Gour Banga University is the authority responsible for releasing the official notification for Gour Banga University B.Ed. admission 2023. The admission for fresher candidates will be provided based on their previous academic performance. The selected candidates will get B.Ed. admission in around 20 colleges affiliated to the University. Those who are seeking Gour Banga University B.Ed. admission 2023 need to fill and submit the application form in online mode. The candidates must check the eligibility criteria carefully before submitting the application form. All the necessary details regarding the Gour Banga University B.Ed. admission 2023 are provided in this article.
Table of Contents
Gour Banga University B.Ed. Admission 2023 Schedule
The tentative schedule of Gour Banga University B.Ed Admission 2023 is given in the table below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of online registration for admission||1st week of June 2023|
|Last date to register online for admission||3rd week of June 2023|
|Last date to make offline application fee payment||3rd week of June 2023|
|Publication of the merit list||3rd week of June 2023|
|Starting of admission process based on the merit list||4th week of June 2023|
|Closing of online admission process||2nd week of July 2023|
|Starting of classes||2nd week of July 2023|
Gour Banga University B.Ed. Admission 2023 Eligibility Criteria
In order to apply for the Gour Banga University B.Ed. Admission 2023, the candidates must satisfy the following eligibility criteria.
- The age of a fresher candidate should not be more than 38 years at the time of admission.
- For both fresher and deputed candidates, it is mandatory to have at least 50% marks in graduation or post-graduation degree exam.
- Those candidates who have a bachelor’s degree with honours and at least 50% aggregate marks of Honours Subject plus Pass Subjects are eligible to apply. There will also be a relaxation of 5% marks for SC/ ST candidates.
- The deputed teachers from any West Bengal Govt. /Govt. Aided/ Govt Sponsored schools or institutes should have at least one-year teaching experience.
Note: The candidates appearing in any other course of Studies/ Full-time Research Work/ Job will not be allowed to pursue this study programme.
Gour Banga University B.Ed. Admission Application Form 2023
The application form for Gour Banga University B.Ed. Admission 2023 will release in online mode only. Interested and eligible candidates looking for admission need to visit the official website to start the application process.
- To begin the online application process, candidates have to register themselves online on the official website of Gour Banga University.
- During the registration process, candidates need to provide some of their basic details.
- Once registered, aspirants may login and access the main application form.
- Then, applicants are required to provide their complete educational, personal, and contact details in the main application form.
- It is important to upload the scanned images of passport size photograph and signature in the application form as per the prescribed format.
- Then, in the next step, applicants need to pay the necessary application fee.
- Finally, after submitting the form, applicants must take a printout of the same for future requirements.
- The application fee for all the candidates is the same i.e. Rs. 700/- + Rs. 40/-
Mode of payment
- The application fee can be paid online using a credit card, debit card, net banking.
- Alternatively, the application fee can also be paid offline using a bank challan.
Gour Banga University B.Ed. Admission 2023 Selection process
The selection process is different for fresher and deputed candidates. The process of creation of the merit list for fresher and deputed candidates is given below.
- The deputed candidates will be shortlisted for admission based on their teaching experience i.e. length of continued service. You should note that the teaching experience of Class 9th to 12th in government aided school will be considered only.
- The selection of fresher candidates will be based solely on their previous educational performance.
- Aspirants must note that the university will consider marks from class 10th to highest qualification of the candidates at the time of preparation of the merit list.
Differently Abled (DA) Candidates
- In order to choose candidates from Differently Abed Categories, the percentage of disability and academic score both will be considered by the admission authorities.
Merit List and Counselling
- After calculating the scores and grade points, the authorities will make Gour Banga University Merit List 2023 available on the official website.
- Please note that the different merit list will be uploaded for various categories.
- Those candidates who will get their names in the merit list will be shortlisted to take part in the counselling process.
- The document of the candidates will also be verified at the time of counselling.
- The admission will be confirmed only after the verification of documents and payment of admission fees.
- Aspirants must know that the counselling schedule will be made available along with the final merit list.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1 Will there be any entrance exam for selection of fresher or deputed candidates?
Answer: There will not be any entrance exam in order to select the candidates. Fresher candidates will be selected based on their previous academic performance. For deputed candidates, the work experience will be considered as a parameter for selection.
Question – 2: I am appearing for the final year exam of graduation in the year 2023. Can I apply for the course?
Answer: Yes, the students appearing for the qualifying exam in the year 2023 can also apply.
Question – 3: I am doing a full time job; can I apply as a fresher candidate and pursue the course?
Answer: The aspirants should note that Fresher candidates who are pursuing any Course of study/ full-time research work/ job are not eligible.
Question – 4: I don’t want to take admission. Can I get the application fee submitted back?
Answer: No, the application fee once submitted will not be refunded back. No matter if you take the admission or not.
Question – 5: How may I contact Gour Banga University?
Answer: The contact details of the university are as follows.
Address: University Of Gour Banga NH-34, P.O-Mokdumpur, Dist-Malda, West Bengal
Email: [email protected]
Fax : 03512-223664
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here