Rajiv Gandhi Rural Housing Corporation Limited (RGRHCL) is a housing scheme found by the state government of Karnataka to provide affordable housing to people belong to backward and economically weaker sections. It is one of the 6 affordable housing schemes implemented by the state government. The government has also established a dedicated portal to help people understand and be a part of the scheme. Also known as Basava Vasati Yojana, the applicants under the scheme will get financial benefits from the Karnataka government for building pucca houses. A list of selected beneficiaries will be published on the RGRHCL website and the applicants will be able to check it out using their beneficiary code. Get complete details related to RGRHCL List 2023 and other information about the scheme here from this article.
Table of Contents
Basava Vasati Yojana – Overview
|Name of Scheme||RGRHCL Housing Scheme|
|Also known as||Basava Vasati Yojana|
|Launch Date||FY 2000|
|Implemented by||State Govt.|
|Objective||To provide homes at affordable prices to people of economically weaker sections and backward communities.|
|Beneficiaries||BPL, SC, ST, OBC category people|
- The RGRHCL housing scheme falls under the state government of Karnataka.
- Economically weaker sections of the state will be able to afford housing at cheaper rates as 85% of the raw material will be provided by the state government.
- It is also known as Basava Vasati scheme and is managed by the Rajiv Gandhi Rural Housing Corporation Limited (RGRHCL) set up by the Karnataka state government.
- A budget of around 2500 crores is set by the government to provide assistance to build over 2 lakh houses in the state.
- The scheme is associated with other housing schemes to provide maximum benefits to the beneficiaries.
How to check the RGRHCL List 2023?
The beneficiaries for the Rajiv Gandhi Rural Housing Corporation Limited will be selected by the Gram Sabha through a lottery system. A Block Development Officer will then visit the beneficiaries’ correspondence address for verification and submit their name in Form-17 which is later forwarded to the executive officer. The final beneficiary list will be made available in the local block development office and also published on the official website. Once published, the applicants can check the RGRHCL List 2023 by following the steps below:
- Go to the official website of Rajiv Gandhi Housing Corporation Limited www.ashraya.karnataka.gov.in.
- From the top menu, select Beneficiary Status and the beneficiary status page will open on the screen.
- Select your district and enter your beneficiary code. Click on the Submit button.
- You can now check the status of your RGRHCL scheme and whether you have been included in the list or not.
Benefits & Beneficiaries of RGRHCL Yojana
The objective behind launching the RGRHCL housing scheme is to help economically weaker people of the Karnataka state to build their pucca houses at a minimal price. Under the scheme, the applicant will be provided up to 85% of the raw material for the construction of their house. To get benefits of the scheme, all one need to do is apply online by filling and submitting the Form 1 and fulfill the described eligibility criteria. The major beneficiaries of this scheme will be the people belonging to the following categories:
- Below poverty line (BPL)
- Schedule Caste (SC)
- Schedule Tribe (ST)
- Other Backwards Class (OBC)
Eligibility Criteria for Basava Vasati Yojana 2023
The government of Karnataka has laid down the following eligibility criteria to apply under RGRHCL yojana 2023:
- The applicant should be a permanent resident of Karnataka state.
- Annual family income of the applicant must not exceed Rs. 32000/-.
- Candidates should not own a pucca house anywhere in the state or country.
- They must own a kutcha house or some land where to build the pucca house.
RGRHCL 2023 Application Process
- The application form for RGRHCL scheme can be filled online from the official website.
- Click on the online application link and enter the details asked in the form.
- The form is usually made available in the month of January every year.
- Upload the required documents to complete the application process.
- Only those applicants who submit their form will be considered while making the RGRHCL list 2023.
The following documents need to be uploaded in the application form to complete the Basava Vasati Yojana application process:
- Aadhaar card
- Address proof
- Age proof
- Income proof
- Passport-sized photo
RGRHCL List 2023 Selection Process
Beneficiaries under the Basava Vasati Yojana 2023 for the rural housing schemes will be selected by the Gram Sabha or Ashraya Committees through a proper lottery system. The selection process will be carried out with total transparency. The selected applicants will have to undergo verification after which their names will be included in the RGRHCL List 2023.
- Address: Cauvery Bhavan, 9th Floor, C & F Block, K. G. Road, Bengaluru – 560 009
- Tel no.: 91 080 22106888, 91 080 23118888
- Fax: 91 080 22247317
- Email id: [email protected]
- Website: https://ashraya.karnataka.gov.in
Frequently Asked Questions
No the application form will only be released through online mode.
You can contact the RGRHCL office via the phone number, or email address mentioned above.