BITSAT 2022 Application Form will release in the 4th week of February 2022 through online mode. Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani will release the official notification for BITSAT 2022. It is an online entrance exam conducted in order to select interested candidates for admission to BE, B.Pharma, and M.Sc. program at three campuses of BITS at Pilani, Goa, and Hyderabad. The complete application process will take place in online mode only. All candidates must ensure that they are eligible before applying. All the necessary details related to the BITSAT 2022 exam are given in this post.
BITSAT 2022 Overview
|Name of the exam||BITSAT 2022|
|Full Form||Birla Institute of Technology & Science Admission Test (BITSAT)|
|Exam Conducting Authority||BITS Pilani|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Courses||Integrated First Degree programmes of BITS Pilani at Pilani Campus, K. K. Birla Goa Campus and Hyderabad Campus|
BITSAT 2022 Important Dates
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online registration||4th week of February 2022|
|Last date to register in online mode||2nd week of May 2022|
|Availability of correction window to fix errors in the application form||4th week of June 2022|
|Allotment of test cities||1st week of July 2022|
|BITSAT Slot Booking||2nd week of September 2022|
|Availability of Admit Card||2nd week of September 2022 to 4th week of September 2022|
|Date of examination||2nd week of September 2022 to 4th week of September 2022|
|Result declaration||2nd week of September 2022 to 4th week of September 2022|
BITSAT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
It is the duty of a candidate to make sure that they are eligible before filling the application form. The eligibility criteria for different courses are as follows.
All first degree programmes at BITS except B.Pharm (Hons.)
- Candidates must have passed the 12th class examination from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Apart from this, candidates also need to have adequate proficiency in English.
- Applicants should have a minimum of 75% marks in PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics). It is also necessary to have at least 60% marks in each physics, chemistry, and mathematics subjects.
- Aspirants should have passed the class 12th or equivalent examination from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology subjects. Aspirants also need to have adequate proficiency in English.
- Candidates with PCMB subject group are also eligible to apply for B.Pharm (Hons)
- It is compulsory for the candidates to have a minimum of 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (and Maths, if they are PCMB students) subjects. Candidates must have at least 60% marks in each physics, chemistry, Biology and mathematics subjects.
Important points regarding eligibility
- Only those candidates are eligible to apply who will appear for the class 12th or equivalent exam either in 2021 or 2022.
- If a candidate has taken more than one attempt to clear the class 12th exam then his/ her latest performance will be considered.
- Those students who are currently studying at any of the BITS campuses are not eligible.
BITSAT 2022 Application Form
The registration process of the BITSAT examination will take place in online mode through the official website only. Given below are the complete details related to the application process.
- To start the application process, aspirants have to register themselves by providing some of their basic details including name, date of birth, gender, email ID, etc. on the official website i.e. www.bitsadmission.com
- Next, the candidates have to sign-in by entering their login credentials generated at time of the registration.
- Then, aspirants have to provide their complete educational, personal, and contact details. A few of the details that you need to enter are as follows.
- Educational Details – Year of passing the qualifying exam, Name of the qualifying exam, Marks secured, name of the school, etc.
- Personal Details – Name, Date of birth, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, etc.
- Contact details – Phone number, Email Address, Address of Correspondence, Permanent Address, etc.
- Apart from the details, candidates have to upload the scanned images of their photograph and signature.
- After filling all the details in the application form, aspirants also need to pay the application fee.
- It is recommended to take a printout of the application form submitted for future requirements.
- To help candidates fix the errors, authorities will also provide BITS application form correction window.
The application fee is different for various candidates as given below.
- For Male candidates: Rs. 3400/-
- For Female candidates: Rs. 2900/-
- For Dubai Exam Centre: Rs. 7000/-
Mode of payment: The application fee can be paid in online mode using a credit card, debit card, and net banking/ UPI.
BITSAT 2022 Admit Card
- The admit card of the BITSAT 2022 examination will be made available in online mode only through the official website.
- Aspirants will be able to download the hall ticket by providing their application number .
- The admit card will consist of very important information like date, time, and venue of the examination.
- No candidate will be permitted to enter the examination hall and take the examination without an admit card.
- It is recommended to carry a photo ID proof along with the admit card in order to take the examination.
- We recommend candidates to keep the admit card safely even after the exam as it might be required at the time of the admission.
BITSAT Exam Pattern 2022
Those interested candidates who are looking to appear the examination must check out the exam pattern explained below.
- Mode of examination: Online (Computer Based Test)
- Type of questions: Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of questions: 150
- Medium of Exam: English
- Maximum Marks: 450
- Marking Pattern: Each question will carry 3 marks.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted in case of an incorrect answer
|Sections||Number of questions||Maximum Marks|
|Total||120 questions||450 marks|
BITSAT 2022 Syllabus
The syllabus of BITSAT 2022 is quite vast. However, interested candidates may check out the important topics as given below.
- Physics: Units & Measurement, Kinematics, Newton’s Laws of Motion, Impulse and Momentum, Work and Energy, Rotational Motion, Gravitation, Mechanics of Solids and Fluids, Oscillations, Waves, Heat and Thermodynamics, Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effect of Current, Electromagnetic Induction, Optics, Modern Physics, Electronic Devices, etc.
- Chemistry: States of Matter, Atomic Structure, Periodicity, Thermodynamics, Physical and Chemical Equilibria, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Hydrogen and s-block Elements, p, d, and f-block elements, Principles of Organic Chemistry and Hydrocarbons, Stereochemistry, Organic Compounds with Functional Groups Containing Oxygen and Nitrogen, Biological , Industrial and Environmental chemistry, Theoretical Principles of Experimental Chemistry,
- English: Grammar, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension, Composition, etc.
- Reasoning: Verbal reasoning, and non-verbal reasoning.
- Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Two-dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Three dimensional Coordinate Geometry, Differential calculus, Integral calculus, Ordinary Differential Equations, Probability, Vectors, Statistics, Linear Programming, Mathematical modelling
BITSAT 2022 Answer Key
- After the examination, the BITSAT answer keys will be made available on the official website.
- The aim of releasing answer keys is to enable the candidate to match their answers with the correct ones.
- Aspirants will also be allowed to subject an objection against the incorrect answer keys.
- Final answer keys will also be released after considering all the objections submitted.
BITSAT 2022 Result
- The result of the BITSAT 2022 examination will release in online mode through the official website only.
- In order to check the result, aspirants have to provide their application number, password, and security pin.
- The score card consists of information like total marks secured by candidates along with the number of correct and incorrect answers.
- The institute will also release the list of candidates selected for admission based on the marks scored by them in the examination.
BITSAT 2022 Cut off
- Those candidates who will appear for the exam and score more than cut off marks will get their names in the merit list.
- Based on the marks secured in the exam, the institute will release the Admit list and wait list.
- Aspirants who met BITSAT cut off will get their names on the Admit list.
- Candidates missing the cut off by a few marks may get their names on the BITS wait list. Applicants getting their names on this list may get admission in case any seat remains vacant.
BITSAT Counselling 2022
- Candidates selected for admission based on the BITSAT admit list will be invited to participate in the counselling process.
- In order to participate in the counselling, aspirants have to pay the required counselling fee.
- All the formalities of admission such as document verification will take place during counselling.
- Admission will be finalized only after the verification of documents and payment of admission fee.
- The following documents will be required at the time of the counselling.
- 10th class Mark sheet
- 10th class Certificate
- 12th class mark sheet
- 12th class Certificate
- BITSAT score card 2022
- BITSAT Counselling Letter 2022
- Passport size photograph
- Residence Proof
- Photo ID Proof
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Can I pay the application fee for BITSAT 2022 in offline mode?
Answer: No, the application fee can be paid in online mode using a credit card, debit card, and internet banking.
Question – 2: Is there any negative marking in the BITSAT 2022 examination?
Answer: Yes, one mark will be deducted in case of an incorrect answer.
Question – 3: I have passed the class 12th examination in 2020. Am I eligible for BITSAT 2022?
Answer: No, candidates who clear the class 12th examination in the year 2021 and 2022 are eligible.
Question – 4: What is the application fee for the BITSAT exam?
Answer: The application fees for the BITSAT 2022 are as follows.
- Male candidates: Rs. 3400/-
- Female candidates: Rs. 2900/-
- For Dubai Exam Centre: Rs. 7000/-
Question -5: What is the deadline to apply for BITSAT exam?
Answer: The deadline to apply for BITSAT exam may fall in May 2022.