The candidates who wish to pursue their B.Ed degree programme from the institutes of Uttar Pradesh need to clear the entrance exam UP B.Ed JEE 2023. The exam is expecting to be held in the month of May 2023. Interested and eligible candidates need to apply online for the exam. The application form is most likely to release in February 2023. Candidates who submit their applications in time will be able to download their admit card and appear for the exam.
Table of Contents
UP B.Ed JEE 2023 Overview
|Exam Name||UP B.Ed JEE 2023|
|Full Form||Uttar Pradesh Bachelor of Education Joint Entrance Examination 2023|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Type of questions||Objective type questions|
UP B.Ed JEE 2023 Important Dates
Check out the official dates related to UP B.Ed JEE 2023 from the table below:
|Date of official notification||February 2023|
|Availability of online application form||February 2023|
|Last date to apply online||March 2023
|Last date of payment of application fee with a late fee||March 2023|
|Issue of e-admit card||May 2023|
|Date of entrance exam||May 2023|
|Result announcement||June 2023|
|Beginning of online counseling||June 2023|
|Classes will start from||July 2023|
UP B.Ed JEE 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The following eligibility criteria should be fulfilled by the candidates to appear for UP B.Ed JEE 2023:
- The minimum age of applicant should be 14 years.
- A bachelor’s and/ or master’s degree in Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Commerce/ Humanity with at least 50% marks in aggregate is required.
- Candidates with a BE/ B.Tech degree with specialization in Science and Mathematics with a minimum aggregate of 55% marks can apply too.
- For candidates belonging to the SC/ ST category, only passing marks is required in the qualifying exam.
- For B.Ed Shiksha Shastri, a pass in 3-year Shastri degree exam or any other bachelor’s degree with Sanskrit as a subject from a recognized university is required.
UP B.Ed JEE 2023 Application Form
Candidates will be able to apply online for the UP B.Ed JEE 2023 by visiting the official website of Lucknow University www.lkouniv.ac.in. Candidates who meet the prescribed eligibility criteria can proceed with the submission of the application form.
- The first step towards the application process will be filling of the online registration form.
- To fill the registration form, the candidates need to provide their name, father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, email, mobile number, etc.
- OTP will be sent to registered phone number and verification email to the registered email address.
- After successful verification, registration will be completed. The candidates can then move forward towards filling of application form.
- To fill the application form, rest personal and educational details of the candidates will be required.
- Photograph, signature and other important documents of the candidates in scanned format should also be uploaded into the form.
- The duly filled application form can then be submitted online along with the prescribed application fee.
- After successful submission, a printout of the application form should be taken and kept safe for future reference.
The category-wise application fee structure for UP B.Ed JEE is provided below:
|Category||Application fee||Application fee with late fee|
|General/ OBC candidates of the UP state||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 2000/-|
|SC/ ST candidates of the UP state||Rs. 750/-||Rs. 1000/-|
|Other state candidates||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 2000/-|
Mode of payment:
- Application fee payment can be done through online gateway using internet banking/ debit card/ credit card.
- A transaction id will be generated after the fee payment that should be kept safe by the candidates for future reference.
The following documents (self-attested photocopies) should be uploaded into the application form in scanned format:
- Photograph of the candidate
- Signature of the candidate
- Index finger impression (both) of the candidate
- Identity proof
- Community certificate (for SC/ ST/ OBC candidates)
- EWS certificate, if applicable
UP B.Ed Exam Pattern
The basic overview of UP B.Ed JEE Exam Pattern 2023 is given below:
- Number of papers: 2
- Duration of exam: 3 hours for each paper
- Number of questions: 100 for each paper
- Total marks: 200 for each paper
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Marking scheme: For every right answer, 2 marks will be awarded to the candidates.
- Negative marking: One-third marks will be deducted for each wrong answer.
|Subjects||No. of questions||Total marks|
|Language (Hindi or English)||100||200|
|Subjects||No. of questions||Total marks|
|General Aptitude Test||100||200|
|Subject specific topics (Science/ Commerce/ Arts/ Agriculture)||100||200|
UP B.Ed Admit Card
- The admit card to appear for the entrance exam will be published around 7 days before the exam through online mode.
- Candidates will be able to download their admit card using their registration number from the official website.
- Two copies of the admit card should be printed and photograph of the candidates should be pasted on it.
- Signature of the parents and index finger impression of the candidates should also be put at the specified places.
- While reporting to the exam center, the candidates must carry their admit card or else they will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
UP B.Ed JEE 2023 Result
- The result of the entrance test is most likely to declare by June 2023.
- Candidates will be able to check their result online by logging in to their account using registration number.
- A merit list of the qualified candidates will be prepared on the basis of their marks scored in the exam.
- Rest process of admission and counseling of the candidates will be done according to their names in the merit list.
Counseling & Admission
Details of the online counseling process will be communicated to the candidates through the university’s website.
- The candidates will be asked to provide their choice for college at the time of counseling.
- Seats will be allotted to the candidates according to their choice, merit and availability of seats.
- Those selected for admission should report to the allotted institute and complete the formalities of admissions.
- Candidates should report for the admission will all important documents in original and photocopy for verification.
- Documents will be verified and the candidates will be granted final admission only after successful verification.
Question 1: Can I make correction in application form after its submission?
Answer: Any correction in the submitted application form can be done by the candidates up to 4 days after the submission by logging into their account.
Question 2: Why do I need two copies of the admit card?
Answer: One copy of the admit card will be submitted at the exam center and other should be kept safe by the candidates.
Question 3: Can the candidates outside the state of Uttar Pradesh apply for B.Ed JEE?
Answer: Yes. But such candidates will be considered under general category even if they belong to reserved category.
Question 4: I haven’t cleared my bachelor’s degree yet but will do so in 2023. Can I still apply?
Answer: Yes you can apply for the UP B.Ed JEE 2023 exam given that you attain the minimum eligibility as explained above on or before the commencement of the counseling process.
Question 5: Can I get my admit card to appear for the entrance exam through post?
Answer: No admit card will be sent to the candidates through post, courier, fax or email. The admit card can only be downloaded from the official website of the Lucknow University.