TANCET stands for Tamil Nadu common entrance test. This examination is conducted by Anna University to select candidates for admission to MTech/ MArch/ MPlan/ ME, MBA and MCA courses in various colleges across the state of Tamil Nadu. It is an offline exam in which candidates have to answer objective type multiple-choice questions. Before applying, candidates must ensure that they meet the necessary eligibility criteria. The application form will release in online mode only. In this post, we are discussing complete details related to TANCET 2022.
The tentative schedule related to TANCET 2022 is given below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of TANCET 2022 registration in online mode||2nd week of January 2022|
|Last date to submit application form||1st week of February 2022|
|Availability of Admit card||2nd week of February 2022|
|Date of TANCET 2022 exam for MBA and MCA||Last week of February 2022|
|Date of TANCET for ME/ M. Tech./ M. Arch./ M. Plan||1st week of March 2022|
|Declaration of result||2nd week of March 2022|
|Availability of Mark Sheets form||4th week of March 2022|
|Last date to download the mark sheet||2nd week of April 2022|
TANCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for TANCET 2022 are different for various courses as given below.
- MBA: Candidates must have passed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
- MCA: Aspirants must be a graduate with Mathematics as a subject in graduation or 10+2
- MCA Lateral Entry: Candidates should have completed a bachelor’s degree like BCA / BSc (CS or IT) and should have studied mathematics at 10 + 2 or Graduation level. Aspirants must have a minimum of 50% marks in the qualifying degree exam, whereas, 45% in case of reserved category candidates.
- M.E. / M.Tech. / M.Arch./ M.Plan: Those candidates who have passed a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a minimum of 50% marks (45% in case of reserved category candidates).
TANCET 2022 Application Form
The application form for TANCET 2022 will release in online mode only. Those who want to apply need to fill and submit the application form through the official website. The complete process of application form submission is explained below.
- To begin the application process, candidates have to visit the official website.
- At the time of registration, aspirants are required to provide some of their basic details such as name, mobile number, email ID, and password.
- After registration, candidates must log in and access the main application form.
- In the main application form, aspirants are required to provide their necessary educational, personal, and contact details.
- Apart from this, candidates are also required to upload scanned images of their passport size photograph, and signature.
- It is also necessary to submit the application fee at the time of submitting the application form.
- Candidates will also be able to check their application status after submitting the application form.
- It is advised to take a printout of the application form submitted and fee receipt for future references.
The application fee is different for candidates from different categories:
|Subjects||General||SC/ SCA/ ST Candidates belonging to Tamil Nadu|
|MBA||Rs. 600/-||Rs. 300/-|
|MCA||Rs. 600/-||Rs. 300/-|
|ME/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan only||Rs. 600/-||Rs. 300/-|
|MBA and MCA||Rs. 1200/-||Rs. 600/-|
|MBA & M.E/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan||Rs. 1200/-||Rs. 600/-|
|MCA & M.E/ M.Tech/ M.Arch/ M.Plan||Rs. 1200/-||Rs. 600/-|
|MBA, MCA & M.E./ M.Tech./ M.Arch./ M.Plan||Rs. 1800/-||Rs. 900/-|
Mode of payment: The application fee can be online using a credit card, debit card, or net banking.
- Once the application form submission process gets over, candidates will be able to download their hall ticket.
- To download the admit card, candidates are required to provide their registration number and password on the official TANCET website.
- Information such as Test date, time, and venue will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination centre without a hall ticket.
- All candidates should carry a photo ID proof at the time of the examination.
- It is recommended to keep the hall ticket safe even after the exam as it will be required at the time of admission.
TANCET 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of TANCET 2022 is given below.
- Mode of examination: Offline (Pen and Paper Based Test)
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of questions: 100
- Duration of examination: 2 hours
- Maximum Marks: 100 marks
- Marking Pattern: Each question will carry 1 mark
- Negative Marking: 1/3 marks will be deducted in case of an incorrect answer.
|Sections||Number of questions||Total Marks|
|Reading comprehension passages||20||20|
|Total||100 Questions||100 Marks|
The syllabus of TANCET 2022 examination is given below.
- Reading Comprehension: Fill in the blanks, Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Vocabulary, Sentence Corrections, Synonyms, Idioms, Cloze Test, One Word Substitution.
- Analysis of Business Situations: This section involves determining and analysing business situations in the form of a paragraph.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Mixtures & Allegations, Quadratic Equations, Linear Equations, Logarithms, Series and Progressions, Number System, HCF LCM, Percentages, Ratios, Averages, Simple & Compound Interest, Profit & Loss, Time Speed & Distance, Time & Work, Binomial Theorem, Surds & Indices, Functions, Inequalities, Modulus, Geometry, Mensuration, Trigonometry, Co-ordinate Geometry, Permutation & Combination, Probability, Set Theory
- General English: General English with questions on errors in usage, grammar, punctuation, etc.
- Data Sufficiency: Number Systems, Arithmetic Topics, Algebra, Data Interpretation (Pie Chart, Line Graph, Bar Graph, and Tables, etc.
TANCET 2022 Result
- The result of TANCET will release in online mode through the official website only.
- In order to check the result, candidates have to enter their Email ID and password.
- In the scorecard, information like rank, actual marks, and normalized marks, etc. will be present.
- Take a printout of the result card in online mode and keep it safe as it will be required at the time of admission.
- The cut off marks are the minimum marks that a candidate is required to score in order to clear TANCET examination.
- Cut off marks depend upon various factors such as the total number of appeared candidates, number of seats, the difficulty level of question papers, etc.
- There will be different cut-offs for various programmes. Candidates from reserved categories will get an appropriate reservation as per rules.
- In order to participate in the counselling process, candidates have to register themselves on the official website.
- It is also compulsory to pay the required counselling fee of Rs. 300/- in order to participate in the counselling process.
- During the counselling process, aspirants are required to provide their choice of colleges in which they want to study.
- The authority will also verify documents of candidates at the time of counselling. The following documents will be required at the time of counselling.
- A printed copy of the online application
- Mark sheet of 12th class or diploma
- Mark sheet of all semesters/ years of qualifying degree examinations.
- Degree/ provisional certificate
- Permanent community certificate card for BC, BCM, MBC & DNC, ST, SC and SCA
- Transfer Certificate
- TANCET 2022 mark sheet
- TANCET 2022 hall ticket
- Nativity Certificate only in electronic form / digitally signed e-certificate (If applicable)
- District Medical Board Certificate (for Differently abled Candidates only)
- Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee certificate (If applicable)
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Can a candidate from any other state than Tamil Nadu can apply for TANCET 2022?
Answer: Yes, if a candidate fulfils all other eligibility criteria then he/she can apply.
Question – 2: Is it possible to submit the TANCET application form in offline mode?
Answer: No, the application form will release in online mode only.
Question – 3: What is the validity of TANCET scores?
Answer: The TANCET score will remain valid for 1 Year.
Question – 4: Will there be any negative marking in the examination?
Answer: Yes, 1/3rd marks will be deducted in case of an incorrect answer.
Question – 5: Is TANCET 2022 exam is going to take place in cities outside Tamil Nadu?
Answer: No, this exam will take place in cities across Tamil Nadu only.