It is highly essential to know VITEEE eligibility criteria if you are willing to apply for the exam. Majorly, the eligibility criteria cover details about nationality, age, and academic qualification. Candidates, if capable to meet all required criteria for VITEEE exam, they can apply once the form is live. Only the administrative department of Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) is authorized to decide the eligibility for VITEEE and make changes if required.
VITEEE (Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination) is organized by the Vellore Institute of Technology for the admissions of various Engineering courses in Its Chennai, Vellore, Bhopal and Amaravati Campuses. The admissions to the engineering seats are based on candidate’s Eligibility followed by the scores in the Engineering Entrance exam.
VITEEE Eligibility Criteria 2024
The applicant should be a Resident/Non-Resident Indian National/PIO/OCI holder.
Candidates taking the VITEEE, they must have either passed or shall be appearing in 2024, in any of the following examinations:
- The applicant must have cleared HSC (10+2) or equivalent from a school that is affiliated to State board, Central Board of Education CBSE, New Delhi) or The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (ISCE, New Delhi).
- High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
- Two-year pre-university or Intermediate examination conducted by a recognized board or university.
- General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London/Cambridge/Srilanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
Important Note: NIOS candidates are also permitted to apply. However, they will be asked to submit Migration-Cum-Transfer certificate at the time of admission.
Criteria Included in the Qualifying Examination
- Marks needed for the candidates belonging to the General Category: The candidate who is going to appear VITEEE, they must have secured 60% marks in aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology in the qualifying exam (+2/Intermediate).
- Marks needed for the candidates belonging to the SC/ST Category: The average percentage of marks for the candidates in SC/ST category is 50%, which is the aggregate percentage of marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Science.
- Marks needed for candidates from Jammu and Kashmir and the Northeastern part of India: The applicants belonging to Jammu and Kashmir and Northeastern parts of India such as Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura are also eligible to join the Vellore Institute of Technology’s Engineering discipline with the same criteria of SC/ST candidates.
Points to be Noted
- Candidates from PCM (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics background are eligible for all B.Tech degree programmes.
- Candidates from PCB (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) background can get admission into B.Tech. Bioengineering and B.Tech.Biotechnology programmes. Additionally, they can get admission into ECE with spl.in Biomedical Engineering, B.Tech. Computer Science and Engg (Spec.in Bioinformatics). However, they have to register for Mathematics as bridge course upon joining.
The candidates born on or after July 1, 2002, are eligible to apply for VITEEE.
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here