CENTAC is a joint counselling process that is organized to choose the candidates for admission to all diploma, Undergraduate, and Postgraduate courses in the Union Territory of Puducherry. This counselling process is managed by the Centralized Admission Committee (CAC), Puducherry. In this process, a large number of government and private colleges of Puducherry will take part. Those candidates who are looking to get admission through the CENTAC 2023 counselling need to apply in online mode. Please note that application forms for different courses are released on different dates. Aspirants can find all the necessary details regarding CENTAC 2023 through this post.
Latest: The Last date to apply for CENTAC 2023 has been extended till 13th June 2023.
Table of Contents
CENTAC 2023 Important Dates
|Date of releasing application form||18th May 2023|
|Application form submission deadline||13th June 2023|
|Merit list||June 2023|
CENTAC 2023 Eligibility Criteria
Interested candidates who are seeking admission through the CENTAC 2023 should check out the eligibility norms given below.
- The age of candidates who are looking for admission into MBBS/ BDS/ BAMS/ B.Sc/ B.V.Sc./ BPT courses should be more than 17 years.
- Those who are looking for admission into BPT and B.V.Sc. courses must be less than 25 years.
- Applicants seeking admission into B.Tech course must not be older than 21 years as on 31st December 2023.
- Please note that there isn’t any upper or lower age limit for admission into LLB/ BA LLB/ B.Pharm/ B.Tech (Lateral Entry) courses.
The education qualification to be fulfilled depends upon the course in which the candidate is looking for admission.
- MBBS or BDS: 12th pass with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in PCB (physics, chemistry, biology/ biotechnology). 40% for OBC/ MBC/ BCM/ BT/ EBC/ SC/ ST candidates.
- BAMS: 12th pass with Physics, Biology, Chemistry, and English Subjects. Aspirants need to have a minimum of 50% marks (45% for OBC/ BCM/ MBC/ EBC/ OPH and 40% marks for SC/ST/BT candidates)
- B.V.Sc. & AH: passed 10+2 with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/ Zoology/ Botany.
- BA (History, Economics, Philosophy, Tamil, English, French, Social work, Sociology): Cleared 10+2 or equivalent examination from a recognised board.
- B.Sc. (Bio-technology, Applied Microbiology): 10+2 or equivalent pass with Botany/ Biology/ Zoology as one of the subjects.
- B.Com (General, Co-operative Management, Corporative Management, Corporate Secretaryship): 10+2 or equivalent pass with Commerce/ accountancy as one of the subjects.
- BBA (General): H.Sc. (10+2) or equivalent with Commerce/ Mathematics/ Business Mathematics as one of the subjects.
- BCA: passed 10+2 or equivalent with Business Mathematics/ Mathematics/ Computer Application/ Computer Science as one of the subjects.
CENTAC 2023 Application Form
The application process of CENTAC 2023 will take place in online mode only. All the details regarding the application process are explained below.
- To begin the application process, candidates are required to visit the official website.
- Then, in the next step, aspirants need to enter their accurate personal, contact, and educational details.
- Details that you enter in the application form should be authentic otherwise the candidature might get rejected.
- Along with the details, applicants must upload the scanned images of their latest passport size photograph and signature.
- In addition to the photograph and signature, candidates must upload the following documents on the official portal.
- Regional Reservation Certificate (Applicable only for Professional Under Graduate and Diploma Courses)
- Certificate in support of the claim for reservation under different categories, viz., Community / Persons with Disability / Freedom Fighter / Ex-serviceman / Meritorious Sports Persons. (For Claiming Reservation benefit)
- Rural Certificate (only Rural Government Colleges will be considered)
- Residence Certificate (applicable for the govt. quota seats)
- Mark Sheet of the Qualifying Examination
- It is advised to keep the printouts of the application form submitted safely for future references.
The application fees that need to be paid for different courses are as follows.
|SC/ ST candidates||All other candidates|
|For all professional courses (UG and PG)||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 1000/-|
|For PG courses||Rs. 200/-||Rs. 400/-|
|All other courses||Rs. 150/-||Rs. 300/-|
Mode of Payment: The application fee must be paid in online mode using a credit card/ debit card or internet banking.
CENTAC 2023 Merit List and Counselling Process
- After the application form submission process gets over, authorities will publish the CENTAC merit list 2023 in online mode through the official website.
- Those candidates who will get their names in the merit list will be invited to take part in the counselling process.
- During counselling, applicants have to choose colleges and courses according to their preferences.
- In the counselling process, authorities will also verify the documents. That’s why applicants must bring their original documents while reporting for the counselling.
- After allotment of seats, aspirants need to report to the concerned college to complete the rest of the admission formalities.
Frequently Asked Questions
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here