Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Protection Department shoulders the responsibility of issuing and managing ration cards in the state of Maharashtra. Those who have a ration card can check their names in Maharashtra Ration Card List 2022. The aim of issuing Ration cards is to provide commodities such as wheat, rice, sugar, Kerosene, etc. to the people of Maharashtra at a discounted rate. To help the people of the state, government has uploaded the complete Maharashtra Ration Card list 2022 online. In this post, we will provide all the necessary details about Maharashtra Ration Card 2022 along with the process to check your name in the ration card list.
Maharashtra Ration Card List 2022 Highlights
Some important basic details related to Maharashtra Ration Card 2022 are given in the table below.
|Name of the scheme||Maharashtra Ration Card List 2022|
|Department||Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department|
|Category of the scheme||Maharashtra State Government Scheme|
|Beneficiaries||People of Maharashtra|
|Aim of the scheme||To provide subsidized ration card to the people of the state of Maharashtra|
Type of Ration Cards in Maharashtra
The government of Maharashtra issues the following types of Ration cards in the state.
Antyodaya Anna Yojana (AAY) Ration Cards
These types of ration cards are given to those poor families who are recognized as impoverished by the state government. Those families who don’t have any stable income are covered under this ration card. All unemployed men, women, and old aged people fall under this category. These cardholders can get up to 35 kg of food grains at discounted prices. The colour of AAY ration card is Saffron.
Priority Household Ration Cards (PHH)
Those families who are not covered under AAY fall under the PHH category. Foodgrains are provided by the state government to these cardholders under Targeted Public Distribution System (TPDS). Families who have PHH card can get 5kg of food grain per person at a subsidized rate. The colour of this ration card is White.
Below Poverty Line – BPL Ration Cards
These are special ration cards given to those families who are living under the poverty line. Please note that the poverty line is different for rural and urban area. The ration provided to these card holders are often free or very heavily discounted. The color of the BPL ration card is Yellow.
Ration Prices for Different Ration cardholders
The rate of ration for different ration cardholders is given below.
|Ration Items||AAY Card||PHH Cards||BPL Cards|
|Wheat||Rs. 3 Per Kg||Rs. 3 Per Kg||–|
|Rice||Rs. 2 Per Kg||Rs. 2 Per Kg||–|
|Cold Grain||Rs. 1 Per Kg||Rs. 1 Per Kg||–|
|Sugar||Rs. 20 Per Kg||–||–|
How to check Maharashtra Ration Card List 2022 online?
Those who want to see their names in Maharashtra Ration Card List 2022 should follow the steps listed below.
- First of all, you will have to visit the official website of the food department of Maharashtra Government i.e. www.mahafood.gov.in.
- After opening the official website, the homepage will appear on the screen of your computer.
- On this homepage, you will find the option of Public Distribution System. You need to click on this option.
- The next page will open on your screen as soon as you click on the Public Distribution System link.
- On the next page, you will have to find and click on the District-wise Classification and Number of Ration Card Holder link.
- After that, you will have to choose the district in which you are living. Apart from this, you also need to choose the tehsil, block, etc.
- The list of Maharashtra Ration Cards 2022 will display on your screen after entering the details.
List of Districts whose Ration Cards list are available online
Given below is the list of districts whose Ration cards list are available online.
- Akola – Akola Ration Card List 2022
- Amravati – Amravati Ration Card List 2022
- Buldana – Buldana Ration Card List 2022
- Yavatmal – Yavatmal Ration Card List 2022
- Washim – Washim Ration Card List 2022
- Aurangabad – Aurangabad Ration Card List 2022
- Beed – Beed Ration Card List 2022
- Jalna – Jalna Ration Card List 2022
- Osmanabad – Osmanabad Ration Card List 2022
- Latur – Latur Ration Card List 2022
- Nanded – Nanded Ration Card List 2022
- Parbhani – Parbhani Ration Card List 2022
- Hingoli – Hingoli Ration Card List 2022
- Mumbai – Mumbai Ration Card List 2022
- Mumbai Suburban District – Mumbai Suburban District Ration Card List 2022
- Thane – Thane Ration Card List 2022
- Palghar – Palghar Ration Card List 2022
- Raigad – Raigad Ration Card List 2022
- Ratnagiri – Ratnagiri Ration Card List 2022
- Sindhudurg – Sindhudurg Ration Card List 2022
- Bhandara – Bhandara Ration Card List 2022
- Chandrapur – Chandrapur Ration Card List 2022
- Gadchiroli – Gadchiroli Ration Card List 2022
- Gondia – Gondia Ration Card List 2022
- Nagpur – Nagpur Ration Card List 2022
- Wardha – Wardha Ration Card List 2022
- Ahmednagar – Ahmednagar Ration Card List 2022
- Dhule – Dhule Ration Card List 2022
- Jalgaon – Jalgaon Ration Card List 2022
- Nandurbar – Nandurbar Ration Card List 2022
- Nashik – Nashik Ration Card List 2022
Benefits of a Maharashtra ration card 2022
Let’s take a look at some of the major benefits of a Maharashtra Ration Card.
- A ration card works as a valid Identity work proof which you can use to open a bank account, get a Sim card, etc.
- A ration card is the most important document that you need in order to get ration at a subsidized rate including wheat, rice, sugar, kerosene, etc.
- Children of those families who have BPL or AAY ration cards can apply and get scholarships with the help of these ration cards.
- A ration card can also help you get other important documents in the state such as a Voter ID card, etc.
Eligibility Criteria to get a Ration Card 2022
The eligibility criteria are different for various Ration cards in the state. Given below the eligibility criteria for different Maharashtra Ration Cards that applicants should meet.
White Ration Cards
- The family having an annual income of Rs. 1 Lakh or above are eligible to get this ration card.
- Any member of the family who possess a four-wheeler or the family aggregately holding more than 4 hectare irrigated land are eligible to get white ration cards.
Saffron Ration Cards
- The annual income of the family should be between Rs. 15000/- and Rs. 1 lakh.
- Any of the family members should not have a four wheeler mechanical vehicle (excluding taxi).
- The family must not have four hectares or more irrigated land.
Priority House Hold (P.H.H.) Cards
- The beneficiaries of a Saffron Ration card under TPDS who declared their annual income in a prescribed form in 2011 and having annual income not excess than Rs.59,000/- in urban area and not excess than Rs.44,000/- in rural area are eligible to get the benefit under Priority House Hold (PHH) Cards.
How to apply for a new Maharashtra Ration Card 2022?
Those who want to apply for a new ration card in the state of Maharashtra may follow the steps listed below.
- First and foremost, you need to visit the official portal of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department, Maharashtra Government.
- Then, on the left-hand side of the homepage, you need to click on the “Download” button. After this, an application form will open on your screen in PDF format.
- You will have to click on the link download the application form and take its printout.
- In the main application form, you need to enter all the required information and attach the necessary documents.
- The duly filled application form will all the necessary documents must be submitted to the nearest office of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department, Maharashtra Government.
In this way, you can apply for a new ration card in the state. The authorities will verify the documents and details provided. The new ration card will be generated after the successful verification of documents.
Documents Required to get a new Ration Card in Maharashtra
Let’s take a look at the documents that you need to submit along with the application form in order to get a new Maharashtra Ration Card 2022
- Address proof of the applicant (attested copy of any of the following documents – PAN Card /Driving License / Bank Passbook / Post Office Passbook /Municipal Holding receipt / Electricity Bill / Telephone Bill
- Age certificate/ school leaving certificate of the head of the family
- Identity proof of the applicant like voter ID card, driving license, Aadhaar card, etc.
- Passport size photographs of the applicant
- Self Declaration and Certificate From Pradhan/Ward Councillor.
- Income proof of the family – that income of the family should be below from the prescribed limit (in order to apply for income-based ration card)
- Self-addressed and stamped postal cover or postcard to enable the office to communicate the results to the applicant.
- Tenancy agreement (in case the applicant is a tenant)
- Copy of Tax Pay / Land Revenue Pay receipt
- Birth certificates of minor members of the family (Below 10 years in age)
- Surrender certificate of Ration Card/ Family Identity holding or non-availability certificate from the FCS & CA officials where the applicant was formerly resided.
- Aadhaar number of the family member
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: How can I submit a grievance against Maharashtra Ration Card 2022 in online mode?
Answer: It is very easy to submit a grievance against the Maharashtra Ration card through online mode. All you have to do is follow the steps listed below.
- First and foremost, you need to visit the official portal of Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Protection Department, Maharashtra Government.
- On the homepage of the official website, you will have to find and click on the online grievance redressal system link.
- Now, a new page will open on your screen.
- On this page, you will have to click on the “Report it” button.
- After that, you will get a new registration form.
- In this form, you need to provide complete details about your grievance. We recommend you provide complete information about your complaint accurately to get a quick resolution.
Question – 2: How can I check the status of my grievance submitted online?
Answer: To check the status of your grievance, you may follow the steps given below.
- First of all, you should visit the official portal of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Protection Department, Maharashtra Government.
- Now, click on the online grievance redressal system link on the homepage of the official portal.
- After that, a new page will open on your screen.
- On this new page, you need to click on the check the status of your complaint option.
- Now, on the next page, you will have to enter your complaint number and mobile number.
- This is how you can check the status of your application.
Question – 3: I can’t my name in the Maharashtra Ration Card List 2022. What should I do?
Answer: In case you can’t find your name in the Maharashtra Ration Card then you should wait for some time because it is possible that you may get your name in the updated list. If you don’t find your name even in the updated list then you should contact Food, Civil Supplies, and Consumer Protection Department, Maharashtra Government.
Question – 4: I got transferred to a new location in Maharashtra. Now, I want a new ration card. Can I keep my previous ration card and apply for a fresh one?
Answer: No, you will have to surrender your previous ration card and then apply for a new one. The surrender certificate will be required at the time of submitting the application for a new ration card.