Table of Contents
About Navsari Agricultural University
Navsari Agricultural University is a popular agricultural university based at Navsari in the Indian state of Gujarat. The university starting with a college of agriculture founded in the year 1965 with aims to impart higher education to students and to provide technical knowledge in them. Spread across the area of 400 hectares situated on the historic road of Dandi March, the Navsari campus has earned the status of self-governing agricultural university with result from May 1, 2004. The university’s major focus is on imparting higher education exclusively in the fields of Forestry, Agriculture, Horticulture, Fisheries and Veterinary.
The university satisfies to the requirements of the farmers of the agricultural estate in the beautiful land of Gujarat; sorghum, the Kanam zone of cotton, and pigeon pea and hill millets of tribal belt. Besides the above, this area is also well known for its forest tree species like teak, Khair, Kalam and bamboo. To give technological backup for the agricultural enlargement in its area the Navsari Agricultural University has 4 completely developed faculties of agriculture, forestry, horticulture, and Veterinary, two Zonal Research Stations (located in Navsari and Bharuch), three regional research station (Vyara, Waghai and Gandevi), three main crop based research station (sorghum, cotton, and mango), and 6 verification/testing centers.
Brief description on Navsari Agricultural University
Name: Navsari Agricultural University
Type: Public University
Affiliated by: UGC (University Grant Commission)
Associated Education colleges
- ASPEE College of Horticulture and Forestry
- N. M. College of Agriculture
- College of Forestry
- Vanbandhu College of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry
- ASPEE Institute of Agribusiness Management
- College of Agriculture, Waghai (Dangs)
- Gujarat Agricultural BioTech Institute, Surat
- College of Agriculture, Bharuch
- Polytechnic in Agriculture Maktampur, Bharuch
- Polytechnic in Agriculture Vyara, Tapi
- Agriculture Cooperation, Banking & Marketing Polytechnic, Waghai (Dangs)
- Polytechnic Agriculture Engineering Dediapada, Narmada
- Polytechnic in Horticulture, NAU, Paria (Valsad)
Available Courses at Navsari Agricultural University and their Eligibility Criteria
MBA in Agri-Business (two years)
Applicant must be graduate degree holder in Agriculture/ Forestry/ Horticulture/ ABM/ veterinary/ Agricultural Information Technology or associated sciences or have done graduatation in Biological Sciences (Biotechnology, Botany, Biochemistry, Microbiology, and Bioinformatics) or done a graduate in Business Administration or Business Management with minimum of 55 % marks for general category candidates. There is relaxation of 5% for candidate belonging to SC/ST/PC/SEBC categories.
- Veterinary Sciences
Bachelor of Veterinary Science (Bvsc) and A.H (5 years)
Applicant must have passed 10+2 with qualifying marks
Master of Veterinary Science (Mvsc) – two years
Applicant must be cleared Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry.
Doctor of Philosophy in Veterinary Science – three years
The applicant should hold Master’s degree in allied subject with OGPA of 6.50 out of 10.00 or its correspondent i.e. 65% (There is relaxation of 60% or 6.0 out of 10.00 for SC / ST/SEBC candidates).
- Agriculture- four Courses
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc Honors in Agriculture)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc in Agricultural Biotechnology)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc Honors in Horticulture)
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc Honors inForestry)
- The candidate must have Gujarat Domicile
- Applicant must have cleared Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination or 10+2 in Science stream with PCM/ PCB/PCBM with English as a mandatory subject from any legal University / Gujarat Board/ any other board in State or Examinations acknowledged as equivalent thereto by the University.
Master of Science in Agriculture (three courses)
- Master of Science in Agriculture
- Master of Science in Horticulture
- Master of Science in Forestry
Candidate should be qualified four years Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture / Agril InfoTechnology/ Horticulture.
M.Phil/Ph.D – (Three courses)
Doctor of Philosophy in Agriculture (3 years)
Doctor of Philosophy in Horticulture (3 years)
Doctor of Philosophy in Forestry (3 years)
The candidates seeking admission in Ph. D degree programme must hold Master’s degree in associated subject with minimum OGPA of 6.50 out of 10.00 or its correspondent i.e. 65% (60% or 6.0 out of 10.00 for candidates belonging to SC / ST/SEBC).
Contact details Navsari Agriculture University
Dandi Rd, Navsari, Gujarat
India – 396450
Phone number: 02637-282823
Website address: http://www.nau.in