JEE Main Syllabus: The syllabus is set by the exam conducting body i.e. NTA. Aspirants who are planning to appear in the upcoming JEE Main exam are suggested to study all the subjects and topics prescribed in JEE Main Syllabus for 2022 to score well in the exam. This below given NTA recommended syllabus for Joint Entrance Examination (Mains) contains the list of sections of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics from which questions would be asked in the exam. Candidates who are comfortable with their 11th and 12th class syllabus will be more comfortable with the prescribed syllabus for JEE Main exam. Almost all topics of JEE Main syllabus are retrieved from your class 11 and 12th syllabus and hence having a good preparation for the qualifying exam will lead to achieving good marks in the JEE exam.
As per our analysis, NTA is not making any change in JEE Main syllabus for 2022 session. The complete JEE Main syllabus can be obtained from this post. Aspirants are also permitted to download the syllabus from here for future references.
JEE Main Paper 1 Exam Syllabus
- Physics: Topics > Law of motion and friction, Work, Energy & Power, Circular Motion, Physics and Measurement, Kinematics, law Of Motion, work energy and power, rotational motion, electrostatics, Kinematics, thermodynamics, kinetic theory of gases, Oscillation and waves, Electromagnetic Induction and altering Current, electronic Devices.
- Chemistry: Topics > Atomic Structure, Chemical Bonding, Chemical thermodynamics, Solutions, equilibrium, Surface Chemistry, equilibria Involving both physical and chemical Process
- Maths: Topics >Quadratic Equations & Linear Inequalities, sets relations and Functions, limits continuity and differentiability, integral calculus, sequence and series and differential equations
JEE Main paper 2 Exam Syllabus
- Mathematics Part I : Topics > Wave Motion and Doppler’s Effect, Oscillations (SHM, damped and forced oscillations & Resonance), Kinematics, law Of Motion, work energy and power, rotational motion, electrostatics,
- Aptitude Test – Part II: Topics > subject attitude Check. Logarithm, quantitative queries, Numbers and logarithm
- Drawing Test – Part III : Topics > Logo drawings, Logo-Re drawings and Image assumption drawings.
Why Is Syllabus-Based Preparation Recommended?
Syllabus-based preparation is really necessary if you want to achieve considerable marks in the test. After going through syllabus only you can acquire an idea about contents of the question paper. Before you start preparing any chapter of participating subjects, first go through its contents from the syllabus and then prepare accordingly. This way will help you to cover all subjects without facing any sort of confusions.
JEE Main Exam Pattern for Paper 1 and Paper 2
As you know that JEE Main is organized for aspirants looking for admission into engineering and architecture programme. Therefore, for students’ convenience, I’m specifying below prescribed exam pattern for paper I and paper II.
Paper I Pattern
- Paper 1 is organized in online as well as the offline mode; candidates need to appear in one of the modes as per their convenience.
- You’ll find the question paper in English as well as the Hindi language.
- The authority has specified the exam duration as 3 hours however there will be 1 hour of relaxation for applicants with 40% or more disability.
- The total number of questions will be 90 and it’d be asked from Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Four marks will be there for each correct answer whereas; one mark gets deducted if you’ve marked one wrong answer.
Paper II Pattern
- Paper II will be organized in pen and paper mode only.
- The authority has specified the time duration as 3 hours.
- There will be three sections of the question paper i.e. Mathematics (30 questions), Aptitude Test (40 questions) and Drawing (7 questions).
- Each right answer will fetch 4 marks whereas, ¼ marks gets deducted for every incorrect response.
Best books for JEE Main preparation
- New Pattern Mathematics – A master practice book for JEE Main and Advanced
- 14 Years’ Solved Paper JEE Main
- Understanding Physics for JEE Main and Advanced Waves and Thermodynamics
- Wiley’s Solomons & Fryhle’s Organic Chemistry for JEE (Main and Advanced)
- Organic Chemistry for Joint Entrance Examination
- 38 Years’ Chapterwise Topic-wise Solved Papers IIT JEE Chemistry
- 38 Years’ Chapterwise Topic-wise Solved Papers IIT JEE Physics
- 38 Years’ Chapterwise Topic-wise Solved Papers IIT JEE Mathematics