NIOS Admission 2024: Many students are confused regarding the procedure need to be followed by them to get admission into the Secondary (10th) and Senior Secondary (12th) Courses in National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS). If you are one of them then this post will provide you with all possible information associated with NIOS admission 2024.
Interested and willing candidate, who want to purse class 10th or 12th course from National Open School they need to apply in online mode only. The authority conducts the public exam twice in a year i.e. in the month of April/May and October/November. Candidates have one of the options of the application provided below:
- They may directly apply for the online admission simply by going through the official web portal of National Open School. Or,
- They may visit the nearest Accreditation institutions (study-centre)/Facilitation centre and take help during online registration. Or,
- They may simply go to one of the regional centres of NIOS located across the country and become aware with the procedure of NIOS online admission.
Table of Contents
NIOS Admission 2024 Eligibility Criteria
For getting admission into secondary and senior secondary courses under National Institute of Open Schooling, candidates are required to satisfy the below mentioned eligibility conditions:
Minimum Educational Qualification
- Secondary Course: Candidates, having minimum class 8th certificate, can apply for the secondary course.
- Senior Secondary Course: In order to get admitted into the senior secondary course, candidates need to pass at least class 10th or its equivalent exam from a recognized board or institution.
There are no upper age criteria for getting admission; however, the minimum age limit is 14 years for the secondary course and 15 years for the senior secondary course.
NIOS Admission 2024 Important Dates
Check out below all important dates associated with NIOS admission 2024:
Dates for Stream 1 (All Learners)
|Sl. No||Fee Information||Beginning Date||End date|
|1.||without any late fee||March 2024||July 2024|
|2.||Along with late fee amounting Rs.200/-||August 2024||August 2024|
|3.||Along with late fee amounting Rs. 400/-||August 2024||August 2024|
|4.||Along with late fee amounting Rs. 700/-||September 2024||September 2024|
|Sl. No||Fee Information||Beginning Date||End date|
|1.||without any late fee||September 2024||January 2025|
|2.||Along with late fee amounting Rs.200/-||February 2025||February 2025|
|3.||Along with late fee amounting Rs. 400/-||February 2025||February 2025|
|4.||Along with late fee amounting Rs. 700/-||March 2025||March 2025|
Dates for Stream 2: Candidates are eligible to apply for admission in between the given deadline in online mode.
Dates for Stream 3: All through the year
Dates for Stream 4: All through the year
How to Apply for NIOS Admission 2024?
Candidates are suggested to go through the instructions provided below:
- All eligible candidates have to first visit the official web portal of NIOS i.e. http://www.nios.ac.in.
- Further, they need to go through the instruction mentioned there in order to apply for NIOS admission.
- Now, you need to hit the Apply Online or Online Application form link.
- Fill up the form with correct information.
- Make the payment of fee in online mode or by using demand draft.
- At the last, take a printout of the filled application form.
Know more- NIOS Admission Process
Candidates will have to make payment of requisite application fee by following one of the modes mentioned below:
- In online mode, by using the debit card/credit card;
- Demand Draft (DD) obtained from any nationalized bank. The draft should be in favour of Secretary NIOS payable at Concerned Regional Centre; OR
Registration Facility for NIOS Public Examination
If you want to register yourself for the NIOS public examination then you should be aware with its admission date and fee structure:
Information Related to First Public Examination
- The first public examination will be conducted in the month of April/May 2024;
- Candidates are allowed to register themselves in the month of December 2024 without late fee.
- Who forget to apply before the given timeline, they may apply by paying the late fee amount Rs.50/- per subject in the month of January 2024.
Information Related to Second Public Examination
- The exam will be conducted in the month of October to November 2024;
- Candidates are permitted to apply for the same in the month of June without late fee;
- Who forget to apply before the given timeline, they may apply by paying the late fee amount Rs.50/- per subject in the month of July 2024.
Official website to apply- Apply online
NIOS On Demand Examination System
If a learner is a registered learner of NIOS at either secondary or higher secondary level then he/she has option of availing the benefits of NIOS On-Demand Examination System (ODES). He/she is allowed to take the exam as per his/her wish. He/she can start preparing for the exam and once prepared, he/she may apply for the exam.
List of Subjects accessible for appearing through ODES at the Secondary level includes: Hindi (201), English (202), Sanskrit (209), Mathematics (211),Science & Technology (212), Social Science (213), Economics (214), Business Studies (215), Home Science (216), Psychology (222), Indian Culture and Heritage (223), Painting (225), Data Entry Operations (229)
List of Subjects accessible for appearing through ODES at the Senior Secondary level includes: Hindi (301), English (302), Sanskrit (309), Mathematics (311), Physics (312), Chemistry (313), Biology (314), History (315),Geography (316), Political Science (317), Economics (318), Business Studies (319), Accountancy (320),Home Science (321), Psychology (328), Sociology (331), Painting (332), Environmental Science (333), Mass Communication (335), Data Entry Operations (336), and Introduction to Law (338).
The On-Demand examinations for aforesaid subjects will be conducted at following centers:
- NIOS, A-31, Institutional Area, Sector 62, Noida – 201309, District Gautam Budh Nagar (Uttar Pradesh),
- All Regional Centres of NIOS, and
- 44 Kendriya Vidyalayas across India.
How to register for On Demand Registration (ODE)?
- If you want to grab this facility then you will have to register as a bonafide learner of NIOS containing a valid identity card and the Enrolment number.
- Existing learners of NIOS can register for ODES through online mode.
- In order to appear in ODE, a leaner has to bring the Original Identity Card issued by NIOS with any valid photo identity proof such as Voter Identity Card, Driving Licence, Passport, Aadhaar Card etc., and computer generated ODE registration application.
- The Examination Fee- Secondary level (Rs.500/- + Rs.200/- extra for subject involving practical) & Senior Secondary level (Rs.500/- + Rs.200/- extra for subject involving practical).
- The On Demand exam fee can be paid by using Credit Card, Debit Card or Net Banking.
Check Here- NIOS Fee Structure
NIOS Result 2024
It is most probable that National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) will announce the result of candidates in the sixth or seventh weeks of completion of the final paper. One may check his/her result by going to the official website of NIOS i.e. http://www.nios.ac.in.