BITS, Pilani will be conducting BITSAT 2021 for admission to integrated first-degree programmes of BITS Pilani at Pilani campus, K.K Birla Goa campus and Hyderabad campus. Interested candidates can apply for the entrance test by filling the online application form. The application form has been released on 23rd February 2021. Candidates need to ensure that they fit the eligibility requirements for appearing in the exam. The exam will be held in online mode and candidates will be given a total of three hours to complete the test. There will be negative marking in case the candidates choose incorrect answers.
BITSAT 2021 is scheduled to be held on August 3 to 6 2021.
BITSAT 2021 application form is available from 23rd February 2021.
BITSAT 2021 Main Highlights
- Candidates can apply for BITSAT only via online mode. No printed applications shall be considered for submission.
- To register for the exam, candidates must have a valid email id and mobile number. The authority will also communicate to them through these mediums in the future.
- Admission will purely be given on the basis of merit which will be based on the scores obtained by the candidates in the exam.
- There is a provision of extra questions (a maximum of 12) serving as a chance to highly meritorious candidates to score higher.
BITSAT 2021 Important dates
The official dates for BITSAT 2021 exam are mentioned in the table given below-
|Releasing of the application form||23rd February 2021|
|Deadline for form submission|
|Test center allotment and announcement to candidates||—|
|Test date and slot booking||—|
|Hall tickets downloading||—|
|Exam date||August 3 to 6 2021|
|Admit list and wait list announcement||—|
BITSAT 2021 Eligibility criteria
Candidates need to ensure that they satisfy the eligibility conditions set by the authority in order to appear in the BITSAT 2021 exam-
- For admission to any first degree programme except B.Pharma: Applicants should have passed class 12th examination from a recognized board or its equivalent with physics, chemistry and mathematics and adequate proficiency in English.
- B.Pharma: Applicants should have passed class 12th exam from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and biology as subject and adequate proficiency in English. Candidates with PCM subject group can also apply for B.Pharma course.
Percentage required: Candidates should have scored minimum of 75% marks in aggregate in PCM/PCB subjects in class 12th exam with 60% aggregate marks in each of the given subjects.
Note: Candidates appearing in class 12th in 2021 or those who have passed class 12th in 2020 are also eligible to apply.
BITSAT 2021 Application form
To apply for BITSAT 2021, candidates need to register themselves on the official website of BITSAT i.e. www.bitsadmission.com. The password they will use to register shall further be used for accessing the test. Candidates will be required to upload their scanned photograph and signature in the online form. The form will ask for details such as- name, gender, date of birth, category, address, educational details among others.
The details entered by the candidates should be correct and match their records. If at any stage, the information given by them is found to be incorrect, then such candidates will be disqualified from taking the exam. Candidates need to pay the required sum of application fee for the exam failing which their applications will get rejected by the authority.
Male candidates need to pay Rs. 3150/- as the application fee. Whereas, female applicants are required to pay Rs. 2650/-. The fee is non-refundable and non-transferable. Candidates both male and female choosing Dubai as the test center shall need to pay US $80 (Rs. 5600/-) for the exam. The payment of the stated application fee can be done through online mode i.e. using credit card, debit card and net banking.
BITSAT 2021 Exam pattern
The exam pattern of BITSAT 2021 is provided below-
- Exam mode: Online
- Duration: 3 hours
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Language: English
- Marking scheme: Each correct answer will fetch 3 marks
- Negative marking: 1 mark will be deducted as a penalty for incorrect answer.
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum marks|
- If a candidate answers all the 150 questions (without skipping any question), the candidate will have an option of attempting 12 (twelve) extra questions, if there is still time left.
- Once the candidate has opted for extra questions, he/she cannot go back for correction of any of the earlier answered 150 questions.
BITSAT 2021 Syllabus
The BITSAT 2021 test will be conducted on the basis of NCERT syllabus for 11th and 12th class. Here’s the topic belongs to BITSAT syllabus the candidates need to study to prepare for the exam-
- Physics: Units and measurement, kinematics, Newton’s laws of motion, impulse and momentum, work and energy, rotational motion, gravitation, mechanics of solids and fluids, oscillations, waves, heat and thermodynamics, electrostatics, etc.
- Chemistry: Atomic structure, states of matter, chemical bonding and molecular structure, thermodynamics, physical and chemical Equilibria, hydrogen and s-block elements, chemical kinetics, surface chemistry, etc.
- Mathematics: Algebra, trigonometry, 2D coordinate geometry, 3D coordinate geometry, differential calculus, integral calculus, ordinary differential equations, probability.
- English proficiency: Grammar, vocabulary, reading comprehension, composition.
- Logical reasoning: Analogy, classification, series completion, logical deduction, chart logic, pattern perception, figure matrix, figure formation and analysis, rule detection.
BITSAT 2021 Admit card
- The admit card of BITSAT 2021 can be downloaded from the official website of BITSAT. No admit card shall be sent to the candidates by post or any other means.
- Applicants need to check the details printed on the hall ticket and report the inconsistencies if any are found.
- It is mandatory for the candidates to carry the admit card to the exam hall along with a valid id proof.
- Without the admit card and Id proof, they won’t be allowed to appear in the test.
BITSAT 2021 Result
- After the completion of the test, the computer will announce the result to the candidate in terms of number of total correct answers and wrong answers, with the score.
- Applicants can also check their score report at the BITS admission website on the next day of the test date.
- A merit list will be prepared by the authority to shortlist the candidates for admission. The list will be based on the performance of the candidates in the exam.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ques 01: I can’t access BITSAT online application form. Will you please send it through email/post?
Ans: It’s not possible to send application form by email/post. If you are getting any particular error while accessing online application form then please write it to [email protected]. Alternatively, you can call 022-61306284 Monday through Friday in between 9.00am to 6.00pm.
Ques 02: I have studied Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in 10+2. Can I apply for BITSAT?
Ans: You can write BITSAT even with having PCB in 10+2 but you’ll be only eligible for admission into B.Pharm programme.
Ques 03: Due to connection error, I have made multiple payments to single application. How will I get the refund?
Ans: Don’t worry, the institute will refund the extra amount paid. However, you have to provide your bank details in order to get the claim.
Ques 04: I cleared 12th in 2020 but with less than 75% aggregate in PCM. Am I eligible if I reappear in few subjects to get 75% marks?
Ans: No, you have to appear in class 12th exam for all subjects again. Appearing in PCB/PCM doesn’t make you eligible.
Ques 05: Is there different application procedure for NRIs?
Ans: No, there is no separate application procedure for NRIs. However, they need to apply under International Students admissions scheme.
Ques 06: Are there any other universities accepting BITSAT score for admission?
Ans: Yes, NIIT university offer admission based on BITSAT score.