NEET (UG) and JEE Main exams will undergo some major changes next year. The newly formed exam conducting authority NTA (National Testing Agency) is going to conduct the exams in online mode. To make candidates more habitual to the online exam, the NTA is ready to set up 300 practice centers all over India.
In addition to this, the NTA is also going to release a mobile App to let the candidates locate practice centers and register themselves. The services of practice centers will be absolutely free of cost.
Major Announcements by NTA
The top announcements by the NTA officials are as follows:
- Around 3000 practice centers will be established by NTA all over the country to help candidates prepare for the online exam.
- The syllabus, exam pattern and difficulty level of the exam will remain the same. The only difference is that the exam will be conducted online.
- The practice centers will be working on Saturdays and Sundays.
- There will be no charges to avail the services of practice centers what so ever. Candidates just need to register themselves through the app and date & time will be allotted to them for practice.
- Every aspirant will be allotted an hour to practice and get the experience of computer-based exams to be organized by NTA.
Earlier, the HRD minister Mr. Prakash Javadekar has also announced that the syllabus, difficulty level and pattern for all the exams will remain the same just the mode of exam will be changed to online.
A senior HRD official told that any changes in exam pattern or syllabus at short notice will be difficult for the students as they are also preparing for the board exams.
Why will NTA conduct the JEE Main and NEET UG exams only in online mode?
As per the NTA officials, the students will be benefited by the computer-based exams in following ways:
- The computer-based exam will minimize the risk of paper leaks and cheatings as the software will be picking the questions randomly.
- NTA will use international assessment standards in computer-based exam which will decrease the role of rote learning and intensive coaching.
- The processing of exam will be easier and the declaration of result will be much faster.
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here