Health & Family Welfare Department, Government of West Bengal is the authority that holds the responsibility of managing West Bengal ANM 2021 admission. ANM is a 2-years training course in the field of nursing. The admission to this course will be provided on the basis of qualifying examination merit. The admission authorities will not conduct any entrance test for admission. Those eligible candidates who are looking to apply need to fill and submit the application form in online mode. Complete details related to the West Bengal ANM 2021 are provided in this post.
The tentative schedule of West Bengal ANM 2021 is given in the table below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Advertisement in all major local daily newspapers||Last week of July 2021|
|Starting of online application form submission and choice of institution||Last week of July 2021|
|Last date for the submission of application form in online mode||2nd week of August 2021|
|Closure of the choice filling||2nd week of August 2021|
|Publication of provisional merit list according to the marks||3rd week of August 2021|
|Open window for correction||3rd week of August 2021|
|Publication of the name list and venue of provisional verification and format for medical check up||4th week of August 2021|
|Date of verification and medical check-up||Last week of August 2021 to 1st week of September 2021|
|Publication of final rank list according to marks and publication of 1st round of seat allotment||2nd week of September 2021|
|1st round of admission||3rd week of September 2021|
|Release of the seat matrix for the 2nd round of counselling||Last week of September 2021|
|2nd round of seat allotment at respective nursing training school||Last week of September 2021|
|2nd round of admission||1st week of October 2021|
|Publication of the seat matrix for mop up round of counselling||2nd week of October 2021|
|Mop up round counselling and allotment of seats from Swasthya Bhawan||2nd week of October 2021|
|Mop up admission date||2nd week of October 2021|
|Reporting of admitted candidates to the respective institutional authority||1st week of November 2021|
|Beginning of the course||1st week of November 2021|
West Bengal ANM 2021 Eligibility Criteria
It is the responsibility of candidates to make sure that they meet the following eligibility criteria at the time of applying.
- Only female candidates are eligible to apply for this training course.
Nationality and Nativity
- Applicant must be a citizen of India and a permanent resident of the Gram Panchayat area of the concerned district of West Bengal.
- The age of a candidate should be between 17 to 30 years as of 31st December, 2021.
- Candidates must have passed the higher secondary examination (10+2) from West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education/ Vocational Agriculture Examination (10+2) / Vocational Home Science Examination from the West Bengal State Council of Technical and Vocational Education and Skill Development.
- Aspirants also need to have a minimum of 40% marks aggregate marks in English
- Aspirants must be able to read, write, and express in Bengali/ Nepali.
West Bengal ANM Application Form 2021
The application form for West Bengal ANM 2021 will release in online mode only. Those eligible candidates who are looking to apply need to fill and submit the application form through the official website. Complete details related to the application form submission are provided below.
- To start the process of application form submission, candidates are required to register by providing some of their basic details including name, phone number, email address, etc.
- Once registered, candidates will get login credentials on their phone number and email address.
- After that, aspirants have to sign-in and access the main application form.
- In the main application form, candidates are required to provide their complete academic, personal, and contact details.
- Along with the details, it is also necessary for candidates to upload scanned images of their passport size photograph and signature.
- Apart from this, it is also compulsory for candidates to scan and upload images of their class 10th Admit card and class 12th Mark Sheet.
- All details entered in the application form must be accurate. Otherwise, authorities can reject the application form submitted.
- After submitting the application form, candidates must take a printout of the same for future requirements.
- The selection of a candidate will be based on the total marks secured by applicants in compulsory subjects – English with 40% qualifying marks and three elective subjects (best three) except environmental education with 40% qualifying marks in the high school (10+2) and vocational agriculture examination (10+2) passed and vocational home science examination (10+2) passed or equivalent.
- In case of science students, candidates must have passed in both practical and theory separately and 40% in aggregate.
- The following reservation policy will be applicable to the selection of candidates.
|OBC Category – A||10%|
|OBC Category – B||07%|
|Female candidates from Orphanages and inmates of destitute homes||02% (Only for State Govt. Institutes)|
|Lady Civil Defence Volunteers||2.5% (Only for State Govt. Institutes)|
Result and Merit List
- The result and merit list of candidates shortlisted for admission will be published on the official website.
- Information about the marks obtained by candidates, merit position, and rank will be mentioned on the merit list.
- Only those candidates who will get their names on the merit list will be allowed to take part in the counselling process.
West Bengal 2021 Counselling
- Those successful candidates who will get shortlisted after the release of the merit list will be invited to take part in the counselling process.
- During the counselling process, aspirants will be asked to provide the choice of colleges in which they are looking to study.
- It is necessary for all candidates to carry their original documents at the time of admission.
- The allotment of seats will take place solely on the basis of merit and choice filled by candidates during the counselling process.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: What documents do I need to carry at the time of the verification?
Answer: Candidates must carry the following documents at the time of verification.
- Photocopy of mark-sheet of high school examination (10+2) or equivalent examination.
- Age proof certificate (Madhyamik Admit Card/ Certificate or equivalent examination)
- Original copy of the residential certificate issued only by a BDO of local block/ government gazetted officer of the concerned district where the candidate resides/ Sabhadhipati of local Zilla Parishad/ Sabhapati of local panchayat. Samity/ Pradhan of local Gram-Panchayat/ Local M.P/ Local MLA mentioning that the candidate has been residing there permanently or for the period of last five years till date.
- Caste certificate issued by the a) sub-divisional officer of the subdivision concerned district b) In Kolkata – District Welfare Officer, Kolkata/ Ex-officio Jt. Director or Deputy Director, Backward Classes Welfare Department. (For SC/ ST/ OBC- A/ OBC-B Candidates only)
- Civil Defence Certificate issued by the Officer-in-charge of the concerned department to the effect of availing Civil Defence Training and self-attested photocopy of Membership Certificate of casualty service, Civil Defence with Serial No. issued by the officer commanding (applicable for lady civil defence volunteers only)
- Orphanage and inmate-ship (of at least 5 years) in the concerned destitute homes recognized by the social welfare department/ child rights & trafficking department, Govt. of child rights & trafficking department, West Bengal (Applicable for orphanage/ inmates of destitute homes and for female candidates only)
- PWD certificate issued by the medical officer authorized by medical board of WB.
- One recent colour self-signed passport size photograph
Question – 2: Is there any provision for an entrance exam to be conducted for admission to West Bengal ANM 2021?
Answer: No, there will not be any entrance exam. Candidates will be selected on the basis of marks secured by them in the qualifying exam.
Question – 3: Can you name government institutes where I can get West Bengal ANM admission 2021?
Answer: The list of ANM Nursing Training School (Govt.)
- ANM Training School Asansol District Hospital, Paschim Bardhaman
- ANM Training School ID & BG Hospital, Kolkata
- ANM Training School Vidyasagar S.G. Hospital, South 24 Parganas
- ANM Training School Kakdwip S.D Hospital, DH Health District
- ANM Training School Dr. H.C.M. M. Health School, Singur, Hooghly
- Promotees Training School, Jagatberh, Purba Bardhaman
Question – 4: Is it possible to submit the west Bengal ANM 2021 application form in offline mode?
Answer: No, the application form will release in online mode. The admission authority will not accept the application form offline.