Jamia Millia Islamia University will grant the selected candidates admissions into its different undergraduate and postgraduate courses. The admissions into BE/ B.Tech courses will be offered on the basis of JEE main exam and that into BDS course on the basis of NEET. For all other courses, enrolment will be granted on the basis of candidates’ performance in the entrance test conducted by the institute. The interested candidates can submit their applications for admissions now. The candidates can get the complete details of the JMI Admission 2022 process such as eligibility criteria, exam pattern, result, etc from this article.
Latest: JMI application process for admission through CUCET and non-CUCET has been released now.
Table of Contents
JMI Admission 2022 Important Dates
Below here are given the official dates related to JMI Admission 2022.
|Online form||6th April 2022|
|Online form deadline||—|
|Application form editing||—|
|Qualifying exam result||—|
|Online form||14th May 2022|
|Online form deadline||—|
|Application form editing||—|
|Hard copy of application submission||—|
|Date of exam||—|
|Deadline for submitting the Research Proposal in the Concerned Deptt/center||—|
|Candidates list for interview||—|
|Admission formalities to be finished||—|
JMI Admission 2022 Exam Pattern
The basic overview of the JMI Admission exam pattern 2022 is given below:
- Duration of exam: Different for different entrance exams
- Type of questions: Objective type (except for M.Phil/ Ph.D exam)
- Marking scheme: 0.25 marks will be deducted for each incorrect response
JMI Admission Eligibility Criteria 2022
The candidates who wish to be considered for the JMI 2022 admission process must fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria:
For undergraduate courses:
- BA (Hons) in History: The candidates should have passed their class 12th or an equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in aggregate or in the subject concerned.
- Com (Hons): The candidates should have passed their class 12th or an equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in aggregate of best 5 papers or in the subject concerned.
- Sc: A pass in the class 12th or an equivalent examination with not less than 50% marks in each of Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and 50% marks in aggregate of best 5 papers is required.
- Tech: Those who have passed the class 12th or its equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, with not less than 55% marks in these subjects or have done Diploma in engineering with not less than 55% marks are eligible.
- Arch: A candidate who has passed 10+2 examination with at least 50% marks in aggregate with Mathematics, English, Physics, and Chemistry will be eligible or those with a 3-year Diploma passed with 50% marks in aggregate can apply too.
For postgraduate courses:
- MA in English: The applicants who have done BA/ B.Sc/ BA (Hons.)/ B.Sc (Hons.)/ B.Com (Hons.) with at least 50% marks in aggregate or in the subject concerned can apply.
- Sc in Chemistry: The applicants should have done B.Sc (Hons.) Chemistry or B.SC with Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Zoology, Botany, Computer Science, Geology, Geography with not less than 50% marks in aggregate and at least 55% marks in Chemistry.
- Ed: At least 50% marks or an equivalent grade in B.Ed/ BA.B.Ed/ B.Sc.B.Ed/ B.El.Ed or D.El.Ed with an undergraduate degree with 50% marks in each is required.
- MFA in Painting: The candidate should hold a four year BFA degree in painting with at least 60% marks.
- Tech: B.Tech/ BE in relevant field with not less than 60% marks or a minimum grade of 6.75 on a 10 point scale is required.
Application Form for JMI Admission 2022
The interested candidates can register online for Jamia Millia Islamia admission 2022 by visiting the official website. The candidates should fill their application form by providing the important personal, educational and other details as asked. Scanned copies of candidates photograph and signature should also be uploaded into the application form. The duly-filled application form can them be submitted along with the required application fee. The candidates are advised to take a printout of the filled-in application form and keep it safe in case of future reference. The candidates must not submit more than one application form or else their application(s) might get cancelled. The candidates will also be provided correction window and if they wish to do some corrections in the form, after the final submission.
The application fee will be Rs. 700/- (Rs. 550/- for B.Tech/ B.Arch candidates) and can be submitted by credit card/ debit card/ net banking. The application fee once received successfully by the institute is non-refundable and no correspondence on this subject will be entertained.
JMI Admission Admit Card 2022
The candidates will be able to download their JMI Admission 2022 admit card by logging into the admission portal on the website www.jmicoe.in. The information related to the availability of the admit cad will be sent to the candidates on their registered mobile numbers through SMS. The candidates should take a printout of the admit card and paste self-attested passport size recent colored photograph in the space provided. This admit card must be carried to the exam center or the candidates will not be allowed to enter into the exam hall.
JMI Admission 2022 Result
The entrance exam result will be announced by the institute on its official website. The candidates who are declared as qualified will be eligible for Jamia Millia Islamia admission 2022. A merit list of the qualified candidates will also be prepared in the order of ranking and will be displayed on the official website. As per the names in the list the candidates will have to appear for admissions or interview, whichever is applicable. Separate lists will be prepared for admissions into different programmes.
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here