The candidates aspiring to become a teacher can apply for the admissions into B.Ed degree course offered by the Osmania University. The admissions will be offered on the basis of performance in the entrance exam conducted by the university. The interested candidates can apply for the admissions in online mode most probably from the month of December 2019. The candidates can find the important details related to the Osmania University B.Ed Admission 2019 (Distance) process such as exam pattern, eligibility criteria, application form, etc from this article.
Latest: Osmania University has released the B.Ed application form for 2018-19 session. The last date for online registration and submission of filled-in application form is 15th February 2019. Read information brochure
Given below are the tentative dates related to Osmania University B.Ed Admission 2019. The exact dates will be updated after the official announcement.
|Availability of online application form||December 2019|
|Last date to submit the application form||January 2020|
|Issue of admit cards||January 2020|
|Date of entrance exam||February 2020|
|Announcement of result||Yet to be notified|
Application Form for Osmania University B.Ed Admission 2019 (Distance)
The application form will be made available for download on the official website of the university www.osmania.ac.in or ouadmissions.com. An ICAR sheet along with the application form will be available for download on the website along with the application form.
- The candidates should carefully provide all the important information asked into the application form.
- Important information includes the personal and educational details of the candidates.
- The candidates must also affix their photograph and put their signature into the form at the specified places.
- After providing all the details into the form, the candidates must submit it to the university address along with the DD of prescribed application fee.
- A copy of the application form must also be retained by the candidates in case of future reference.
- The hard copy of application form and the demand draft must be sent via post or in person to the given address so as to reach before the last date of application submission.
Director, Directorate of Admissions,
Near PGRR Centre for Distance Education
- The application fee for Osmania University B.Ed Admission 2019 will be Rs.500/-.
- The fee payment can be done via demand draft drawn on any nationalized bank in favor of the Director, Directorate of Admissions, Osmania University payable at Hyderabad.
The below-mentioned eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the candidates who wish to appear for the Osmania University B.Ed entrance exam 2019: Candidates who are capable to meet the following three conditions can apply for B.Ed (ODL) programme:
- Candidates should be a Trained In-Service Teachers who are working in Government recognized schools in Telangana State.
- Candidates need to complete a NCTE recognized Teacher Education programme like TTC/D.Ed or any other programme via face to face mode.
- A recognized Bachelor’s degree such as B.Sc/BA/BCom or any other equivalent programme with minimum 50% marks in aggregate. However, candidates of the reserved category such as SC/ST/BC and other reserved categories need to score at least 40% marks in the qualifying exam.
According to the direction of NCTE New Delhi, the expected intake for the B.Ed (ODL) course is 500. Those 500 seats would be allocated to ten study centres situated in OU jurisdiction, based on the number of admissions in each study centre. 50 students are given to each study centre in a given session.
The prescribed duration of the course is 2 years. However, candidates can complete the course within a maximum time period of 5 years.
The pattern for Osmania University B.Ed entrance exam 2019 is provided below:
- Duration of test: 90 minutes
- Number of questions: 100
- Type of questions: Objective type
- Total marks: 100
- Marking scheme: 1 mark will be awarded for each right answer.
|Subject||No. of questions||Maximum Marks|
|Mathematics/ Biological Sciences/ Physical Sciences/ Social Studies||60||60|
- The admit card to appear for the exam will be released a few weeks before the commencement of the test.
- The important details related to the exam such as center and time will be mentioned on the admit card.
- The candidates must carry the admit card to the exam center or else they will not be allowed to appear for the exam.
- The candidates should preserve their admit card till the complete process of admission is over.
Result & Counseling
- The result of the entrance exam will be announced in online mode and the candidates can check it by visiting the official website.
- The candidates who are declared as qualified will be offered admissions into the distance B.Ed course offered by the university.
- Merit list of the candidates will be prepared on the basis of their marks in the entrance test and they will be invited for counseling.
- The eligibility and documents of the candidates will be verified and the candidates will be offered final admissions after the successful verification.