5th March 2021. Interested candidates need to check their eligibility status before filling the online form. NATA will be held in online mode followed by the drawing test which will be held in pen and paper-based mode. Candidates will be given a total of 60 minutes to complete the online test and 120 minutes for drawing test.
NATA 2021 answer key is releasing on 10th April 2021.
NATA 2021 application form ends today on 10th April 2021.
NATA 2021 application form correction facility is active from 26th March 2021.
NATA 2021 application form is available from 5th March 2021.
NATA first and second test will be held on 10th April 2021 and 12th June 2021-source said.
NATA 2021- Main Highlights
- Only online applications will be considered as a valid one for submission. No offline/printed form shall be released by the COA in this regard.
- Candidates must possess a valid email id and phone number in order to register for the exam. The authority will communicate to them in the future through these mediums only.
- The application number and password must not be shared with anyone under any circumstances.
- Applicants need not send the filled-in copy of the application form to the authority.
- Appearing in second test is not mandatory and is purely at the discretion of the applicants.
- NATA score will be valid only for the academic year 2021-2022.
NATA 2021 Important dates
The tentative schedule of NATA 2021 is given below-
|Events||First examination||Second examination|
|Application form availability||5th March 2021||5th March 2021|
|Last date to submit the form||10th April 2021||30th May 2021|
|Correction window||25th to 20th May 2021|
|Admit card downloading||8th June 2021|
|Exam date||12th June 2021|
|Result announcement||16th June 2021|
NATA 2021 Application form
To apply for NATA 2021, candidates need to register themselves online by visiting the official website of NATA i.e. www.nata.in. They need to keep their scanned documents ready to upload in the form. The form will be divided into sub-sections namely personal details, documents uploading, fee payment. The personal details section will ask for details such as name, address, religion, category, date of birth, educational details among others. After the details are filled properly, applicants need to proceed for the documents uploading section.
The details given by the applicants must be correct and match their official documents. In case the information is found to be misleading then such candidates will be disqualified from appearing in the exam. Candidates must pay the necessary amount of application fee in order to get their applications submitted. The form must be submitted on or before the due date given by the authority to avoid rejection at the last-minute.
|SC/ST candidates||Rs. 1500 (for any one of the test) and Rs. 2800/- (for both the tests)|
|Other candidates||Rs. 1800/- for either of the tests|
|Candidates appearing from test centers outside the territory of India||Rs. 10,000/- (for either of the tests) and Rs. 18,000/- (for both the tests)|
Mode of payment: The payment of the said application fee can be made online i.e. using debit card, credit card and net banking. Fee once paid shall not be refunded back. No fee will be remitted in case the candidate has filled multiple forms.
NATA 2021 Eligibility criteria
Candidates can check their eligibility status for appearing in NATA 2021 exam from the information provided below-
Qualifying exam: Applicants must have completed class 12th exam with minimum 50% aggregate marks in PCM subject group and 50% aggregate marks in class 12th. Those who have done 3 years of diploma course with Mathematics as a compulsory subject can also apply for the exam. Such candidates should have secured at least 50% marks in aggregate.
NATA 2021 Exam pattern
Given below is the exam pattern of NATA 2021 examination-
- Exam mode: Online
- Language: English only
- Duration: 1 hour for mathematics and general aptitude test and 120 minutes for drawing
- Type of questions: MCQ for online test
- Marking scheme: 2 marks will be awarded for answering correctly in online test.
- Negative marking: There is no provision for negative marking
|Section||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
NATA 2021 Syllabus
NATA makes an assessment of drawing and observation skills, sense of proportion, aesthetic sensitivity, Mathematics at 10+2 level and critical thinking ability of the candidate and are related to the specific field of study. Here’s the syllabus for NATA 2021 examination–
- Mathematics: Matrices and determinants, algebra, logarithms, trigonometry, coordinate geometry, 3D coordinate geometry, theory of calculus, permutation and combination, application of calculus, statistics and probability.
- General aptitude: Sets and relations, logical operation, mathematical statements, tautology, texture related to architecture and built environment, visualizing 3D objects, general awareness of national and international architects etc.
- Drawing test syllabus: Candidates will be judged on their ability to sketch a given object proportionately and rendering the same in visually appealing manner, combining and composing given three dimensional elements to form a building or structural form, visualizing and drawing the effects of light on the object and shadows cast on surroundings, etc.
How to prepare for NATA exam?
Here are some useful tips on scoring good marks in NATA exam-
- Applicants need to make a timetable that is practical in nature. The timetable should be filled with daily goals that can be achieved easily.
- Do not procrastinate. When you decide to complete a topic, make sure you finish it on time.
- Do not get overwhelmed with the amount of books. Pick one good book and complete it first.
- Practice drawing with and without using references. Observe your surrounding and analyze the shape of objects.
- Read about some famous architecture wonders in the world, about their architects, the designing, inspiration among others.
NATA 2021 preparation books
Students can prepare for NATA with the help of the book given below-
- NATA by S.C Garg
- NATA solved drawings by PRECEPT
- Verbal and non-verbal reasoning by R.S Aggarwal
- NATA and B.Arch question bank by Ar. Shadan Usmani
- NCERT’s mathematics for class 11th and 12th.
NATA 2021 Admit card
- The admit card for NATA 2021 will be available on the official web portal of NATA i.e. www.nata.in.
- Applicants need to download the same and keep a printed copy of the hall ticket for later use.
- They must carry the admit card to the exam center along with a valid id proof.
- Those who do not possess the same will not be allowed to take the test.
- Before heading to the exam center, candidates should check the details printed on the admit card very carefully and report the center on time mentioned in the hall ticket.
NATA 2021 Result
- Candidates can check their result online from the web portal of NATA.
- Those opting to appear in both the first and second test should note that they will be issued with the separate score card for each test. The score card for second test shall contain the marks secured in first & second test and also the best marks secured in either of the tests as valid score for admission to B.Arch course.
- Once the result is announced, no request for re-evaluation of test scores will be entertained.
- Qualifying marks will be based on the following rules-
- A minimum of 25% must be secured in MCQ portion (30 out of 120)
- A minimum of 25% must be secured in Drawing portion (20 out of 80)
- Overall qualifying marks (out of 200) would be based on post-exam statistics and at the discretion of the Council.
- Candidates can apply to the colleges based on the NATA score obtained by them.