JEE Main 2019 is one of the popular entrance examinations in the country. JEE i.e. Joint Entrance Examination conducts for providing admission to eligible applicants into B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch etc. courses offered by the various NIT/ISM/ IITs in India. Every year, Lakhs of applicants apply for JEE Main Examination to get UG admission in the best engineering institutions of India. The official notification for JEE Mains 2019 is yet to be announced by the officials. But, as per the previous year exam data, it is expected that JEE main exam for 2019 will be held on April 2019 and the online applications of the same will be available from December 2018.
Candidates who want to crack JEE Main 2019 are recommended to follow the best study materials, work hard and prepare yourself effectively according to the exam. Here, in this post, we’ve mentioned all important details regarding IIT JEE 2019 such as exam pattern, eligibility, application process, syllabus, important dates, and admission process etc. So, stay tuned for further updates on JEE Mains 2019.
JEE Main 2019 Examination Highlights
|Exam name||JEE- Joint Entrance Examination (JEE-MAIN)|
|Name of the conducting body||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|Programme offered through JEE MAIN 2019||B.Tech (4 years) and B.Arch (5 years)|
|Duration of the exam||3 hours (for normal), 4 hours (for disabled)|
|Exam mode||Online /offline|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Total number of questions||90|
|JEE Main 2019 exam date||1st week April 2019 (For offline ) & 2nd week April 2019 ( online )|
JEE Main Application form 2019
Here are some important points of the JEE Main application form 2019. Currently, the authority has not released the dates for various events of JEE Main, however, we are expecting it in the month of December 2018.
- The applications will be available online at the official website. There is no other provision to apply for JEE other than online mode.
- The application forms will be available from the month of December 2018.
- Basically, the JEE Main registration process involves three steps i.e. filling –up details in the form, Uploading of photograph and signature and payment of application fee.
- The applicants are advised to be ready with their recent passport size photograph & signatures.
- The applicants also have Aadhar card number or Aadhaar enrollment number.
- The application fee also have to be paid either through online (via credit/debit card) or offline mode (via e-challan).
Application fee for JEE Main 2019
- For Paper 1 or 2 offline mode
General category/OBC Male applicants Rs. 1,000/- and for SC/ST/PWD/females Rs. 500/-
- For Paper 1 or 2 online mode
General category/OBC Male applicants Rs. 5,00/- and for SC/ST/PWD/females Rs. 250/-
- For Paper 1&2 both offline mode
General category/OBC Male applicants Rs. 1,800/- and for SC/ST/PWD/females Rs. 900/-
- For Paper 1&2 both online mode
General category/OBC Male applicants Rs. 1,300/- and for SC/ST/PWD/females Rs. 650/-
JEE Main Important Dates 2019 (Tentative)
At this time, candidates can view the tentative schedule of JEE Main 2019 provided below. We’ll make the necessary changes in all the mentioned dates after the announcement of its related notification.
|Publication of official notification||November 2018|
|Opening date for online applications||December 2018|
|Date for correcting images||December 2018|
|Closing date for online applications||January 2019|
|Last date to submit application fee||January 2019|
|Opening for correction window for applications||January 2019|
|Availability of admit card||March 2019|
|Offline examination date||April 2019|
|Online examination date||April 2019|
|Availability of IIT JEE Answer Key & OMR Sheet||April 2019|
|Declaration of examination results||April 2019|
Eligibility Criteria to apply for JEE Main Exam
Here is the basic overview of JEE Main eligibility criteria 2019 which need to be fulfilled by the students for appearing in the exam. You may find certain changes in the information provided below after the announcement of its respective notification.
- The applicants must have born on or before 1st October 1994 to apply for JEE Main 2019.
- The applicants must have passed 12th standard examination having Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- The maximum number of JEE MAIN attempt for a candidate is three.
JEE Main Syllabus
Here is the quick overview of IIT JEE syllabus 2019:
- There will be 2 papers in JEE Main 2019- Paper 1 & Paper 2. The syllabus of JEE main 2019 for both papers will be different.
- For Paper 1, the applicants need to be through with the concepts of Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics as per 11th & 12th standards or their respective Boards.
- For Paper 2, the applicants need to do their preparations in subjects like Mathematics, Aptitude test, Drawing etc.
JEE Main Examination pattern 2019
You can make yourself aware of IIT JEE pattern simply by going through the information furnished below. If we find any changes in the exam pattern at a later stage, the same will be updated over here.
- The applicants will get 4 marks for each correct answer & there will be a penalty of 1 mark for each wrong answer for both Paper 1 & Paper 2.
Exam pattern of JEE Main 2019 Paper 1 (B.E./B.Tech)
- There will be total 90 questions of MCQ type, out of which 30 questions will be from Physics, 30 from Chemistry & 30 from Mathematics.
- The duration of the examination will be 3 hours (4 hours in case of disabled candidates).
- The applicants can write the examination either online or offline mode.
Exam pattern of JEE Main 2019 paper 2 (B.Arch/B.Planning)
- There will be 30 questions from Mathematics, 50 from Aptitude test and 2 questions will be from Drawing.
- The Mathematics & Aptitude part will be of MCQ type and the drawing part will be of a subjective type.
- The duration of the marks will be 3 hours (4 hours for disabled candidates).
- The applicants can write the examination only through offline mode.
The admit cards for JEE Main 2019 will be available tentatively from March 2019 at the official website. The applicants can download the admit cards by logging in the website. It is an important document to enter the examination hall, without a valid JEE MAIN admit card you will not be able to write the examination.
Answer Key for JEE Main
The answer key for JEE Mains will be published on successful completion of the examination. The answer key will be published in the month of May 2019. The applicants can also challenge the published answer key through online mode provided they have read the instruction carefully.
The examination results for JEE Mains Exam will be declared in the month of April 2019. The eligibility for appearing in JEE Advanced will be based on the examination result of JEE Main 2019. The AIR (All India Rank) will be considered to provide admission to IITs, NITs, CFTIs, SFTIs etc.
Cut Offs for JEE Main 2019
Cut off marks will be decided by the examination authority. It may vary from year to year. The eligible applicants will be selected based on the cut off marks decided by the authority and also the merit list prepared.
The selected applicants will be invited to take part in counseling process. The counseling will purely be based on rank card. The procedure will start in the month of July 2019. All India Rank will also be taken into consideration to provide admission.
JEE Main State code of Eligibility
Candidate should select the State of Eligibility for IIT JEE 2019 according to the state in which the study centre is situated. Applicants belonging to Nepal /Bhutan/Foreign/OCI/PIO are exempted from the provision of the state code of eligibility. The below table represents all State codes of Eligibility for JEE Main 2019.
|Name of the state/UT||Code|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands (UT)||1|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli (UT)||8|
|Daman & Diu (UT)||9|
|Jammu & Kashmir||15|
|Foreign/OCI/PIO/ Nepal / Bhutan||98|
How to crack JEE Main exam 2019?
If you are an IIT JEE aspirant and want to crack upcoming JEE Exam, the below points will be helpful in your preparation for IIT JEE.
- Understand the basic concept of the subject rather than learning the answers. If your basics are clear then you can easily tackle all the problems that may come from the topics which you didn’t prepare well.
- Download the IIT JEE Syllabus and start studying.
- Always remember that IIT JEE is a difficult exam but not an impossible exam. It can be easily cracked with a consistent practice, focus, hard work, and impeccable speed.
- Prepare a timetable and study accordingly. Pay much attention to the weaker areas.
- Practice as much as you can, solve every question rather than reading them.
- Increase your speed and accuracy.
- A clear strategy and proper planning is must to clear IIT JEE exam.
- Clear all the doubts from your teachers, do not keep them pending.
- Join the best coaching center for IIT JEE 2019 because the experienced and qualified teachers in coaching will help a lot your preparation for JEE.