Admission into undergraduate Courses in Engineering/ Technology, Pharmacy, and Architecture at Government Colleges and Self-Financing Institutes in West Bengal will be done on the basis of WBJEE. Candidates can choose to appear only in the Mathematics paper of the exam or Physics & Chemistry papers or both. Aspirants appearing in Mathematics papers only will be eligible for engineering courses while those appearing in Physics & Chemistry papers only will be eligible only for pharmacy courses. The exam is expected to be held in the month of April 2024. Find more details about WBJEE 2024 in this article below.
Table of Contents
WBJEE 2024 Important Dates
Check out the tentative dates related to WBJEE 2024 in the table below.
|Availability of online application form||4th week of December 2023|
|Last date for application form submission||3rd week of January 2024|
|Online correction facility starts from||4th week of January 2024|
|Last date to make correction||4th week of January 2024|
|Release of WBJEE admit cards||3rd week of April 2024|
|Date of entrance test||Last week of April 2024|
|Declaration of result||To be announced later|
Eligibility Criteria for WBJEE 2024
Check out the WBJEE 2024 eligibility criteria in terms of nationality, age limit, and educational qualification:
Citizenship: Applicant must be a citizen of India or an Overseas Citizen of India.
Residential/Domicile: The candidate must be a domicile of West Bengal.
Age limit: The lower age limit is 17 years as of 31.12.2024. There is no upper age limit, except for Marine Engineering where the upper age limit is 25 years).
- Engineering/Technology: Candidate must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent exam with Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Computer Science/ Computer Application/Technical Vocational Subject. A minimum of 45% marks overall (40% for reserved category) and at least 30% marks in English are also required.
- Pharmacy courses: Candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exams with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/ Biology. The minimum marks required are similar to the above.
- Architecture: A pass in 10+2 or equivalent exam with 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics taken together and 50% marks in aggregate is required. Students should also clear the National Aptitude Test in Architecture (NATA).
- Marine Engineering: Candidates must pass the 10+2 Examination with 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics taken together. A minimum of 50% marks in English either in class 10 or 12 is also required.
Special academic criteria for specific Universities:
University of Calcutta
- All courses except Jute & Fiber Technology: Candidate must pass 10+2 or equivalent exams with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry with at least 60% marks (55% for reserved category) in these subjects taken together. Passing marks in English with a minimum of 30% in the qualifying exam is also required.
- Jute & Fiber Technology: Candidate must pass 10+2 or equivalent exams with Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology scoring at least 60% marks (55% for reserved category) in these subjects taken together and at least 30% marks in English.
- Engineering/Technology and Pharmacy courses: Candidates must pass 10+2 or equivalent exams with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics scoring a minimum of 60% marks in these subjects taken together and 60% marks in Mathematics (45% for reserved candidates). Passing marks in English and a minimum mark of 30% in the qualifying exam is also required.
- Architecture courses: Candidates must pass the 10+2 Examination with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and 50% marks in aggregate (37% for reserved candidates). Candidates must qualify in NATA.
Bidhan Chandra Krishi Viswa Vidyalaya (B.Tech Agricultural Engineering) & West Bengal University of Animal and Fishery Sciences (B.Tech Dairy Technology)
The candidate must pass 10+2 or its equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English scoring at least 50% marks (40% for reserved candidates) in these subjects taken together.
- B.Tech in Marine Engineering: Candidates must pass in 10+2 exam with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English with a PCM average of not less than 60% and 50% marks in English in class 10th or 12th.
- B.Pharm: Candidates must pass 10+2 or equivalent exam with Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry/ Biology with at least 60% marks in PCB.
- B.Tech in other branches: Candidates must pass 10+2 or equivalent exams with Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Computer Science/ Computer Application subjects with at least 60% marks in all three subjects taken together.
Candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with at least 60% in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry.
Sister Nivedita University
- Computer Science and Business Systems: The candidate must have obtained 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics and also at least 60% in aggregate at the 12th level.
- B.Arch: Candidate must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent exam with Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry with at least 50% marks in these subjects taken together and at least 50% marks in aggregate. Must have passed English in the 10+2 examination and qualify in NATA.
- Engineering/ Technology: Candidate shall have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with Physics, Mathematics, Chem/Biotech/ Biology/ Technical Vocational scoring 60% overall.
- Pharmacy: The minimum eligibility criteria is 60% in the qualifying examination.
Candidate must have passed 10+2 or equivalent exam with Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Computer Science/ Computer Application/ Technical Vocational Subject with at least 60% marks (55% for reserved category) in these subjects taken together and overall. A pass in English with at least 30% marks is also required.
WBJEE 2024 Application Process
To complete the WBJEE 2024 application process, the candidates need to follow the steps given below. The application and registration form will be uploaded on the board’s official website.
- The candidate will enter personal details such as name, parents’ name, date of birth, gender, identification type, address, mobile number, email ID, etc.
- Candidates will then have to create a password, choose security a question/ answer, and submit the registration.
- After successful registration, an application number will be generated and displayed on the screen.
- The candidate needs to fill in information such as domicile, category, PWD status, family income status, religion, nationality, academic details, etc.
- If the candidate also applies for JEE (Main) 2024, he/she needs to enter the application number.
- The candidates then need to select zones of examinations in order of his/her choice and submit the application.
Uploading of images
- Candidates should upload their recent color photograph and signature or any other document like certificates/ mark sheets in the form.
Payment of Examination Fees
- The exam fees can be paid by Net Banking/ Debit Card/ Credit Card/ UPI.
- An application fee will be Rs. 500/- for general candidates and Rs. 400/- for reserved candidates.
- On successful completion of all the above steps, candidates can download the ‘Confirmation Page’ which means that the application is complete.
WBJEE Exam Pattern 2024
A basic overview of the WBJEE 2024 exam pattern is provided below.
Mode of exam: Offline
Duration of exam:
Number of questions: 155
Type of questions: Objective type
Total marks: 200
Category 1: Each question carries 1 mark
Category 2:Each question carries 2 marks
Category 3: Each question carries 2 marks
Category 1: 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer
Category 2: 0.5 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer
Category 3: No negative marking
|Subject||Category 1||Category 2||Category 3||Total questions||Total marks|
|No. of question||No. of question||No. of question|
Check out the syllabus for WBJEE 2024 given below:
- Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Coordinate geometry of two dimensions, Coordinate geometry of three dimensions, and Calculus
- Physics: Physical World, Measurements, Units & dimensions, Kinematics, Laws of motion, Optics, Current Electricity, Atomic Physics, Solid-state Electronics, Oscillations & Waves, Electromagnetic waves, etc
- Chemistry: Atoms, Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic, Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Coordination Compounds, Chemical Energetics, and Chemical Dynamics, Physical Chemistry of Solutions, etc
WBJEE 2024 Admit Card
- Admit cards will be generated one week before the exam and the candidates can download and take a print of their admit card.
- Candidate must carry a copy of the admit card to the examination center.
- Applicants should make sure that the admit card is not mutilated or damaged in any manner.
- Those with such admit cards will not be allowed to appear in the examination.
Display of Responses & Answer Key
- Answer keys of the test and images of candidates’ OMRs will be available on the board’s website shortly after the exam.
- Candidates can log in and view the model answer keys and OMRs and can make challenges on both on payment of ₹500.
- The board will then review the challenges and publish the final answer keys.
WBJEE Result 2024
- Based on the candidates’ scores in the entrance test, WBJEEB will prepare merit ranks.
- Candidates will be able to view and download their rank card, containing the score and rank.
- Based on the subjects appeared, a general and pharmacy Merit Rank will be prepared.
- Further processes of admissions such as counseling and document verification will be done according to the rank list.
There is no limit to appearing in WBJEE.
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here