It is expected that the XLRI will conduct the XAT exam in the 1st week of January 2022. The first thing that a candidate must do in order to prepare for this exam is to know the XAT syllabus 2022. Please note that the XLRI will not issue any prescribed XAT syllabus 2022. The Syllabus will be based only on the exam pattern and previous year question papers. The authorities have made some changes in the XAT exam pattern for the year 2022 like essay writing section is removed from the exam. Similarly, the syllabus of the exam will also change a little.
The candidates preparing for the XAT exam should read this article as here we will discuss section wise XAT Syllabus 2022 in detail.
XAT Syllabus 2022 Highlights
Here are some of the important highlights of the XAT Syllabus.
- The XAT Exam Syllabus 2022 will be divided into 4 sections as given below:
- Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (QA & DI)
- Verbal & Logical Ability (VA & LR)
- General Knowledge
- Decision Making
- The difficulty level of Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (QA & DI) is generally quite high. If you are achieving the accuracy level of 70% then it is quite good.
- The GK section is expected to be of a moderate difficulty. Note that the score of GK will not be considered while counting the XAT Percentile for PI/GD rounds.
- It is observed from the previous year XAT Question papers that no question repeats in the XAT examination.
- As the XAT Exam Pattern 2022 is a little bit different from the previous year exams, some changes in the syllabus are also expected.
Section wise syllabus of XAT exam for the year 2022
The syllabus of the different sections is as follows:
Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation (QA & DI)
The syllabus for this section consists of the following topics:
For the Quantitative Ability section
LCM and HCF, Interest (Simple and Compound), Percentages, Geometry including Co-ordinate Geometry, Speed, Time and Distance, Time and Work, Averages, Ratio and Proportion and others, Profit and Loss, Probability Functions, Binomial Theorem, Linear Equations, Mensuration, Inequalities, Complex Numbers, Venn diagrams, Number System, Progressions, Quadratic Equations, Algebra, Trigonometry, Set Theory, Mixtures and Alligations, Logarithm, Permutation and Combination, Surds and Indices etc.
For Data Interpretation section
Data charts, Bar Diagrams, Data Tables, Graphs, Pie charts, Data analysis and comparison etc.
Verbal & Logical Ability (VA & LR)
Grammar, Para Jumble, Critical Reasoning, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Para Completion, Arguments etc
The XAT General Knowledge Syllabus 2022 consists of the following topics
Politics, Merger & Acquisitions, International Relations, Society, Business, Economics, Sports, Awards and Recognitions, Nation and States, History Literature etc
Note: The ratio of general knowledge to current affair questions is expected to be 60:40
The questions in the decision making section broadly covers the following topics:
Decision making in a situation, Reading Comprehension, Case tests, Data Arrangement Test, Arithmetic problems, Analytical Reasoning, Situational Conditions and Grouping Test etc