The NIT Uttarakhand offers the candidates admission into its PhD degree course on the basis of test and interview. Interested candidates who meet the specified eligibility criteria can apply for admission. Admissions are given twice a year, one for even semester and other for odd semester. The institute will release the application form for admission through online mode. Complete information related to the NIT Uttarakhand PhD Admission 2022 such as application process, eligibility criteria, result, etc can be found from this article.
NIT Uttarakhand PhD Admission Important Dates 2022
The table below presents the tentative dates related to NIT Uttarakhand PhD Admission 2022:
|For even semester||For odd semester|
|Release of application form||To be notified later||To be notified later|
|Last date to submit the application form||February 2022, 1st week||July 2022, last week|
|Display of list of candidates shortlisted for exam & interview||February 2022, 2nd week||August 2022, 2nd week|
|Document verification, entrance test & interview||To be notified later||To be notified later|
|Result declaration||To be notified later||To be notified later|
|Starting of admission process||To be notified later||To be notified later|
Eligibility Criteria for NIT Uttarakhand PhD Admission 2022
The following eligibility criteria have been laid down for applying to the NIT Uttarakhand PhD Admission 2022:
- A master’s degree in the concerned or an allied subject with a minimum first class (CPI or CGPA greater than 6.75 on a 10-point scale) and GATE/ NET (CSIR/ UGC/ LS) in the concerned subject or discipline is required.
- Candidates with a bachelor’s degree with minimum first class (CPI or CGPA greater than 6.75 on a 10-point scale) with at least 55% marks at master’s level and GATE/ NET (CSIR/ UGC/ LS) in the concerned subject or discipline are eligible too.
|Department||Minimum Educational Qualification|
|Civil||ME/ M.Tech or MS/ M.Sc (Engineering) in relevant engineering and technology disciplines|
|CSE||BE/ B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering/ Computer Engineering/ Information Technology/ Communication & Computer Engineering/ Electronics & Communication Engineering|
ME/ M.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering/ Computer Engineering/ Software Engineering/ Information Technology/ Information Security/ VLSI
|ECE||BE/ B.Tech and M.Tech in Electrical/ Electronics/ Computer/ Communication/ Telecommunication/ Instrumentation/ Control/ Signal Processing/ Microelectronics or equivalent discipline consistent with research areas of the department.|
|EEE||ME/ M.Tech or equivalent degree in respective & relevant Engineering disciplines|
|Mechanical||B.Tech/ M.Tech degree or equivalent in Mechanical/ Industrial/ Production Engineering/ Manufacturing Engineering/ Automobile Engineering or equivalent discipline consistent with research areas of the department|
|Physics||M.Sc in Physics/ Applied Physics/ Engineering Physics/ Allied areas of Physics/ Interdisciplinary areas in Physical Sciences|
M.Tech or equivalent in Materials Science/ Solid State Physics/ Optics/ Nanotechnology/ Allied areas of Physics/ Interdisciplinary areas in Physical Sciences or equivalent discipline consistent with research areas of the department
|Chemistry||M.Sc in Inorganic Chemistry/ Organic Chemistry/ Physical Chemistry/ Analytical Chemistry/ Nuclear Chemistry/ Medicinal Chemistry/ Environmental Chemistry and related disciplines with Chemistry as one of the optional subjects|
|Mathematics||MA/ M.Sc in Mathematics/ Applied Mathematics|
|English||MA in English or equivalent degree with 6.75 CGPA on a 10-point scale or 60% marks|
NIT Uttarakhand PhD Admission 2022 Application Process
- The application form for appearing in the NIT Uttarakhand PhD entrance test can be downloaded from the official website of the institute www.nituk.ac.in.
- To fill the application form, the candidates will have to provide details like their name, date of birth, category, gender, nationality, contact details, etc.
- Details of educational qualification from Matriculation onwards like name of University/ Institute, year of passing, percentage of marks obtained, etc will be asked.
- Information regarding GATE or NET (CSIR/ UGC/ LS) or any other equivalent exam and details of professional work/ research experience will be asked as well.
- Photograph of the candidates should be duly pasted in the provided space and the candidates should provide their signature in the form.
- Duly filled application form should then be submitted to the institute along with copies of important documents and receipt of application fee.
- The form and the enclosures should be sent by registered or speed post/courier/by hand to Assistant Registrar (Academic), NIT Uttarakhand.
- A copy of the filled-in application form should be kept by the candidates too for self-reference purpose.
- The application fee for NIT Uttarakhand PhD entrance exam will be Rs. 500/- and payment can be done online.
- Following are the account details for payment of application fees- SBI bank A/C No: 37530602667, Name of A/C holder: Director, NIT Uttarakhand and IFSC Code: SBIN0003181.
Self-attested copies of the following documents should be enclosed with the application form before sending it to the institute:
- Photo identity card (Aadhar Card/ Driving License)
- High school (class 10th) certificate
- Undergraduate degree certificate and all mark sheet(s)
- Postgraduate degree certificate and mark sheet
- GATE score card or NET (CSIR/ UGC/ LS) qualifying certificate
- Caste certificate (if applicable)
- EWS certificate (if applicable)
- PWD certificate (if applicable)
- TC/ Migration Certificate
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from the current employer, if employed
- Teaching/ research experience certificate (if any)
- Profile of the Organization/ Employer in case of SRS category candidate
- Credentials including AICTE recognized short-term courses attended, research publications, professional qualifications etc
- Receipt of payment of application fee
NIT Uttarakhand PhD Document Verification, Entrance Exam and Interview
- A list of candidates who are shortlisted for attending the entrance test and interview will be made and published on the official website.
- Such candidates need to report to the exam center for entrance test and interview along with their documents in original.
- Documents will be verified only after which the candidates will be allowed to sit for the exam.
- The exam will be conducted as per the schedule notified and objective type questions as per GATE/ NET syllabus will be asked in the entrance test.
- Interview of the candidates who secure more than 40% marks in the entrance test will be conducted after that.
NIT Uttarakhand PhD Result & Admission Process 2022
- Result of entrance test and interview will be declared online around 10 days after the interview round.
- Candidates who score more than the given cut-off will be selected for offering admission to PhD program.
- The selected candidates will be informed through an official letter by the institute and the list will also be displayed on the institute’s website.
- Such candidates need to report to the institute and complete all the formalities of admission.
NIT Uttarakhand PhD Admission 2022 FAQs
Is there any exemption from appearing in the GATE/ NET exam for admission to NIT Uttarakhand?
Relaxation from the requirement of GATE/ NET will be given only for admission into part-time PhD program, for candidates with two years of experience in reputed Academic/ Industrial Organizations or Govt. funded Research Projects.
Will I get any call letter for appearing in the entrance test and interview?
List of names of candidates will be displayed on the official website of institute and no separate letter/ communication will be made to any individual for entrance test and interview.
What if due to postal issue my application is not submitted in time?
Application forms received after the deadline will not be considered for short listing and no amount of fees will be refunded to the candidate.
What happens if I am unable to report for the admission in given time?
Candidates who fail to report for the admission in given time, their candidature will be canceled. No request for re-conducting the admission formalities for such candidates will be entertained.
I have not completed my qualifying degree yet. Can I still apply for the exam?
Candidates who will appear in their qualifying exam in the year 2022 can apply for admission. However, such candidates must clear their exam before the admission process begins.