PMSSS stands for Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme. This scheme is launched by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). Under this scheme, financial support is provided to students from Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh. Financial help is offered to the students to encourage them for higher studies. Those who are looking to apply need to fill and submit the application form before the last date. The application process will take place in online mode only. All the information related to the PMSSS 2023 scheme is provided in this post accurately.
Latest: PMSSS 2023 registration window is closing by 22nd June 2023, 5PM.
Table of Contents
PMSSS 2023 Important Dates
The schedule for PMSSS 2023 scheme is given below.
|Starting of application form submission||Available|
|Last date to submit the application form||22nd June 2023, 5PM|
|Beginning of document verification||24th May to 23rd June 2023|
|Releasing of merit list||3rd July 2023|
|Result of Seat Allocation through Online
Counselling on the DBT of the Student: Round
|12th July 2023|
|Confirmation from the candidate against the seat
allocation ( Failing to freeze the seat during this
period will cancel the seat and seat will be allotted to
another candidate during next/subsequent round)
|12th to 14th July 2023|
|Seat Cancellation for the candidates who have
not given any confirmation
|15th July 2023|
|Joining in the College||12th to 29th July 2023|
Courses Covered Under PMSSSS 2023
This scheme is for those students who are looking to pursue any of the following courses after 10+2.
- General Degree such as BA, B.Com, B.Sc., etc.
- Professional degree courses like Engg./ Nursing/ Pharmacy/ Hotel Management/ Architecture, etc.
- Medical/ BDS or equivalent
PMSSS for J&K students Eligibility Criteria 2023
It is necessary for all candidates to make sure that they are eligible before filling the application form. The eligibility criteria for Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme 2023 are as follows.
- The candidate must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent examination from JKBOSE or CBSE School located in J&K and Ladakh.
- Aspirants should have cleared the 10+2 or equivalent examination.
Lateral Entry Scheme
- Candidates should have a diploma in Engineering from the Polytechnic Institutes affiliated with J&K State Technical Board.
PMSSS 2023 Application Form
The application form of PMSSS 2023 has been released in online mode only. Those who wish to apply need to register through the official website i.e. http://www.aicte-jk-scholarship-gov.in. The complete process of application is explained below.
- To start the process, candidates have to register themselves by visiting the official website.
- During the registration process, aspirants need to provide their active mobile number and email ID.
- All the candidates are also required to verify their phone number and email address through an activation link.
- The user ID and Password will also be generated after the registration.
- Next, candidates can log in and access the main application form.
- In the main application form, aspirants have to provide their complete educational, personal, and contact details.
- Apart from the details, candidates are also required to upload the scanned images of their photograph, signature, and other documents.
- Documents to be uploaded on the application form are as follows.
- Passport Size Photograph
- Domicile certificate of J&K.
- Category Certificate (if applicable)
- Aadhar Card
- 10th Class Mark sheet
- 12th Class Mark sheet
- Diploma certificate (for lateral entry students only)
- Disability Certificate (if applicable)
- Then, in the next step, aspirants have to check the preview of submitted application form.
- Finally, you may submit the application form if all details are correct. It is advised that you should keep a copy of the application form submitted.
- After submitting the application form online, aspirants have to visit the nearest verification centre.
- The officials will verify documents at the verification centre and provide candidates with a verification slip.
- It is recommended to keep the verification slip safe for future references.
Financial Aid under PMSSS 2023
The benefit that a candidate will get under PMSSS 2023 depends upon the course he/ she opts for after passing the class 12th examination. The following table explains the amount of money a candidate will get more getting admission into various courses.
|Courses/ Stream||Financial help for an academic fee provided||Financial help for hostel fee provided|
|General Degree||Up to Rs. 30000/- per annum||Uniformly Rs. 100 lakh per annum (in Ten equal instalments)|
|Professional Courses (Engineering/ Nursing/ Pharmacy/ Hotel Management/ Architecture, etc.)||Up to Rs. 1.25 lakh per annum|
|Medical/ BDS or equivalent||Up to Rs. 3.00 lakh per annum|
Check- Colleges under PMSSS 2023
PMSSS 2023 Merit List
- After the verification of documents, merit lists will be made available through the official website site.
- Please note that the merit list is prepared on the basis of marks obtained by candidates in CBSE/JKBOSE 10+2 exam.
- AICTE will make sure that it release the merit list of students based on the marks secured by them in CBSE/ JKBOSE 10+2 examination well before the first round of counselling.
PMSSS Counselling 2023
- The allotment of seats will take place through online counselling only.
- Candidates, please note that no admission will be allowed in any circumstances without participation in the online counselling process.
- Scholarships are provided to those candidates who secured admission through online counselling.
- During the counselling process, aspirants have to provide the choice of course and colleges in which they want to study.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: In which mode the application form for PMSSS 2023 will release?
Answer: The application form has been released online.
Question – 2: What is the seat reservation policy under PMSSS 2023 scholarship scheme?
Answer: The seats reserved for students from various categories are as follows.
- SC candidates: 8%
- ST candidates: 10%
- SEBC: 22%
Question – 3: What is the selection process of PMSSS 2023?
Answer: The selection process of this scholarship scheme is explained below.
- First of all, candidates have to submit the application form online.
- Then, get documents verified at the verification centre and collect the document verification report.
- After that, the merit list based on the 10+2 class result will be displayed.
- Next, candidates have to participate in online counselling and get admission.
- Finally, AICTE will release scholarships for successful candidates.
Question – 4: How many scholarships are available under PMSSS?
Answer: The exact number of scholarships will be available only after the release of official notification. As per the last year, it is expected that there will be around 5000 scholarships.
52 thoughts on “PMSSS 2023 (Register till 22 June, 5PM): Prime Minister’s Special Scholarship Scheme”
In thi scholarship no jammu colleges are there to get scholarship..how will I apply for jammu college
Can I do mba,mca or llb through pmsss..I m graduate…nd eligibility for these courses is graduation…can I apply
Is BCA or MCA available in this scheme
Sir, I got 424 marks in class 12 th. Is there any chances of selection for me to get good collage in bsc nursing ?
PMSSS 2021-2022 When registration begin.it is 2 much late .any official news regarding it then rply ..
I have passed my 12th in 2019 bi annual… Am i eligible for pmsss 2021
Sir ews reservation for session 2022-2023
i am student of PU chandigarh its a Govt. Collage and i am B. tech student in IT branch so i can’t pay fee of my collage/branch so sir my query is that can i get scholarship through Pmsss scheme my admission gone through Jee mains mode …??
Sir .. i will pass my 12th exams in2021 … So how can I apply fir ba.llb in pmsss plzz tell me ……
depends upon your choice filling and %age
I passed my 12th class exams. Can i apply for bba Or imba
I have cleared my 12th class in 2019 can i apply for 2021 pmsss? Please reply
Sir i was passed 12th class in j&k, but i was born in bihar but i have domicile certificate of j&k. So will fill form of pmsss2021-2022
Exactly u r from ?
I’m a 12th passed student from jammu and Kashmir. Can i apply for Ba llb through pmsss?
Yes students who have passed 10+2 examination from JKBOSE or CBSE Schools located in J&K and Ladakh) in Academic Year 2019-20 or 2020-21 are eligible.
Sir i am Student of B.tech at pu chandigarh 1st Semester can i get any benifit through pmsss
You need to give CLAT exam for that!
I am 12th pass
What is your concern? Please ask so that I can help you. Thank you!
Can I register for horticulture
Yes you can register for B.Sc(Horticulture)
I PASSED 12TH CLASS.CAN I REGISTERED FOR BCA.
Yes you can
I have cleared my 10+2. Can I get admission in B Pharma course under PMSSS
Yes u can apply, I am also a commerce student and have passed my 12th class in March 2020.u can apply for ug courses only like bba not imba I m also going to apply for bba.so wish u all the best
Are 10marks also count for merit list?
I thing merit list would be prepared based on students’ performance in 10+2.
Eligibility of 2019 student 12th passed student
Yes those have passed for the session 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 are eligible
I passes my 10+2 in 2019-20 am I also eligible for this. What’s the requirement of pmsss in regards to 12th percentage
Can I apply for Ba under pmsss
Yes if you meets the said criteria.
mri 2020 ma 12th pass hui kya ma pmsss ka application form fill kr skta hu , imp.question kya pmsss ka form 2021 ma reopen ho ga . Agr ho ga to ks month ma
Haan ji aap apply kar sakte ho. Form July 2021 m aa sakte hain
Income criteria for PMSSS- The family income from all sources for the Financial Year 2020-21 should not be more than Rs. 8.0 Lakh per annum.
Mam mugeha bsc nursing karni hai pmss ka through to mam iska form kab nikla ja
I had completed my 12th std in 2019. So am i eligible for 2021 pmsss or not??
I passed my 12th class with 83%
Whe will the forms for pmsss available?
To Mohammad muzamil dar,
Expecting in July 2021, 1st week
Diploma m 55 % marks walo k sc category ka selection ho skta h aicte m
yes you are eligible
My 10+2 examinations are in March result will be declared in April is i am eligible for pmsss i passed my 12th in 2019 but i willingly wants to give exams again for better marks is i am eligible for pmsss
I think yes you are eligible
Is income certificate is must as a document for pmsss scholarship for jk students
Yes income certificate is most important document for pmsss.
I had completed my 12th std in 2020-2021. So am i eligible for 2021-2022 pmsss or not??
Yes, you are eligible.