The JEE (Main)-2021 is being conducted in multiple Sessions(February/March/April/May) for admissions in the next academic session. This will givemultiple opportunities to the candidates to improve their scores in the examination if they are not ableto give their best in the one attempt.Admissions into various engineering and architectural institutes will be offered on the basis of the mains score. Candidates qualifying the mains will also become eligible for appearing in JEE advanced. Clearing both main and advanced exam is mandatory for admissions into IITs. The interested and eligible candidates can appear in the JEE Main 2021 by submitting their online applications.
JEE Main 2021 Exam Highlights
- The complete process of JEE Main, from application and exam to the result will be online.
- Candidates are advised to keep all the important documents such as Aadhaar, debit/ card, credit card, scanned photograph, signature, etc ready before starting the application process.
- Application form must be submitted online and no hard copy will be accepted.
- The applicants must ensure their eligibility before applying for the exam.
- Candidates submitting their application on time will be able to download their admit card and appear for exam.
Latest: JEE Main 2021 exam for May session has been postponed now.
JEE Main 2021 exam for April session has been postponed now.
JEE Main 2021 application form released for April & May session.
JEE Main 2021 result has been announced now for March session.
The exam date for JEE Main March session has been revised.
JEE Main admit card for the March 2021 session has been released now. Download now
JEE Main result has been declared now. Check your result
JEE Main application form out for March session. Last date for registration is 6th March 2021.
The answer key for JEE Main 2021 has been released now. Check it
JEE Main admit card has been released on 12th February 2021. Download it here
JEE Main application form correction facility is active from 27th Jan 2021. Check here
JEE Main official syllabus out. Please check it here.
The last date to apply for JEE Main 2021 has been extended till 23rd January 2021.
The JEE (Main)-2021 is being conducted in multiple Sessions(February/March/April/May) for admissions in the next academic session. Candidates can apply online in between 16th December 2020 to 16th January 2021. Please check out the new exam pattern for JEE Main 2021.
JEE Main Notification in EnglishJEE Main 2021 Notification English
JEE Main Notification in HindiJEE Main 2021 Notification Hindi
JEE Main 2021 official notification has been removed by NTA. It may be released shortly.
JEE Main 2021 official notification released, application to start from 15th December 2020.
JEE Main 2021 Important Dates
The important dates for JEE Main 2021 is given as follows:
|Availability of online application form||16th December 2020|
|Last date of application form submission|
|Editing in application form||27th to 30th January 2021|
|Admit card issue||12th February 2021|
|Date of exam||(Session 1): 23, 24, 25 & 26 February 2021|
(Session 2): 16th to 18 March 2021 (Revised)
(Session 3): 27, 28, 29 & 30 April 2021
(Session 4): 24, 25, 26, 27 & 28 May 2021
|Result announcement||To be notfied|
|Beginning of counseling||To be notfied|
JEE Main 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates fulfilling the eligibility criteria mentioned below can apply for JEE Main 2021:
- There will be no age limit for appearing in the JEE Main exam.
Number of attempts:
- The candidates can attempt for JEE Main for maximum of two times and that too in two consecutive years.
- The candidates should have passed their class 12th exam with an aggregate of 75% marks (65% for SC/ ST candidates).
- Applicants with top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conducted by the respective Boards are also eligible.
- For BE/ B.Tech, Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject are mandatory at 12th
- For B.Arch, B.Planning, Mathematics as a subject in class 12th is mandatory.
- Only those candidates appearing in their class 12th exam in the year 2019, 2020 or 2021 can apply for JEE Main 2021.
- The candidates appearing in class 12th exam in the year 2019 are only eligible if they do not appear for JEE Main in the year 2019.
JEE Main Application Form 2021
To appear in the JEE Main 2021, the candidates will have apply online. Candidates who do not have an Aadhaar card are suggested to enroll for one as the Aadhaar details are mandatory for application submission.
- Basic personal and educational details of the candidates will be required to fill the application form.
- Email address and mobile number entered in the form must be unique and valid. Any intimation regarding the exam will be sent on them only.
- The candidates will also have to upload their photograph and signature in scanned format.
- Application form filled in all sense can be submitted online along with the prescribed application fee.
- A printout of the confirmation page should be taken by the candidates and kept safe for future reference.
- The process of application will not be completed without payment of application fee.
- Application fee once submitted will not be returned under any circumstances.
- Payment of fee can be done through credit card / debit card/ net banking/ e-Challan using SBI-MOPS facility.
The application fee will be as follows:
Check the JEE Main exam pattern here:
- Mode of Examination:JEE (Main) 2021 Examination will be held in “Computer Based Test” (CBT)Mode only, except that the Drawing Test for B.Arch. will be held in “Pen & Paper” (offline)mode.
- Duration of exam: 3 hours
- Medium of exam: Drawing from the National Education Policy (NEP), the JEE (Main) 2021 will be conducted in Assamese, Bengali, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Odia, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Urduin addition to Hindi, English and Gujarati.
New Exam Pattern for JEE Main 2021
The syllabus for JEE Main will be based on the curriculum of class 11th and 12th. An overview of the same is given below:
- Mathematics: Sets, Relations And Functions, Complex Numbers And Quadratic Equations, Matrices And Determinants, Permutations And Combinations, Mathematical Induction, Sequence & Series, Calculus, Coordinate Geometry, Trigonometry, Probability, etc
- Physics: Physics And Measurement, Kinematics, Laws Of Motion, Work, Energy And Power, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Electrostatics, Magnetic Effects Of Current, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Thermodynamics, Electronic Devices, Communication System, etc
- Chemistry: Some Basic Concepts In Chemistry, States Of Matter, Atomic Structure, Chemical Thermodynamics, Redox Reaction & Thermo-chemistry, Surface Chemistry, Hydrogen, s & p-Block Elements, Hydrocarbons, Polymers, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, etc
- Arch/ B.Plan Aptitude Test: Awareness of Persons, Places, Buildings, Design & Drawing of Geometrical Shapes, Generation of Plan, Elevation & 3D Views of Objects, Analytical Reasoning, Mental Ability, Three-Dimensional Perception, Sketching of Scenes, etc
JEE Main 2021 Preparation Strategy
Certain tips that can be helpful in the preparation of JEE Main are given here.
First know your syllabus. All the study material you collect will depend on the syllabus of your exam.
- After that, collect study material (only form authentic sources) at one place.
- You can make a time table for better management of time between different subjects.
- During study, make short notes of all the topics that you think can be important.
- After your basics are totally clear, you can start practicing of previous years’ question papers.
- Make time for revision. You do not want to forget the old topics as you proceed with the new ones.
A list of some of the important books that the candidates can refer for exam preparation is given here:
- Mathematics: RS Aggarwal for basic Mathematics, NCERT and RD Sharma for advanced Mathematics
- Physics: DC Pandey for basic Physics, NCERT, HC Verma for advanced Physics
- Chemistry: Inorganic Chemistry by JD Lee, Organic Chemistry by Morrison and Boyd and Physical Chemistry by Peter Atkins
- Architecture: Self-study Guide for B.Arch entrance exam by PK Mishra (Arihant Publication)
- The candidates are required to download the admit card from the official website to appear for the exam.
- Separate admit cards will be released for 1st and 2nd attempt exams.
- The center and shift of the exam will be printed on the admit card. No candidate will be allowed to appear at a center or shift other than that.
- Candidates who do not hold a valid admit card will not be allowed to enter the exam hall.
- Those facing any problem with their admit card must contact the helpline.
- Candidates are advised to preserve their Admit Cards for counseling and admission.
JEE Main 2021 Answer Key
- NTA will display answer key & recorded responses of answers on website jeemain.nic.in.
- The candidates not satisfied with the recorded response may challenge by filling online application form and paying processing charges of Rs.1000/- per question.
- After re-evaluation, final answer key will be released.
- The result will be compiled on the basis of final answer keys.
- The result of JEE Main 2021 will be declared in online mode and the candidates will be able to check it from the official website.
- Result of 1st attempt will be out by the last week of January. The candidates who are not satisfied by their results can appear for the 2nd
- 2nd attempt result will be declared hopefully in the last week of April.
- After the declaration of both results, counseling of the qualified candidates will begin.
JEE Main 2021 Counseling
- Candidates qualified in any of the attempts will be considered for counseling.
- After result declaration, the data will be handed over to CSAB/ JoSAA or the concerned State government/ institute for seat allocation.
- Candidates will have to register themselves on the website of the authorities conducting the counseling.
- The concerned authority will prepare a merit list of the qualified and registered candidates in order of ranking.
- During counseling, the applicants will be allowed to provide their choice for course and institute.
- Based on the choice made and ranking of the candidate, seat allotment will be done.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: The medium of question paper will be Hindi, English and Gujarati. The option for question paper language needs to be exercised at the time of filling application form and the same cannot be changed at later stage.
Ans: There is no age limit for appearing in JEE Main exam. Further candidates also need to ensure their age criteria for institutes they are willing to take admission into. Please note IITs have an age restriction which will be published in JEE Advanced information brochure.
Ans: Yes, appearing candidates can apply for JEE Main exam. Candidates, who passed the exam in 2019, 2020 or appearing in 2021 are eligible to apply.
Ans: For January 2021 session, the application form is expecting to be released in first week of September 2020.
Ans: The scanned copy of photograph and signature should be in JPG/JPEG format. The size of photograph should be between 10 kb to 200 kb. Size of signature should be between 4 kb to 30KB and size of scanned 12thAdmit card/Marksheet/Certificate card must be between 50kb to 500kb.