I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar will manage the PTU Exam 2024. The aim of this admission process is to shortlist candidates looking to get admission into the university. The university offers a large number of UG and PG courses in the field of engineering, management, science, etc.
You should note that the university will not conduct any entrance tests. The admission will be provided on the basis of qualifying exam merit and various other state and national level examinations. In this article, we will provide you with complete details related to the PTU Admission 2024 in an accurate manner.
Table of Contents
The list of courses offered by the I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University is as follows.
- B.Tech. – Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, Civil Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Mechanical Engineering.
- M.Tech. – Civil Engineering (Geotechnical Engineering), Computer Science & Engineering, Electrical Engineering (Power Systems and Renewable Energy), Electronics & Communication Engineering (Wireless Communications), Mechanical Engineering (Manufacturing Engineering & Automation)
- B.A. – Journalism and Mass Communication
- M.A. – Journalism and Mass Communication
- BBA – Bachelor of Business Administration
- MBA- Master of Business Administration
- BCA – Bachelor of Computer Applications
- BHMCT – Bachelor of Hotel Management & Catering Technology
- B.Sc. – Non-Medical
- B.Sc. (Honours) – Chemistry, Food Technology, Mathemacs, Physics
- M.Sc. – Chemistry, Clinical Research, Environmental Science, Food Technology, Mathematics, Physics
PTU Exam 2024 Important Dates
The tentative schedule of PTU Admission is explained below.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of the registration process||2nd week of May 2024|
|Last date for the merit preparation process||1st week of July 2024|
|Preparation of the merit list and rank card||June 2024/ July 2024|
|Choice filling||3rd week of June 2024 to 2nd week of July 2024|
|1st round of counselling||4th week of June 2024 to 3rd week of July 2024|
|Reporting for the admission||4th week of June 2024 to 1st week of August 2024|
The eligibility criteria depend upon the course for which you are looking to apply.
- Candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Aspirants who have passed the 10+3 Diploma Examination with Mathematics as a compulsory subject are also eligible.
- Must have passed the 10+2 examination with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category)
- Candidates with D.Voc. Stream in the same or allied sector are eligible.
- Candidates must have passed the 10+2 examination with Physics/ Mathematics/ Chemistry/ Computer Science/ Electronics/ Information Technology/ Biology/ Informatics Practices/ Biotechnology/ Technical Vocational subject/ Agriculture/ Engineering Graphics/ Business Studies/ Entrepreneurship with a minimum of 45% marks (40% marks in case of candidates belonging to reserved category).
- Aspirants with a 3-year diploma with at least 45% marks (40% in case of candidates belonging to reserved category) in a relevant branch of engineering can also apply.
Bachelor of Arts (Journalism and Mass Communication)
- Candidates who have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination in any stream conducted by a recognized Board/ University/ Council are also eligible.
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Candidates who cleared 10+2 or its equivalent examination in any stream conducted by a recognized Board/ University/ Council are eligible.
Bachelor of Computer Applications
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 or its equivalent examination in any stream conducted by a recognized Board.
PTU Application Form 2024
The step-by-step process to submit the PTU application process is explained below.
- First of all, you need to visit the official website of the university at www.ptu.ac.in.
- Click on the “Admissions” tab on the homepage. Choose the admission session from the available option.
- Select the course you wish to apply for and click on the “Apply Now” button.
- Fill in the required details in the online application form, such as personal information, academic qualifications, and contact information.
- Upload the necessary documents, such as passport-size photographs, signatures, and scanned copies of academic certificates.
- Pay the application fee using the available payment options.
- Review the application form and make sure all the details are correct.
- Take a printout of the application form and fee receipt for future reference.
- The registration fee is Rs. 2000/- (Non-Refundable). This fee will be adjusted with the course fees at the time of the admission.
Result and Cut Off
- I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University will release the merit list for admission.
- The merit lists will be based on qualifying examination results. Candidates with a better score in the qualifying exam will get a better merit position.
- The university will provide a unique rank to each candidate based on their score.
- The merit list will be published on the official website. So, aspirants should keep on looking at the official website after the application form submission.
I.K. Gujral Punjab Technical University Counselling
- After the release of the merit list, the university will call candidates for counselling.
- The candidates will be called on the basis of the merit list and ranks.
- During the counselling process, candidates will provide their course preferences. Students will have the opportunity to choose the course they want to pursue.
- Admission will be provided after the verification of documents. The following documents will be required at the time of the admission.
- Matriculation Certificate (DMC) containing the date of birth and other basic credentials.
- Detailed Marks Card of the qualifying examination.
- Domicile Certificate / Residence Certificate.
- Aadhaar Card.
- Character Certificate from the Principal of the Institution last attended.
- Migration Certificate of Qualifying Exam (Not required if a qualifying exam is passed from IKGPTU).
- Reserve Category / Sub-category Certificate from the Competent Authority (if applicable).
- Rural Area Certificate (as applicable)
- Income Certificate (As applicable).
- Medical Fitness Certificate as per format annexed to this information brochure.
- Gap Certificate (if applicable).
- Four recent passport-size photographs.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, the university follows the reservation policy as defined by the government of Punjab.
Yes, the university offers scholarships to deserving students based on their performance in academics and other criteria.
No, the university will not conduct any entrance exam of its own.
Yes, they can apply for 15% open seats.
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here