JNVST is an entrance test organized by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) for selection of candidates for admission to class VI in different JNVs. Candidates or parents on their behalf can apply for the selection test through online mode. It is expected that the selection test will be conducted in the month of April 2024. Find more details about the JNVST 2024 such as application process, eligibility criteria, admit card, etc in this article below.
Latest: JNVST 2024 application form has been released now.
Table of Contents
JNVST Important Dates 2024
Check out the official dates related to JNVST 2024 class 6 below:
|Availability of online application form||Available|
|Last date to submit the application form||10th August 2024|
|Issue of admit card||To be announced later|
|Date of entrance test||To be announced later|
|Declaration of result||To be announced later|
JNVST 2024 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates who fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned below can apply for JNVST 2024:
- Only the bonafide resident candidates from the concerned district where the Vidyalaya is located are eligible.
- The candidate must not have been born before 01-05-2012 and after 30-04-2014 (both dates are inclusive).
- Those appearing for the selection test must be studying in Class V for the whole of the academic session 2023-2024.
- Candidates who have passed class V before the session 2023-24 or have repeated any class are not allowed.
- The applicant must have studied and passed classes III, IV and V from a recognized school.
JNVST Application Form 2024
To obtain the application form for JNVST 2024, the candidates or parents need to visit the official website of NVS www.navodaya.gov.in. Apart from online, no other mode to fill out or submit the application form will be provided.
- In the application form, the candidates will have to provide their personal details such as name, date of birth, gender, category, domicile, etc.
- Details about the class 5th exam such as name of the school, board name, etc will also be asked in the application form.
- Photographs and signatures of the candidates should be uploaded in the application form in scanned format.
- The duly filled application form can then be submitted online. There will be no application fee for applying for JNVST 2024.
- It is suggested that the candidates take a printout of the application form after submission and keep it safe with them for any future correspondence.
Check AISSEE 2024 Details
JNVST Exam Pattern 2024
The exam pattern overview for JNVST 2024 is provided below:
- Mode of exam: Offline mode
- Duration of exam: 2 hours
- Medium of test: English, Hindi & regional language
- Number of questions: 80
- Type of questions: Multiple-choice questions
- Total marks: 100
- Marking scheme: 1.25 marks will be given for every correct answer.
- Negative marking: Not applicable
|Subjects||No. of questions||Total marks||Duration|
|Mental Ability Test||40||50||60 minutes|
|Arithmetic Test||20||25||30 minutes|
|Language Test||20||25||30 minutes|
JNVST 2024 Admit Card
- The admit card to appear in the JNV entrance test will be uploaded on the official website.
- Candidates should take a printout of their admit card and take it to the exam center.
- No candidates will be allowed to enter the examination hall without a valid admit card.
- Important details of the exam like date, time and venue will be mentioned on the admit card.
- Damaged or mutilated admit card will not be considered as valid and therefore candidates are suggested to keep their admit card safe.
JNVST Result 2024
- Candidates can get the result from the admission portal tentatively from the month of June 2024.
- The result will also be displayed in the offices of the concerned Vidyalayas, District Education Officer, District Magistrate, and Deputy Commissioner.
- In addition to this, the Principal of concerned JNVs will also inform the selected students via SMS on the registered mobile and a speed post.
JNVST Admission Process 2024
- Candidates who clear the entrance test are eligible for provisional admission subject to verification of documents.
- Such candidates will be asked to report to the respective Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya with all important documents in original and photocopy.
- After successful verification of documents and eligibility of candidates, final admission will be granted.
The following documents should be produced at the time of reporting for the admission:
- Proof for date of birth
- Proof for eligibility as per the conditions of NVS
- Medical fitness certificate
- Residence certificate
- Category certificate for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates
- Disability certificate for PWD candidates
- Certificate with regard to rural quota, for rural candidates
- Certificate with regard to gender, for transgender candidates
- Undertaking for migration
- Certificate by the Head Master of the school regarding study details
Frequently Asked Questions
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here