The National Testing Agency (NTA) will be conducting NEET 2021 for admission in MBBS/BDS courses provided by the medical colleges in the country. NEET score is considered by a majority of the medial institution for admission. Interested candidates can apply for the exam by filling the online application form for the same. The form may be available from April 2021.
Before moving to the form filling part, students should check the eligibility criteria set by the NTA to appear in the exam. The total duration of the exam will be three hours. There is negative marking for marking the wrong answers. Merely qualifying NEET exam will not guarantee the admission to the MBBS/BDS course. Selection of the candidates will be subjected to the admission criteria, eligibility criteria, rank obtained in merit list and so on.
Latest- NEET 2021 will be held on 1st August 2021 in Pen and Paper mode.
Total number of MBBS, AYUSH, BDS seats are as follows:
No. of seats through NEET- 1,71,036
There is a possibility that NEET will be conducted twice a year in computer based mode, but yet to confirm officially.
As per the source, NEET 2021 notification is expecting to be announced most probably by 20th or 25th January 2021.
NEET 2021 Important dates
The tentative schedule for the NEET exam is as follows-
|Availability of application form||April 2021|
|Last date of submission of the online form||—|
|Last date for successful final transaction of fee||—|
|Application correction window||—|
|Hall ticket printing on the website||—|
|NEET 2021 exam date||1st August 2021|
|Answer key publication||—|
|Beginning of counselling||—|
Note: Any update regarding the exam mode and other changes in NEET exam will be updated here as soon as the official announcement is made by the NTA.
The eligibility criteria for NEET 2021 are as follows-
Nationality: Indian nationals/ NRIs/ OCI/ PIO and Foreign nationals are eligible to apply for the exam.
Age limit: The minimum age of the candidates should be 17 years at the time of admission or on or before 31st December 2021. The upper age limit for NEET (UG) is 25 years. Applicants from the reserved category can claim 5 years of age relaxation.
Qualifying examination: Candidates should have passed class 12th examination or its equivalent from a recognized board/university and have obtained at least 50% marks (40% for SC/ST candidates and 45% for PH candidates) in subject group PCB or equivalent in aggregate. A pass in English subject is also required.
|01||Candidates who are appearing in the qualifying exam in the year 2021, whose are awaiting their result can apply for the exam but will not be considered for admission till they fulfill the criteria for qualifying examination (as given above) at the time of counselling.|
|02||Those who have passed higher/senior secondary examination or Indian school certificate examination as equivalent to qualifying examination stated above can apply for the exam provided that they have studied the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology in the last two years of study. They should also have studied Mathematics or any elective subject with English.|
|03||Those who have completed their intermediate exam/ pre-degree exam in Science of an Indian University/Board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology and English as compulsory subjects can also apply.|
|04||Candidates having done Pre-professional/Pre-medical Examination with Physics,|
Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology & English after passing either the Higher Secondary Examination or the pre-university or an equivalent examination can also apply.
NEET 2021 Application Form
To apply for NEET exam, candidates need to fill the application form by visiting the official website of NTA. The form can only be filled via online mode. Candidates should keep their documents handy before filling the form. They first need to register for the exam using their basic details such as name, mobile number, and email id. After that, they are required to login into the web portal to fill the application form.
The application form will include details such as- gender, religion, father’s name, mother’s name, category, address, academic details and so on. These particulars should be filled very carefully as incomplete and incorrect details will make the form invalid. Candidates will be given a chance to make changes in the details through the application correction window. The form should be submitted on or before the deadline specified by the authority.
- Candidates need to visit official website of NEET 2020 ntaneet.nic.in to apply for the exam.
- They must ensure their eligibility for the exam before start applying online. Therefore, we advise candidates to read information brochure carefully and obtain as much information they can.
- Candidates need to enter full correspondence and permanent address along with PIN code, email address and mobile number. They can either enter their own number or parent’s number.
- Candidates must enter their own or parents email ID in the application form for further communication with NTA.
- Application forms filled through any other mode rather than online are liable to be rejected.
- Candidates from UT of J&K and Ladakh are required to submit online Self Declaration.
Steps to Apply
Step 1: You need to register yourself using yours and parent’s email ID and phone number.
Step 2: Fill up online application form carefully and note down the system generated Application No.
Step 3: Upload scanned copy of passport size photograph, signature, left hand thumb impression and class X passing certificate in JPG/JPEG format.
Step 4: Make payment of fee using SBI/Syndicate/HDFC/ICICI/Paytm Payment Gateway through Debit Card/Credit Card/Net-banking/UPI and keep proof of fee paid for future reference.
Uploading of Scanned Images
- The size of passport size photograph should be in between 10 kb to 200 kb.
- The size of post card size photograph should be in between 50 kb to 300 kb.
- Spectacles are permitted only if being used regularly.
- Candidates need to put their signature in running hand-writing on white paper using Black Ink pen.The file size must be between 4 kb to 30 kb.
- Please note the unsigned application form will be rejected.
- Candidates need to put their left-hand thumb Impression on white paper using Blue Ink and scan it for uploading. The file size should be in between 10kb to 50 kb.
- Candidates also need to scan their Class X Passing Certificate for uploading. The size should be in between 100 kb to 400 kb.
|Category||Application fee to be paid|
|Unreserved and OBC||Rs. 1400/-|
|SC/ ST/ PWD/ Transgender||Rs. 750/-|
Mode of payment: There are two ways to pay the given application fee i.e. online and offline.
- Online mode: In this mode, the payment can be made through the credit card, debit card and internet banking.
- Offline mode: The fee in this mode can be paid via E-Challan.
Also Check: Medical Entrance Exams in India
NEET 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for NEET entrance exam is given below-
- Exam Duration: 3 hours
- Exam Language: Hindi, English, Bengali, Assamese, Telugu, Gujarati, Marathi, Oriya, Tamil, Urdu and Kananda.
- Type of Questions: Objective type (MCQ based)
- Total number of Questions: 180 questions
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be given for correct answer
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for incorrect answer.
|Section||Number of Questions||Maximum Marks|
NEET Syllabus 2021
The syllabus of NEET 2021 will typically be based on the subjects taught at +2 level. Candidates are required to study the subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology to ace the exam. Here are some of the major topics that must be covered by them-
- Physics: Laws of motion, gravitation, properties of bulk matter, thermodynamics, behaviors of perfect gas and kinetic theory, work, energy and power, kinematics, motion of system of particles and rigid body, physical world and measurement, magnetic effects of current and magnetism, electromagnetic waves, optics, dual nature of matter radiation, oscillations and waves, current electricity, atoms and nuclei, etc.
- Chemistry: Structure of atom, classification of elements and periodicity in properties, chemical bonding and molecular structure, S-block elements, redox reaction, hydrocarbons, environmental chemistry, states of matter, general principles and processes of isolation of elements, surface chemistry, coordination compound, d and f block elements, solutions, solid state, chemical kinetics, hydrogen, some basic concepts of chemistry, some P-block elements, organic chemistry, organic compounds containing nitrogen, etc.
- Biology: Cell structure and function, reproduction, structural organization in animals and plants, biotechnology and its applications, genetics and evolution, diversity in living world, plant physiology, biology and human welfare, etc.
How to prepare for NEET 2021
Here are some important tips to crack the NEET exam with flying colors-
- Set daily goals and follow them religiously.
- Do not use mobile phone while studying.
- Go through the exam pattern and syllabus first to understand the structure of the exam.
- Keep a few reference books and study them only. No need to collect all the books available in the market for NEET preparation.
- Complete NCERTs first and then only refer other books.
- Avoid skipping meals just for the sake of exam. A healthy mind and body is required to concentrate on the preparation.
Important reference books for NEET 2021
Given below are some of the notable reference books that will help the candidates score good marks in the exam (NCERTs included)-
- Physics: Objective physics by DC Pandey, previous year questions by Arihant publication, concepts of physics by HC Verma, Test series by Akash/Allen (if needed), fundamentals of Physics by Halliday,Resnick & Walker, Problem in General Physics by I.E. Indrov.
- Chemistry: Physical chemistry by K L Chugh, Dinesh chemistry guide, O P Tandon inorganic chemistry, JD Lee inorganic chemistry, Morrison organic chemistry, organic Chemistry by Solomons, organic chemistry by OP Tandon
- Biology: Biology Vol 1 and Vol 2 by Trueman, objective biology by Dinesh, objective botany by Ansari, Pradeep guide on biology, GR Bathla publications for biology.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: The National Testing Agency will conduct NEET in 2021.
Ans: Though, it’s not confirmed yet officially. Still, there is a chance that application form will be available from 1st week of November 2020.
Ans:No, you are not allowed to do so. You need to go to the official website of NEET http://www.ntaneet.nic.in/ to apply online for the exam. Applications forms submitted through any other channels are liable to be rejected.
Ans: It will be a pen and paper based test. Candidates need to answer questions on the specially designed machine gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen.
Ans: The duration of test would be three (03) hours.
Ans: Candidates can one of these 11 languages- English, Hindi, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Odia, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu.
- The admit card can be downloaded from the official website of the NTA.
- Candidates should keep a printout of the hall ticket and preserve it for future use.
- It is mandatory for the applicants to carry the admit card to the exam center without which they won’t be permitted to take the test.
- To check the result of the NEET 2021 exam, candidates need to login into the official web portal of the NTA.
- NTA will publish the merit list of the candidates based on their performance in the exam.
- The authority will also distribute the merit list to the concerned counselling conducting bodies so that the candidates can register for the counselling to grab a seat in a medical college.