CG PET 2022 application form has been released on 14th April 2022 through online mode. Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board (CGPEB) conducts Chhattisgarh Pre-Engineering Test (CG PET) for admission to several engineering courses in the field of engineering, dairy technology, and agricultural technology. Those interested candidates who want to apply need to fill and submit the application form before the last date that may fall in the last week of May 2022. In this post, we are going to provide all the necessary details related to the CG PET 2022 examination.
Latest: CG PET 2022 application form is now available.
CG PET 2022 entrance exam will be held on 22nd May 2022.
Table of Contents
CG PET 2022 Overview
|Name of the exam||CG PET|
|Full Form||Chhattisgarh Pre-Engineering Tes|
|Exam Conducting Authority||Chhattisgarh Professional Examination Board (CGPEB)|
|Mode of Application||Online|
CG PET 2022 Important Dates
The official dates related to the CG PET 2022 examination are as follows
|Main Events||Official Dates|
|Starting of the application form submission||14th April 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form||3rd May 2022|
|Reopening of application form submission||To be announced|
|Correction window||To be announced|
|Availability of admit card||To be announced|
|Date of entrance exam||22nd May 2022|
|Declaration of result||To be announced|
CG PET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
It is important for all candidates to check eligibility criteria before filling the application form. The eligibility criteria for CG PET 2022 are explained below –
- The candidate should be a citizen of India.
- Candidates applying for the exam should also have a state domicile.
- As of 1st July 2022, the upper age limit for candidates of different categories are given below-
- General Category – 30 Years
- PWD (General Category)- 35 Years
- SC/ ST/ OBC/ Female of Chhattisgarh – 33 Years
- PWD (SC/ ST/ OBC/ Female of Chhattisgarh) – 38 Years
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination from the Chhattisgarh board or any other recognized board.
- Candidates should have passed the qualifying exam with Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry and any one of the technical vocational/ Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ computer science/ IT/ Information practice/ Agriculture/ engineering graphics/ Business studies.
- General category students should have scored at least 45% marks in the qualifying exam. SC/ ST/ OBC/ PH candidates can apply even with 40% marks.
- For admission to agricultural engineering/ dairy technology, candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English as compulsory subjects with a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC, ST, and OBC candidates).
CG PET 2022 Application form
Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the Chhattisgarh pre-engineering entrance exam in online mode. Those who wish to apply may access the application form through the official website i.e. cgvyapam.cgstate.gov.in. The complete process of application is explained below-
- The first step of the application process is to register on the official website.
- During registration, it is mandatory to provide some important basic information like name, email address, and phone number.
- After that, candidates may log in and fill the main application form.
- In the main application form, aspirants must provide their educational, personal and contact details.
- It is also necessary to choose the examination centre while filling the application form.
- Along with the details, candidates must upload the images of their passport size photograph and signature.
- Make sure you enter details accurately because incorrect applications will be rejected.
- It is compulsory to pay the application fee while submitting an application form.
- It is advised that candidates should take a print out of the application form submitted for future requirements.
The application is different for candidates of various categories as shown below-
- General category – Rs. 200/-
- OBC category – Rs. 150/-
- SC/ ST/ PWD category – Rs. 100/-
Mode of payment
- The application fee can be paid in online mode using a credit card/ debit card or net banking.
- Alternatively, candidates can also pay the application fee offline through the SBI bank challan.
CG PET 2022 Admit Card
- Once the application form submission gets over, candidates may download their admit cards through the official website of CG vyapam.
- To download the admit card, it is necessary to provide your application and password.
- The information related to the examination centre and timing will be mentioned on the admit card.
- It is necessary to carry one photo ID proof along with the admit card at the time of exam.
- No candidate will be allowed to take the exam without the admit card.
CG PET 2022 Exam Pattern
Candidates preparing for the exam must know and understand the exam pattern given below-
- Mode of examination: Offline OMR Sheet based exam
- Type of Questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of questions: 150
- Duration of exam: 3 hours
- Maximum Marks: 150
- Marking pattern: Each question will carry 1 Mark
- Negative marking: 0.25 marks will be deductive in case of an incorrect answer
Subject wise exam pattern
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
|Total||150 Questions||150 Marks|
CG PET 2022 Syllabus
The general subject-wise syllabus for CG PET 2022 examination is given below.
- Physics: Measurement, Kinematics, Rotational motion & moment of inertia, Work energy & power, Gravitation, Properties of solid & fluids, Oscillation, Waves, Force & laws of motion, Light, Magnetism, Electrostatics, Current electricity, Heat & thermodynamics, Effect of electric current, Electron, photon & radioactivity, Electromagnetic induction & alternating current and Semiconductor.
- Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Co-Ordinate Geometry Of Two Dimensions, Co-Ordinate Geometry Of Three Dimensions, Vector Algebra, Differential Calculus, Integral Calculus, Differential Equations, Statistics, Numerical Methods, Information Technology.
- Chemistry: Atomic Structure, Chemical Bond, Solutions, Solid State, Nuclear Chemistry, Chemical Equilibrium, Ionic Equilibrium, Thermochemistry And Thermodynamics, Chemical Kinetics:, Electrochemistry, Surface Chemistry, Principles Of Metallurgical Operations, Comparative Study of Elements, Chemical Periodicity, Co-Ordination Compound, Organic Compounds Based On Functional Group Containing Nitrogen, Organic Compounds Containing Organic Oxygen, Biomolecules, Chemistry In Daily Life, Chemistry Of Hydro Carbon, etc.
CG PET 2022 Answer Key
- The answer key will be made available a few days after the examination.
- Answer keys will be published on the official website of the exam conducted body.
- Through answer keys, candidates can get a rough idea of the number of marks they are going to score.
- Candidates will also get a facility to challenge the answer key in case they are not satisfied with the same.
CG PET Result 2022
- The result of the CG PET examination will be declared in online mode only.
- Candidates have to provide their login details in order to check the result.
- Information such as marks/ score and rank obtained by candidates in the entrance exam will be mentioned on the admit card.
- Candidates must download and take a print out the result for future requirements.
CG PET Cut Off
- It is compulsory for all candidates in order to score more than cut off marks in order to get shortlisted for admission.
- The cut-off marks depend upon various factors such as difficulty level of the exam, number of students appeared, number of seats offered, etc.
- Please note that there will be different cut off marks for candidates of different categories.
CG PET 2022 Counselling
- In order to confirm their admission, candidates have to participate in the counselling process.
- There will be different counselling process of JEE Main and CG PET qualified candidates.
- To participate in the counselling process, candidates are required to register online.
- During the process of counselling, aspirants will be asked to provide the choice of engineering branch they want to study.
- Document verification will also place during counselling. So, candidates must carry their original documents.
Documents Required for Counselling
Candidates must carry the following documents in original at the time of verification.
- Class 10th and 12th Mark sheet
- Certificate of Class 10th and 12th
- Leaving Certificate and Character certificate from the school
- Original Caste Certificate for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates
- Medical Certificate should be presented if the candidate is Physically Challenged (PC)
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Original e- Admit Card, Counselling letter from ICAR
- Domicile certificate.
- Three Domicile Certificate
- Authority letter/undertaking in the prescribed format
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Will there be negative marking in CG PET 2022?
Answer: Yes, 0.25 marks will be deducted in case of an incorrect answer.
Question – 2: Is the application fee refundable?
Answer: No, the application fee once submitted will not be refunded.
Question – 3: Is it an All-India level examination?
Answer: No, it is a state-level examination to be conducted at around 27 exam centre across the state of Chhattisgarh.
Question – 4: Will I get the admit card by post after submitting the application form online?
Answer: No, the admit card will not be sent by post or any other offline medium.