VITEEE 2017 (VIT Engineering Entrance Exam) is going to be organized by VIT university from 5th April to 16th April 2017 for admission to several undergraduate engineering programmes offered at its two campuses i.e. Chennai and Vellore. Almost two lakhs students appear in this exam for admission against 5,000 B.Tech seats. Candidates can obtain its application form in online as well as offline mode from 9th November, 2016. By going through this article candidates can find the best possible information related to this exam.
VITEEE 2017 counselling process has started in offline mode from 10th may 2017.
|Issue of application form starts from||9th November, 2016|
|Deadline for issue or receiving of application forms||15th March 2017|
|Last date to make edition in the filled application form||15th March 2017|
|Download Admit card||third week of March, 2017|
|Examination Date||05.04.2017 to 16.04.2017 ( I session – 9.00 am – 11.30 am / II session – 12.30 pm – 3 .00 pm / III session – 4.00 pm – 6 .30 pm)|
|Result publication||on or before 24th April, 2017|
|Counseling process will be held on||10th May, 2017|
How to Apply for VITEEE 2017 Exam?
VITEEE exam application form will be obtainable in online as well as offline mode from November, 2016 onwards. Along with other information, candidates must need to put updated mobile number and email id as further communication will be made through this only. Online application form can be obtained from the official website whereas; offline application can be obtained from the selected Head post offices. Candidates can pay the application fee through debit card, credit card, net banking or demand draft.
Application form for the year 2017 has been over. Check here info VITEEE application form 2018.
Eligibility Criteria VITEEE 2017
Candidates are necessary to fulfill following criteria in order to apply for this exam. Candidates those have applied for this exam but not fulfilling the major criteria, their applications are liable to be rejected by the conducting authority.
- Candidates should be resident or non-resident citizens of India.
- Candidates those are born on or after July 1, 1995 can apply for this exam.
- Educational Qualification: Candidates should have obtained 60% marks in aggregate in class 12th or intermediate exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Mathematics.
- Candidates those belong to SC/ST category or belong to North Eastern state are required to score at least 50% marks in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates those have taken education under full time, regular and formal education can apply.
- NIOS candidates can apply for the exam.
Detailed info About Eligibility Criteria: Click Here
FAQ’s (Most Asked Questions)
Please have a look on recommended exam pattern of VITEEE exam 2017:
- The exam will be conducted in the month of April, 2017 in three sessions i.e. Session 1 (9:00 am to 11:30 am) / Session 2 (12:30 pm to 3:00 pm) / Session 3 (4:00 pm to 6:30 pm).
- All questions will be multiple choice questions.
- Total number of questions will be 125.
- For PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics) group candidates, 120 questions will be from PCM and 5 from English.
- For PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) group candidates, 120 questions will be from PCB and 5 from English.
- No negative marking system will be applicable for wrong answer in this exam.
- Candidates will find the question paper in English only.
Exam Pattern Complete info: Check Here
Go through the syllabus of this exam we are furnishing here. It will be help you during the exam preparation. Click Here to check the Syllabus
The exam will be organized in 118 cities across the country. Candidates are recommended to choose the exam center as per their convenience.
Application Form Status
Candidates can check out the status of their applications whether it is submitted successfully or not from its official website. Candidates can check the status of their application through 10 digit application number and verification code.
e-Admit card will be available to download at the official website of university. A copy of the admit card will be also emailed to candidates to their registered email ID.
VITEEE Answer Key- Download Here
The conducting authority will prepare a merit list based of candidates’ marks in the VITEEE exam. Marks will not be sent individually to candidates via any mode. Result once declared will be final and no case of re-grading and re-totaling will be entertained.
Candidates will be shortlisted for counseling procedure based on candidates’ performance in the test. It is expecting that the counseling procedure will be conducted in the month of May, 2017. However, the exact date will be provided to candidate once the schedule has been released.
The admission will be completed based on merit of candidates in the exam. Candidates those haven’t appeared in the test won’t be considered for admission.
Admission Helpline Details
Director – UG Admissions
Office of Admissions, VIT University,
Vellore – 632014
Tamil Nadu, India.
Phone Number : + 91-416-220 2157, 220 2168
Fax : +91-416-224 5544, 224 0411
Contact Email : [email protected]