Selection of candidates for admission to class VI of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas all over the country is done on the basis of entrance test. The entrance test, known as JNVST (of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya selection Test), is conducted by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti in two phases for different states. Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria can apply for the entrance exam through online mode. Detailed information related to the JNVST 2021 such as application process, exam pattern, result, etc can be found from this article below.
The last date to apply for JNVST 2021 has been extended till 29th December 2020. Correction window will be live on 30th and 31st December 2020.
JNVST class 6 application form is now available and the exam is likely to be held on 10th April 2021.
JNVST Important Dates 2021
Check out the important dates related to JNVST 2021 in the table below:
|Availability of online application form||Available|
|Last date to submit the application form|
|Issue of admit card||To be announced (phase I)|
To be announced (phase II)
|Date of entrance test||10th April 2021 (Class 6)|
13 February 2021 (Class 9)
|Result declaration||Last week of March 2021 (phase I)|
Last week of May 2021 (phase II)
Eligibility Criteria for JNVST 2021
The eligibility criteria to appear for JNVST 2021 are provided below:
- Candidates should be studying in class V of Government/ Government aided or other recognized school or competence course of NIOS with ‘B’ certificate. The school in which the candidate is studying should be situated in the district of the JNV.
- Date of birth of the candidates should fall between 1st May 2008 and 30th April 2012 (inclusive of both dates). No age relaxation is applicable, not even for SC/ ST candidates.
JNVST Application Form 2021
The application form for JNVST 2021 will be released in online mode on the official website www.navodaya.gov.in. The candidates who meet the prescribed eligibility requirements can proceed with their application submission.
- To fill the application form, the candidates will have to provide their basic personal and academic details.
- Applicants are also required to upload scanned copy of a certificate signed by the Head Master stating that the candidate is studying in class V, photograph and category certificate in the application form.
- Signature of candidates and that of father/ guardian in scanned format should be uploaded in the application form as well.
- After carefully providing all the details as asked in the application form, the candidates can submit it online.
- In order to avoid rush at the last moment, the candidates are advised to apply without waiting for the last date of form submission.
- The applicants should take a printout of the submitted application form and keep it with them in case of future reference.
There will be no application fee for applying for JNVST 2021.
JNVST 2021 Exam Pattern
The basic overview of JNVST exam pattern 2021 is provided below:
For Class VI
- Mode of exam: OMR based
- Duration of exam: 2 hours
- Question paper language: English, Hindi & regional language
- Number of questions: 80
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 100
- Negative marking: Not applicable
|Topics||No. of questions||Total marks|
|Mental Ability Test||40||50|
Syllabus for JNVST 2021
Check out the detailed syllabus for the JNVST 2021 exam below:
- Mental Ability Test: Questions based on figures and diagrams to assess general mental functioning of the candidates will be asked.
- Arithmetic Test: Number & numeric system, Fundamental operations on whole number, fractional number, LCM & HCF, Factors & multiples, Decimals, Conversion of fractions to decimals & vice-versa, Measurement of length, mass, capacity, time, money, etc, Distance, time & speed, Approximation of expressions, Simplification of Numerical Expressions, Percentage, Profit & loss, Simple interest and Perimeter, area & volume
- Language Test: Questions to assess reading comprehension of the candidates will be asked.
JNVST Admit Card 2021
- The admit card for the JNVST will be made available online around 5 days before the exam.
- Candidates will be able to download the admit card using their application number from the official website of NVS.
- A printout of the admit card should be taken to be carried to the exam center on the day of exam.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear for the exam in the absence of a valid admit card.
- Candidates must note that admit card is an important document that should be preserved till the admission is granted.
JNVST 2021 Result
- Authorities will declare the result of the selection test on the official JNV website.
- Apart from this, the result can also be checked from the office of the concerned JNV, District Education Officer, District Magistrate and Deputy Commissioner, Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti of the region.
- SMS regarding the availability of result will also be sent on the registered mobile number of the candidates.
- Those who clear the selection test will be invited for further rounds of selection process.
- Marks obtained by candidates (both selected and not selected) in the test are not communicated.
JNVST Selection Process 2021
- Candidates invited for the admissions will have to report for the same as per the schedule communicated by the concerned JNV.
- Reporting candidates should carry with them all the important documents with them in original and photocopy.
- Documents as well as eligibility of the candidates will be verified after which they will be granted final admission.
The parents of the candidates who are provisionally selected for admission will have to submit the following documents at the time of admission for verification:
- Proof for date of birth
- Proof for eligibility as per the conditions of NVS
- For candidates seeking admission under rural quota, a certificate from the competent authority to the effect that the child had studied in a school located in a rural area
- Category certificate for SC/ ST candidates
- Medical certificate signed by Chief Medical Officer of the District concerned for PWD candidates
- Certificate with regard to gender for transgender candidates
- Residence Certificate in prescribed proforma in case of NIOS study only
- Any other documents as required
JNVST 2021 FAQs
Can I apply for admission in any JNV across the country?
No. The candidates can only apply for the JNV of the district to which they belong. In case there is no JNV in the concerned district, candidates can apply for JNV in the nearest district. In case the district where JNV is located is divided, the old boundaries of the district will be considered if no new JNV has started in the newly formed district.
How many times can a candidate appear for JNV selection test?
Only one attempt is given to the candidates for clearing the JNVST. No candidate can appear for a second time in the selection test.
How can I provide my choice for question paper language for the selection test?
The candidates will be allowed to provide their choice for question paper language at the time of filling the application form.
What should I do in case of any issue in filling the application form?
In all JNVs a help desk will be available to assist the candidates and parents with the application process
Can I get my JNVST result via post?
Yes. The result of the JNV selection test will be sent to the candidates via post on their registered mailing address.
If I am not happy with my marks, can I ask for re-evaluation?
There is no provision for re-evaluation of the answer scripts or re-totaling of marks, since the result is processed through computer and sufficient care is taken to ensure accuracy through various checks while processing the result.