The XAT 2023 application form has been released on 10th August 2022 in online mode. It is one of the most famous MBA entrance examinations in India. Through this examination, a candidate can get admission to more than 160 management colleges in India. The application form will release in online mode only. Candidates must check the eligibility criteria carefully before submitting the application form. In this post, we are going to provide all the necessary details related to the XAT 2023.
Table of Contents
XAT 2023 Overview
|Name of the exam||XAT 2023|
|Full Form||Xavier Aptitude Test|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Mode of Examination||Online (Computer Based Test)|
XAT 2023 Important Dates
The official schedule of XAT 2023 is given below.
|Main Events||Official Dates|
|Starting of online registration||10th August 2022|
|Last date to register online||To be updated|
|Releasing of the Admit Card||To be updated|
|Date of examination||8th January 2023|
|Declaration of the result||To be updated|
|Last date to download XAT Score card||To be updated|
XAT 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for XAT 2023 examination are given below.
- Candidates must have completed graduation or equivalent of at least three years duration from a recognized university.
- Those who are in the final year of graduation can also apply.
- You should note that there are no minimum marks criteria for the XAT examination.
XAT 2023 Application Form
Those candidates who want to apply need to register in online mode only. Authorities will not accept the application form in any other mode. Given below are the steps that you may follow in order to apply.
- First of all, you need to visit the official website of the Xavier School of Management i.e. www.xatonline.in/ www.xlri.ac.in.
- On the official website, you will have to register by entering the following details – Name, Email Address, Mobile Number, Password, State, and City.
- Once registered, you may sign in by using the password generated in the previous step to open the main application form.
- In the main application form, you will have to enter your complete educational, personal, and contact details.
- Educational Details – Qualifying exam name, marks secured in the qualifying exam, name of the institute.
- Contact Details – Email address, phone number, alternate email address.
- Personal Details – Gender, Date of birth, Category, etc.
- The details provided in the XAT application form must be correct. Otherwise, the application form can get rejected.
- In addition to the details, it is also necessary for candidates to Scan and upload Photo & Signatures as per the specifications available on the website.
- The size of the photograph should be between 20 KB to 50 KB
- The applicant has to sign on white paper with Black Ink pen
- Candidates can choose 2 preferred test cities while filling XAT 2023 Application form.
- You will have to pay the required application fee in the next step.
- Finally, take a printout of the application form submitted and fee receipt for future needs.
The XAT Application Fee 2023 is as follows.
- Rs. 1,800/- and Rs. 300/- each for every additional programme of XLRI (without late fee)
- Rs. 2100/- and Rs. 500/- each for every additional programme of XLRI (with late fee)
Mode of payment – Candidates can pay the application fee online using credit card, debit card, and internet banking.
XAT 2023 Admit Card
- Once the application form submission process gets over, the institute will upload the admit cards of all candidates online.
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card by visiting the official website www.xatonline.in/ www.xlri.ac.in.
- To download the admit card, candidates will have to provide their registration details like registration number, date of birth, etc.
- In the admit card, information like examination date, timing, and venue will be present.
- Along with the admit card, it is necessary for all candidates to carry one Photo ID proof at the time of the examination.
XAT 2023 Exam Pattern
The pattern of the XAT Examination 2023 is given below.
- Mode of examination – Online (Computer Based Test)
- Number of Questions – 100
- Type of Questions – Objective type multiple choice questions
- Duration of examination – 3 hours (180 minutes)
- Maximum Marks – 100 marks
- Marking Pattern
- +1 for every correct answer
- – 0.25 marks for every incorrect answer
- – 0.10 marks for than 8 un-attempted consecutive questions
- There is no provision for negative marking in GK section.
|Sections||Number of questions||Total Marks|
|Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation||28||28|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26||26|
|Essay (250 words)||1||Question paper will be evaluated only if the candidate is shortlisted|
XAT 2023 Syllabus
The subject-wise syllabus of the XAT examination 2023 is given below.
- Quantitative Aptitude (QA) & Data Interpretation (DI) – Percentage, Tables and Caselets, Linear and Quadratics Equations, Profit and Loss, Probability, Surds and Indices, Ratio and Proportion, Critical Path, Inequalities, Variation, Averages and Partnerships, Logarithms, Time and Work, Alligations and Mixtures, Numbers, Time, Speed and Distance, Algebra, Mensuration.
- Verbal & Logical Ability – Reading Comprehension, Fill in the Blanks, Antonyms/ Synonyms, Jumbled Paragraphs, Contextual Usage of Vocabulary, Correction of Errors in Sentence, Word Usage, Sentence Completion, Paragraph Completion.
- Decision Making – Analytical Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, Complex Arrangement, Data Arrangement, Caselets, Conditions and Grouping, Situations, Assumptions, Decision Making.
- General Knowledge – Awards and winners, History and Geography, Static GK, Business and Politics, Constitution of India, Personalities, Government and Economy, World Events, Current Affairs
XAT 2023 Answer Key
- Once the examination process gets over, authorities will release the provisional answer keys.
- With the help of answer keys, candidates can get an idea about the marks they are going to secure in the XAT 2023 examination.
- If a candidate is not satisfied with the answer key then he/she can challenge the same.
- The institute will consider all challenges then release the final answer key. Remember, you can’t challenge the final answer key.
XAT 2023 Result
- The result will be prepared on the basis of the final answer key.
- Candidates will be able to check the result by entering their roll numbers on the official website.
- The XAT 2023 Score Card will carry the information about subject-wise and total marks secured by candidates in the entrance test. The details mentioned in the XAT scorecard are as follows.
- Name of the candidate
- XAT ID
- Address of the candidate
- Gender of the candidate
- Sectional percentiles
- Sectional scores
- Date of XAT exam
- Date of Birth
- Validity of the XAT scorecard
- Sectional percentiles
- Overall percentile
- XAT 2023 score is valid for only one year from the XAT result announcement date
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: In which cities the XAT 2023 examination will be conducted?
Answer: The examination will be conducted in the following cities – Agra, Ahmedabad, Aurangabad City (Maharashtra), Allahabad, Ambala, Amravati, Amritsar, Bengaluru, Berhampur, Bhatinda, Bhilai Nagar, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Bokaro Steel City, Chandigarh, Mohali, Chennai, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi-NCR, Dhanbad, Dibrugarh, Durgapur, Asansol, Ernakulam, Gandhinagar, Goa, Gorakhpur, Guwahati, Gwalior, Hooghly, Hubballi (Hubli), Hyderabad, Indore, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Kannur, Kanpur, Kolkata, Kota, Kottayam, Kurnool, Kurukshetra, Lucknow, Ludhiana, Madurai, Mangalore, Mumbai, Mysuru(Mysore), Nagpur, Nashik, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Rajahmundry, Ranchi, Roorkee, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Siliguri, Surat, Thiruvananthapuram, Tiruchirappalli, Tirupathi, Tiruvallur, Udaipur, Udupi, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam, Warangal
Question – 2: How can I pay the XAT application fee?
Answer: All candidates need to pay the application fee online Debit Cards (RuPay / Visa / Master Card / Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
Question – 3: How many times can I attempt the XAT exam?
Answer: There are no such restrictions. You can attempt the XAT exam as many times as you want.
Question – 4: I am studying in the second year of graduation. Can I apply for the exam?
Answer: No, either graduates or final year students are allowed to appear for the graduation exam.