University of Burdwan PG Admission 2023: Burdwan University is inviting applications from interested and eligible candidates for admission to postgraduate courses in various disciplines through distance mode. Candidates, who are unable to accomplish their studies due to their inability or those who have left their college due to their job/work can now complete their PG degree from the University of Burdwan, West Bengal.
Candidates who are eligible to apply must submit their University of Burdwan PG application form on or before the due date. Check here are all the details about the distance learning program for PG degree commenced by the University of Burdwan.
Table of Contents
List of the entire Subjects/courses available in PG through distance learning:
- Master of Arts (M.A.) in Bengali, English, History, Philosophy, Political Science and Sanskrit.
- Master of Arts (M.A.) /Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Mathematics
- Master of Commerce (M.Com.)
- Master of Science (M.Sc.) in Computer Science
Important Dates concerning University of Burdwan PG Admission 2023
It is worth noting that all the University of Burdwan PG admission 2023 dates and months which have been given in the below table are subject to change at any time without any prior notice.
|Sr.No.||Name of the Events||Dates|
|1||Date of Admission Notification||September 2023|
|2||Date of downloading the Application Form||September 2023|
|3||Date of submitting the Application Form||September 2023|
|4||Commencement of the open exam||October 2023|
|5||Publishing of the merit||November 2023|
There are various PG courses for distance learning which candidates can apply online for. All the essential details regarding the University of Burdwan PG admission 2023 eligibility criteria for such courses have been given below-
For ‘Master of Arts’
- Candidates must be a minimum Second Class Honors (Regular or Special) Graduate in the relevant subject.
- Candidate, who is an MA in a subject and he is willing to do MA in another subject which is offered through Distance Mode.
For Master of Arts /Master of Science (Mathematics)
- Must be a Second Class Honors (Regular or Special) graduate in Mathematics
- BA/B.Sc. graduate having mathematics as one of the subjects
For Master of Commerce (M.Com)
- Candidates must have a minimum second class honors (Regular or Special) graduation in Commerce.
- A commerce graduate from any recognized institute, who has subsequently passed one-year bridge course in Commerce.
For Master of Computer Science
- Candidates need to have B.Sc. (Honors) in Computer Science from any institute recognized by the board
- Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA) or Bachelor of Science in Mathematics / Statistics /Electronics /Physics /Chemistry with Computer Science as one of the combination subject.
How to fill and submit the University of Burdwan PG 2023 Application form?
- Candidates need to fill and submit the application forms online. No offline forms will be accepted which are sent via post.
- Candidates need to fill all the details in the application form along with their centre of study.
- Candidates need to be very cautious while giving their mobile number in the application form as they will be sent one time password on that number with which they will verify their registration.
- After making the submission of the application form, candidates will be issued an online registration ID.
- Candidates will be asked to take the printout of the challan form to deposit the fee in any branch of State bank of India.
- After submitting the fee, candidates will be given the journal number and that will have to be verified online.
- Candidates will have to upload their photograph and scanned signature in the online application form.
- Candidates need to go at the nearby study centre which they have applied for with all the original documents and bank challan.
- Candidates’ admission will be confirmed only after their documents are verified at the study centre.
- The 60% seats of the university for the distance learning PG Course are reserved for the undergraduates of University’s affiliated colleges.
- The 40% seats will be filled thru the open admission.
- There will be an open admission test which will be comprised of multiple-choice questions.
- After the commencement of the open examination, the merit will be made based on the score of the candidates on the basis of 10+2+3 pattern.