There are many students who are interested in Arts and Crafts from a very young age. Such students can opt for Visual Arts courses after class 12th. It is advised that you should pursue Visual Arts courses only if you have a prior interest. In this post, we are providing all the necessary details related to the Visual Arts Admission 2023.
Table of Contents
Visual Arts Course Highlight
Those candidates who are looking for a bachelor’s degree in Visual Arts may check the important details related to the course given in the table below.
|Level of the course||Undergraduate (Bachelor’s degree course)|
|Duration of the course||3 years|
|Eligibility Criteria||Candidates must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with a minimum of 45% and 55% marks|
|Admission Criteria||Admissions are provided either on the basis of an entrance exam or 10+2 merit list|
|Average Course Fees||Rs. 30000/- to Rs. 3 Lakhs per annum|
|Popular Entrance Exams||BHU BA Entrance Test, JMI BA Entrance Test, DU BA Entrance Test, College of Arts BA Entrance Test, Sir J.J Institute of Applied Arts BA Entrance Test, BHU BA Entrance Test, etc.|
|Top Job Profiles||Aerial Photographer, Cartoonist, Visual Designer, Film-maker, Animator, Graphic Designer, Museum Artist, etc.|
|Average Salary for Fresher||Rs. 2 lakh per annum to Rs. 5 lakh per annum|
|Top Recruitment Fields/ Area||Interior Design Departments, Art Studios, Museums & Galleries, Libraries, Advertising Agencies, Film Industry, Educational Institutes, Art Councils, Hospitals, etc.|
Introduction to Visual Arts
Visual art is a field in which we study various details of the painting, applied arts, photography, animation, stage management, television production, and Creative writing, etc. There are many courses available in this field such as B. A (Visual Arts) or BVA (Bachelor of Visual Arts). However, candidates must have some skills in order to pursue a course in the field of Visual Arts. Some of these skills are as follows – Creativity, Visualisation skills, Passion for arts, innovation, artistic ability, critical thinking ability, observant, imaginative skills, Ability to concentrate, and focus.
Eligibility Criteria for Bachelor of Visual Arts Admission
Those candidates who are looking to apply for this course must ensure that they meet the required eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria for admission to the Bachelor of Visual Arts are as follows.
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or another equivalent examination in any stream.
- It is necessary for aspirants to score at least 50% mark at 10+2 or equivalent level. 45% for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates.
- Applicants also need to have basic knowledge and understanding of arts and its interpretation.
Note: The eligibility criteria mentioned above are applicable to some of the popular colleges. A few colleges may have their additional eligibility criteria.
Related: Courses after 12th
Visual Arts Entrance Exam 2023
- Most of the institutes will offer admission on the basis of the Visual Arts entrance exam 2023.
- A few colleges will provide admission based on the candidate’s performance in the 10+2 exam.
- Some of the most popular entrance examination for admission to BA in visual arts are as follows
- BHU (Banaras Hindu University) BA Entrance Exam
- JNU (Jawaharlal Nehru University) BA Entrance Exam
- DU (Delhi University) BA Entrance Exam
- Sir J.J Institute of Applied Arts BA Entrance Test.
- College of Art BA Entrance Exam
- JMI (Jamia Millia Islamia) BA Entrance Test
Career Prospects in Visual Arts
After completing a bachelor’s degree course in Visual Arts, you may opt for a higher degree course such as an MA in Visual Arts, or M.Phil/ Ph.D. to pursue research in the field of Visual Arts. Apart from this, you can opt for jobs after completing a bachelor’s degree course in Visual Arts. A candidate can work in the following fields if he/ she good Visual Arts skills – product design, manufacturing department, magazines, art studios, advertising companies, publishing houses, television, graphic arts, and theatre productions.
Some of the lucrative job profiles in the field of Visual Arts are as follows.
|Job Profile||Job Description/ responsibility||Average Salary|
|Cartoonist||In case you are skilled enough then you can work as a cartoonist for magazine and newspapers||Rs. 2.5 lakh to Rs. 7 lakh per annum|
|Visual Designer||The job responsibility of a visual designer is to create and promote projects by developing high-quality arts and designs||Rs. 2 lakhs to Rs. 7 lakhs per annum.|
|Graphic Artist||A graphic artist is the one who designs layout of arts and arrange design to showcase required information||Rs. 3 lakhs to Rs. 6 lakh per annum.|
|Teacher||If you want then you can also be a teacher and share your knowledge. There are many institutes and colleges that hire candidates as visual art teachers.||Rs. 2 lakh to Rs. 5 lakh per annum.|
|Aerial Photographer||The duty of an aerial photographer involves capturing images from Air using drones and other mediums||Rs. 2.5 lakh to Rs. 8 lakh per annum.|
Top Colleges for Admission to Visual Arts Courses
Some of the best institutes in India that offer admission to a Bachelor degree course in India are as follows.
- Gargi College – Delhi University
- Hindu College – Delhi University
- Ramjas College – Delhi University
- Hansraj College – Delhi University
- Kamla Nehru College for Women (KMC) – Delhi University
- Jesus and Mary College (JMC) – Delhi University
- Miranda College – Delhi University
- Delhi College of Arts and Commerce (DCAC)
- Christ University – Bangalore
- St. Xavier’s College – Ahmedabad
- St. Xavier’s College – Kolkata
- Fergusson College – Pune
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women – Delhi University
- Faculty of Visual Arts, Banaras Hindu University – BHU
- Faculty of Music & Fine Arts, University of Delhi (DU)
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Can I get admission without appearing for an entrance exam?
Answer: Yes, there are many colleges that offer admission based on class 12th merit list.
Question – 2: What is the duration of a BA in Visual Arts?
Answer: The duration of this course is 3 years.
Question – 3: What are the top job profiles for Visual Arts candidates?
Answer: Given below are some of the top profiles for Visual Arts candidates.
- Art Director
- Visual Artist
- Art Conservator
- Visual Designer
- Art Critic
- Graphic Designer
Question – 4: Can you name some good government college for admission to BA in Visual Arts?
Answer: Some of the good government colleges for BA in visual arts are as follows.
- Institute of Mass Communication Film and Television Studies
- Ramjas College – Delhi University
- Rabindra Bharati University – RBU
- Directorate of Distance Education, Kurukshetra University
- College of Arts, University of Delhi
- University of Hyderabad
- UOU – Uttarakhand Open University
- Gujarat Forensic Sciences University
- Banaras Hindu University
- College of Fine Arts, Hyderabad
- Vivekananda College, Delhi
1 thought on “Visual Arts Admission 2023: Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Career”
how would we get admission in applied arts university?