Admission of candidates to various courses such as B.Tech, B.Arch, B.Des, B.Pharma, BHMCT, etc offered by the colleges of Uttar Pradesh is done on the basis of state level entrance exam Uttar Pradesh Common Entrance Test (UPCET). Candidates can apply for any of the offered courses depending on their interest and eligibility. Application form for the same is expected to release in the month of April 2022 and entrance exam to be held in June 2022. Candidates can get complete details related to UPCET (UPSEE) 2022 from this article.
Latest: UPSEE 2022 has been scrapped, admission to BTech course will be based on JEE Main, BArch will be based on NATA exam. While, for other courses, admissions would be based upon CUET.
Table of Contents
Courses & Papers
|Paper 1||B.Tech/ MCA Integrated)/ M.Tech (Integrated)|
|Paper 2||B.Tech (Biotechnology)|
|Paper 6||BHMCT/ BFAD/ BFA/ B.Voc/ MBA (Integrated)|
|Paper 7||Lateral Entry:
MCA 2nd Year
B.Tech 2nd Year (for B.Sc Graduates)
B.Pharma 2nd Year (for Pharmacy Diploma Holders)
B.Tech 2nd Year (for Engineering Diploma Holders)
|Paper 8||MBA/ MCA|
UPCET 2022 Important Dates
The table below presents the important dates (tentative) related to UPCET (UPSEE) 2022:
|Online application form release date||Last week of April 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form||2nd week of May 2022|
|Partial correction in the submitted application form||2nd week of May 2022|
|Opening of link for downloading of the admit card||Last week of May 2022|
|Dates of examination||2nd week of June 2022|
|Declaration of UPSEE 2022 result||2nd week of July 2022|
|Commencement of counseling process||3rd week of July 2022|
Eligibility Criteria for UPSEE 2022
Candidates who meet the eligibility criteria prescribed below can apply for UPSEE 2022:
- For B.Tech/ MCA (Integrated)/ M.Tech (Dual Degree)- A pass in class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Biology/ Technical Vocational subject or Diploma in Engineering & Technology and a minimum aggregate of 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ ST candidates) is required.
- For B.Tech Biotechnology: Applicants need to clear the class 12th Physics, Mathematics/ Biology and Chemistry/ Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational subject scoring not less than 45% aggregate marks (40% marks for SC/ ST candidates)
- For B.Pharma: The candidates should have passed their class 12th exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/ Biology with at least 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ ST candidates) in aggregate.
- For BHMCT/ BFAD/ BFA/ B.Voc/ B.Des/ MBA (Integrated)- Applicants who have cleared their class 12th or equivalent exam scoring no less than 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ ST candidates) in aggregate are eligible.
- For B.Arch- Those who clear their class 12th or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate and in each of these subjects can apply.
- For MBA- Any bachelor’s degree of minimum 3 years or equivalent obtaining no less than 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST candidates) is required.
- For MCA- The candidates should hold a 3-year Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and no les than 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC/ ST candidates). Mathematics as a subject at class 12th or graduation level is also necessary.
- For B.Tech lateral entry- An Engineering Diploma with at least 45% marks (40% for SC/ ST candidates) from an institute located in UP or both parents of UP domicile is required. Those with a B.Sc degree with 45% aggregate marks in minimum (40% for SC/ ST candidates) and Mathematics as a subject can apply too.
- For B.Pharma lateral entry- Applicants with a Diploma in Pharmacy and at least 45% marks in aggregate (40% for SC/ ST candidates) from an institute located in UP or both parents of UP domicile are eligible.
- For MCA lateral entry – A graduate degree in BCA, B.Sc (IT/ Computer Science) securing minimum marks 50% (45% for SC/ ST candidates) in aggregate is required. Mathematics as a subject at class 12th or graduation level is also necessary.
UPCET Application Form 2022
The application form for UPSEE 2022 will be released in online mode. Interested candidates who also fulfill the eligibility criteria mentioned above can obtain the application form by visiting the official website of the board www.upsee.nic.in.
- Candidates will fist have to fill the application form by providing their personal and qualifying exam details.
- A password should also be provided by the candidates that will be used for further account logins.
- Once the details are provided correctly in the application form, the can make its final submission. An application number will be generated after that.
- Using this application number along with the password you can login to your account to follow the further steps.
- The next step will be uploading of scanned copies of candidates’ photograph and signature into the application form.
- After this, the candidates can proceed with the payment of the prescribed application fee and then the application process concludes.
- After making payment, a payment Transaction Number is generated that should be noted for future correspondences.
- Candidates are also advised to take two printouts of the confirmation page generated after application fee payment and keep them preserved for future communication.
- The entrance examination fee for UPSEE is Rs. 1300/- for Male/ Transgender candidates and Rs. 650/- for Female/ Physically Handicapped/ SC/ ST candidates.
Mode of payment:
- Application fee can be paid through online mode using net banking/ credit card/ debit card.
UPCET 2022 Exam Pattern
A basic overview of UPSEE exam pattern 2022 is provided below:
- Mode of exam: Offline mode
- Question paper language: Hindi & English
- Number of papers: 8
- Type of questions: Objective type (except Drawing Aptitude Test)
- Marking scheme: 4 marks will be given for every right answer.
- Negative marking: There will be no negative marking.
|Papers||Topics||No. of questions||Total marks||Duration|
|Paper 1||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||150 (50 each subject)||600||3 hours|
|Paper 2||Physics, Chemistry & Biology||150 (50 each subject)||600||3 hours|
|Paper 3||Mathematics & Aesthetic Sensitivity and Drawing Aptitude||102 (50 each in & Maths & Aesthetic Sensitivity, 2 in Drawing Aptitude)||600||2:30 hours|
|Paper 4||Aptitude Test for General Awareness (BHMCT/ BFAD/ BFA/ MBA Integrated||100||400||2 hours|
|Paper 5||Aptitude Test for B.Sc Graduates in Engineering (Lateral Entry)/ 2nd year MCA||100||400||2 hours|
|Paper 6||Aptitude Test for MBA/ MCA||100||400||2 hours|
|Paper 7||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Pharmacy (Lateral Entry)||100||400||2 hours|
|Paper 8||Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Engineering (Lateral Entry)||100||400||2 hours|
UPSEE Syllabus 2022
Check out the syllabus for the UPSEE 2022 entrance exam below:
- Physics: Motion in one dimension, Work, Power and Energy, Rotation of a rigid body about a fixed axis, Mechanics of solids and fluids, Electrostatics, Modern Physics, etc
- Chemistry: Chemical Equilibrium and Kinetics, Thermochemistry, Polymers, Acid-Base Concepts, Electrochemistry, General Organic Chemistry, Petroleum, etc
- Mathematics: Probability, Statics, Co-ordinate Geometry, Algebra, Trigonometry, Calculus, Vectors, Dynamics, etc
- Biology: Organic Evolution, Animal Physiology, Human Genetics and Eugenics, Plant Cell, Protoplasm, Anatomy of Root, stem and leaf, Photosynthesis, etc
- Drawing Aptitude: Combining and composing given 3D elements to form a building or structural form, Creating interesting 2D compositions using given shapes or planner forms, Understanding of scale and sense of proportion, etc
- Reasoning & Logical Deduction: Geometrical designs & Identification, Selection of related letters/ words/ numbers/ figures, Identification of odd thing, Syllogisms, etc
- Numerical Ability & Scientific Aptitude: Arithmetical questions up to class 10th, Square Roots, Calculation of fraction, Percentages, Profit, Loss and Interest calculations, etc
- General Knowledge: Current affairs/ Events (Political, Social, Cultural & Economics), Historical events, Geography including Tourist Places, Countries & Currencies, etc
- English Language: Word Meanings, Antonyms & Synonyms, Meaning of Phrases & Idiom, Fill in the blanks, Sentence Completion with correct use of Pronouns, Verbs, Adverbs & Adjectives, etc
- Computer Concepts: Computer Basics, Data Representation, Data Structures, Computer Architecture, Computer Language, Operating System Basics, etc
- Pharmacy: Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Pharmacognosy, Biochemistry & Clinical Pathology, Human Anatomy & Physiology, Health Education & Community Pharmacy, etc
- The UPSEE exam admit card will be uploaded online on the official website of the board www.upsee.nic.in.
- Candidates should download their admit card from their login account, take its printout and carry it to the exam center on the day of exam.
- No candidates will be allowed to appear for the exam in the absence of a valid admit card.
- To prevent the loss or damage of admit card, the candidates are suggested to take its multiple printouts.
- Candidates should preserve their admit card even after the exam is over as it will be required at the time of admission too.
- The authorities will announce the entrance exam result on the official website of the board in the month of June 2022 (tentatively).
- Using their application number and password, the candidates can login to their account and check their result.
- A merit list of the qualified candidates will be prepared on the basis of their marks in the entrance test. Separate lists will be prepared for admission to different courses.
- Candidates will be invited to take part in the further rounds of counseling and admission on the basis of their names in the list.
UPSEE 2022 Counseling
- Details regarding the counseling process like schedule and venue will be intimated to the candidates from the official board’s website.
- At the time of counseling, the original documents and eligibility of the candidates will be verified.
- Candidates therefore should carry with them all the important documents in original and photocopy while reporting for counseling.
- The candidates will also be asked to provide their choice for branch and college at the time of counseling.
- After the documents and eligibility are verified successfully, the candidates will be allotted seats on the basis of their choice and merit.
- Selected candidates need to complete the rest formalities of admission and secure their seats.
Can foreign national candidates apply for admission?
Foreign Nationals (FN) / Persons Of Indian Origin (PIO) / Children Of Indian Workers In Gulf Countries (CIWGC) are eligible for admission (except B.Arch course) under the approval of AICTE.
I am not a domicile of Uttar Pradesh. Am I eligible to appear for UPSEE?
Yes you are. But no benefits of reservation, if applicable, will be offered to you as it is limited to the candidates of Uttar Pradesh domicile.
Can I provide my choice for exam city for appearing in UPSEE 2022?
Yes. The candidates will be able to provide their choice for exam city for appearing in UPSEE 2022 while filling the application form.
Is it possible to submit the application form offline?
No. The filling and submission of UPSEE application form can only be done through online mode.
What if I am unable to appear for counseling on the given schedule?
Candidates who fail to appear for the counseling in the specified period of time will not be considered for admission. No further schedule will be assigned to them.