The Xavier Labour Relations Institute (XLRI) will conduct the Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT). It is a national level exam that shortlists the candidates for admission to more than 150 B-schools across India. The candidates aspiring to appear for this exam should go through the XAT Exam Pattern 2024. The authorities have made some changes in the XAT exam pattern for the year 2024. It is expected that the exam will be held in the month of January 2024 and the mode of exam will be online.
In this article, we will discuss all the necessary details regarding the XAT Exam Pattern 2024 including the number of question, type of questions, marking scheme etc.
Table of Contents
XAT Exam Pattern 2024
The aspiring candidate should check the XAT exam pattern as given below:
Mode of Exam: Online (Computer Based Exam)
Parts: The question paper is divided into 2 parts i.e. Part 1 and Part 2
Total Number of Questions: 100 questions
Type of Questions: Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions.
Number of Sections: 4 (Decision Making, General Knowledge, Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation, Verbal and Logical Ability)
Section Wise distribution of Questions
|Papers||Section||Number of Questions||Duration of Time|
|Paper 1||Quantitative Ability and Data Interpretation||27||3 Hours|
|Verbal and Logical Ability||26|
|Paper 2||General Knowledge||25|
The Marking Pattern for XAT exam will be as follows:
- All the Questions will carry 1 Mark each.
- 1 Mark will be given for every correct answer.
- 25 Marks will be deducted for an incorrect answer.
- There is also a negative marking for the un-attempted questions.
- 05 Marks will be deducted for an unanswered question in case the candidate left more than 12 Questions unanswered.
- The General Knowledge section of the XAT Exam is free from the negative Marking.
XAT Exam Pattern 2024
Here are the changes made in the exam pattern.
- There will be no descriptive type of question in this year’s XAT exam.
- The section of Essay writing has been removed.
- The number of sections in the XAT exam 2024 is 4 as compared to the 5 sections in the year 2018.
- The duration of exam is reduced to 3 hours which is used to be 3 ½ hours last year.
Important Instructions regarding the XAT Exam
- The authorities have removed the essay writing section from the XAT Exam Pattern 2024. The essay writing used to be a part of the XAT exam till the last year.
- There will be 5 options in the XAT Multiple choice Questions. The candidate needs to choose the one correct answer.
- The total number of Questions are not fixed in the XAT exam and subjected to vary.
- The marks scored in the General Knowledge section will not be considered for short listing the candidates for Interview and GD round. However, the marks scored in General Knowledge will be considered for final selection.
- The candidates should also check the XAT Syllabus 2024 in order to prepare for the exam.
XAT Exam Centers 2024
The XAT Exam Center is scheduled to be held at the following cities:
Ahmedabad, Agra, Aurangabad City (Maharashtra), Ambala, Allahabad, Amravati, Amritsar, Berhampur, Bengaluru, Bhatinda, Bhopal, Bhilai Nagar, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Chandigarh/Mohali, Coimbatore, Cuttack, Delhi-NCR, Dehradun, Dhanbad, Durgapur/Asansol, Dibrugarh, Ernakulam, Goa, Gandhinagar, Gorakhpur, Gwalior, Guwahati, Hooghly, Hubballi(Hubli), Hyderabad, Indore, Jalandhar, Jabalpur, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Jammu, Kannur, Kolkata, Kanpur, Kota, Kurnool, Kottayam, Lucknow, Mangalore, Madurai, Mumbai, Mysuru(Mysore), Nashik, Nagpur, Patna, Pune, Raipur, Ranchi, Rajahmundry, Roorkee, Sambalpur, Rourkela, Siliguri, Thiruvananthapuram Tiruchirappalli, Surat, Tirupathi, Udaipur, Tiruvallur, Udupi Vadodara, Vijayawada,Varanasi, Visakhapatnam, Warangal, Tejpur, Jorhat, Rajkot, Shillong, Naharlagun.
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here