The Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU) invites application form the interested candidates. The application form is expecting to release through online mode from October 2022. The candidates can apply for the admission on the basis of their marks in their graduation or post graduation degree. Candidates are suggested make sure of their eligibility before applying for the admissions. Complete information related to the TNOU B.Ed admission 2023 such as application process, basic eligibility, merit preparation, etc can be found from this article.
Table of Contents
TNOU B.Ed 2023 Overview
|Name of the exam||TNOU B.Ed Entrance Test 2023|
|Who conducts the exam?||Tamil Nadu Open University (TNOU)|
|Mode of application||online|
|Basis of admission||Based on merit in the qualifying exam|
TNOU B.Ed Admission 2023 Schedule
The official dates for TNOU B.Ed Spl. Ed. Admission 2023 is provided below.
|Application form issue from||October 2022|
|Online application form end by||November 2022|
|Eligibility list uploaded for B.Ed. Special Education Examination||November 2022|
|Merit list||January 2023|
|Commencement of the Programme||January 2023|
Eligibility Criteria for TNOU B.Ed Admission 2023
Candidates who fulfill the eligibility conditions mentioned below can apply for the TNOU B.Ed 2023 Admission:
- A bachelor’s and/ or master’s degree in Science/ Social Sciences/ Humanity with at least 50% marks in aggregate or equivalent is required.
- Candidates with Bachelor in Engineering or Technology with specialization in Science and Mathematics scoring not less than 55% marks in aggregate or equivalent are eligible too.
- Those who have completed a NCTE recognized teacher education programme through face-to-face mode can apply too.
- The candidates must be trained in-service teachers in elementary education in any Government recognized school of Tamil Nadu state.
- It is mandatory to clear the UG degree examination in 11+1+3 or 10+2+3 pattern.
- A post graduation degree is must for admission with Commerce and Economic as major subject.
- Candidates who have passed a degree under Additional Degree Programme of duration less than three years cannot apply for admission.
TNOU B.Ed 2023 Application Form
The interested candidates will be able to fill and submit the application form for the TNOU B.Ed Spl. Ed. Admission 2023 from October 2022. The application form will be made available on the official website of the university www.tnou.ac.in.
- Basic personal details of the candidates such as name, gender, date of birth, category, etc will be asked in the application form.
- Details about academics like qualifying exam passing year, mark obtained should also be provided in the application form.
- In addition to this, the candidates will also have to provide their photograph and signature in scanned format into the application form.
- Choice for major subject and for medium of instructions should also be provided by the candidates into the form.
- Once all the details are entered carefully into the application form, the candidates should submit it on or before the prescribed last date.
- Along with the form, the candidates also need to submit a required amount of application fee.
- The candidates should keep a printout of the duly filled application form with them for future reference.
- The application fee for the TNOU B.Ed admission is expected to be Rs. 500/-.
- Payment of the fee can be done through online mode using the facility of net banking or debit card/ credit card.
TNOU B.Ed 2023 Merit List
- After the last date of receiving the application form is over, the authorities will start the preparation of merit list.
- Only the names of such candidates will be included in the merit list who submit their application on time.
- The list will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in their qualifying exam (UG or PG as applicable).
- After preparation, the list will be uploaded on the official website of the university and can be checked by the candidates.
- The further process of the admission will be carried out as per the names of the candidates in the list.
TNOU B.Ed Admission 2023 Process
- Candidates will be invited to attend the admission round in the order of their ranking in the merit list.
- Details about the admission process will be communicated to the candidates through the university’s website.
- Candidates must report for the admission process carrying all the important documents in original and photocopy.
- Eligibility of the candidates and the documents will be verified after which seats will be allotted to them.
- Candidates will be allowed to provide their choice for the study center in which they seek admission.
- Allotment of seats will be done on the basis of candidates’ merit, their choice and availability of seat.
The following documents in original and photocopy should be carrying by the candidates at the time of reporting for the admission process:
- Mark sheet of class 10th, class 12th and qualifying exam
- D.T.Ed certificate
- Aadhaar card
- Provisional/ original qualifying degree certificate
- M.Phil/ PhD degree certificate, if applicable
- Caste certificate for BC-O/ BC-M/ SC-O/ SC-A/ ST/ MBC & DNC category candidates
- Disability certificate for Physically Handicapped candidates
- Ex-Serviceman certificate issued by the Competent Authority, if applicable
- Sports Certificate, if applicable
- NSS/ NCC certificate, if applicable
- Forms 1 2 and 3 (format can be found at the end of official information brochure)
- 2 copies of recent passport size photographs
- Demand Draft or Challan for Rs. 50000/- towards programme fee drawn in favor of ‘Tamil Nadu Open University’ payable at Chennai
Question 1: Is there any entrance exam conducted for TNOU B.Ed admission?
Answer: No entrance exam will be conducted by the university for admission to the B.Ed course of TNOU. Selection of the candidates will be done on the basis of qualifying exam marks.
Question 2: Can I make correction in application form after its submission?
Answer: No. Once the application is submitted no change in it will be possible. Therefore makes sure that you do not make any mistake while filling the application form.
Question 3: How will I know if I am shortlisted for admission or not?
Answer: If you are shortlisted for the B.Ed admission, your name will appear in the merit list uploaded on the university’s website.
Question 4: What if I forget to carry any document while appearing for the admission process?
Answer: You might be denied admission in such case. Selection of the candidates is strictly a subject to the verification of all the major documents.
Question 5: What is the medium of instruction in the university for the B.Ed course?
Answer: The B.Ed degree programme is offered to the candidates in English and Tamil language.
Check: All B.Ed entrance tests
2 thoughts on “TNOU B.Ed Admission 2023: Application Form, Eligibility Criteria, Exam Date”
sir i was applyed spl b.ed course.please tell me the entrace exam eligibility list -2023
Please send me the details