JEE Main Eligibility Criteria– All JEE Main aspirants are advised to check prescribed eligibility Criteria before they apply. The candidature of an ineligible candidate can be cancelled at any point of time during the selection process. For the ease of aspirants, we are providing below JEE Main eligibility criteria for the year 2022. The highlights of the post include age criteria, educational qualification, number of attempts etc.
Date of Birth
For appearing in the JEE (Main), there is no age limit for the candidates. However, the candidates may be required to fulfil the age criteria of the Institute(s) in which they are desirous of taking admission.
JEE Main- List of Qualifying Exam
- The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized Central/State Board
- Intermediate or two–year Pre–University examination conducted by a recognized Board/ University.
- Final examination of the two–year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defense Academy
- Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
- Any Public School/ Board/ University examination in India or any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
- Higher Secondary Certificate Vocational Examination.
- A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a State board of technical education of at least 3 years duration.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
Year of Appearing in the Exam
Only those candidates who have passed Class 12 / equivalent examination in 2020, 2021 or 2022; or those who are appearing in Class 12 / equivalent examination in 2022, are eligible to appear in JEE (Main).
Candidates who passed Class 12/equivalent examination in 2019 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2022 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE (Main).
Candidates must note that the IITs permit only two attempts for the JEE (Advanced), i.e. a candidate should have appeared for the Class XII (or equivalent) examination for the first time in either 2021 or 2022, subject to the condition of not having been admitted at an IIT on an earlier occasion.
B.E/B.Tech.:Passed qualifying examination with Physics and Mathematics as compulsory subjects along with one of the Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/ Technical Vocational subject.
B.Arch.: Passed qualifying examination with Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry
B.Planning: Passed qualifying examination with Mathematics
Candidates who meet the aforesaid criteria are only eligible to apply for JEE Main.