Directorate of Technical Education, Mumbai shoulders the responsibility of managing Maharashtra Polytechnic Admission 2024. Through this process, authorities will select candidates for admission to First Year and Direct Second year of various technical diploma courses in the State of Maharashtra. A large number of government and private institutions in the state will participate in this admission process.
The Maharashtra Polytechnic application process takes place in online mode only. The application form is most likely to be available from June 2024. In this post, we are going to provide all the necessary information related to DTE Maharashtra Polytechnic Admission.
Table of Contents
Overview of Maharashtra Polytechnic Admission 2024
|Name of Admission Process
|Maharashtra Polytechnic Admission 2024
|Directorate of Technical Education, Mumbai
|Post SSC and Post HSC technical diploma courses
|Mode of Application
|Qualifying examination merit
DTE Maharashtra Polytechnic 2024 Important Dates
The official schedule of Maharashtra Polytechnic Admission 2024 is given in the following table.
|Starting of online application form submission
|Last date to submit the application form
|To be updated
|Date of Documents verification and confirmation of Application Form for Admission
|To be updated
|Display of the provisional merit list for Maharashtra State/All India candidates on website.
|To be updated
|Submission of grievance
|To be updated
|Final merit list
|To be updated
|To be updated
Maharashtra Polytechnic 2024 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria are different for all courses as shown below.
Diploma in Engineering and Technology (Post SSC Diploma)
- Candidates must have passed the 10th Std./ SSC examination or its equivalent with a minimum of 35% aggregate marks.
- For lateral entry admission to 2nd year, Candidates should have cleared 10+2 examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with Mathematics/ Biology subject. Aspirants with 10+2 Science Mathematics/ Technical/ Vocational/ 10th + ITI are also eligible.
Diploma in Pharmacy (Post HSC Diploma)
- Candidates must have passed 10+2 examination with Physics and Chemistry as compulsory subjects along with Mathematics/ Biology subject.
Diploma in Hotel Management and Catering Technology (Post HSC Diploma)
- Aspirants should have passed the 10+2/ HSC examination or its equivalent with at least 35% aggregate marks.
Maharashtra Polytechnic 2024 Application Form
To take part in the Centralized Admission Process (CAP), candidates need to submit the application form online. The complete Maharashtra Polytechnic Application Process is explained in the following points.
- To start the Maharashtra Polytechnic online application form submission, aspirants need to register themselves on the official website.
- During the sign-up or registration process, you will have to enter details like your name, email address, phone number, etc.
- The login credentials will be generated once you are done with registration. You may then use these credentials to sign in.
- Next, you will have to provide your complete academic, personal, and contact details.
- Academic Details – Qualifying exam passed, Marks secured in the qualifying exam, Name of School, etc.
- Personal Details – Name, Father’s Name, Mother’s Name, Date of Birth, etc.
- Contact Details – Phone number, email address, Permanent Address, Address of Correspondence, etc.
- Along with the details, you should also upload scanned images of all your necessary documents. A few of the documents that you need to upload are as follows.
- Class 10th Mark Sheet
- 10th Class Certificate
- Aadhar Card
- Category Certificate
- Domicile Certificate of Maharashtra State
- After uploading the images, you should pay the required application fee as per your category.
- Finally, take a printout of the application form confirmation page and fee receipt for future references.
The application fees are different for all categories as shown in the following table.
|General Category Candidates from Maharashtra State, Outside Maharashtra State (OMS), Union Territory of J & K and Ladakh Migrant candidates
|Reserved Category Candidates [SC, ST, VJ/DTNT(A), NT(B), NT(C), NT(D), OBC, SBC, EWS] & PWD Candidates belonging to Maharashtra State only.
|Post SSC Diploma in Engineering/ Technology (whose eligibility is class 10th)
|Post HSC Diploma in Pharmacy/ Surface Coating Technology/ HMCT (Eligibility is class 12th)
|Lateral Entry to SSC Diploma in Engineering/ Technology
Mode of payment – Candidates need to pay the application fee online using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
Maharashtra Polytechnic Document Verification
- After registering online, you will have to get your documents verified.
- The verification of documents will take place at the facilitation center.
- The facilitation center offers two types of document verification –
- Physical scrutiny
Note: Candidates need to specify their preferences of e-scrutiny or physical scrutiny while filling the form.
- In e-scrutiny, candidates need to upload the required documents from any computer/ Smartphone from anywhere connected to the internet.
- If you are opting for e-scrutiny, aspirants need not go in person anywhere for submission, verification, and confirmation of the application form. In case of any problem with the documents uploaded, you will have to re-upload the documents as instructed.
- For physical scrutiny, candidates shall select a convenient date & timing for online filling, scanning & uploading of required documents, verification, and confirmation of application form at FC.
- During physical scrutiny, candidates must produce relevant & valid documents to substantiate the claim made in the application form.
- Please note that your application will be confirmed after the verification of your documents by the Maharashtra Polytechnic Facilitation Center.
Result and Merit List
- After confirmation of application forms by facilitation centers, authorities will publish the provisional merit list.
- In case any candidate is not satisfied with the provisional merit list then he/ she can challenge the same.
- After considering all the challenges, authorities will publish the final merit list.
- The final merit list will have the rank of candidates on the basis of their marks in the qualifying exam.
- While preparing the merit list, authorities will follow the reservation policy of the Maharashtra Government. The number of seats reserved for candidates of different categories is given below.
- Scheduled Castes and Schedule caste converts to Buddhism (SC) – 13%
- Schedule Tribes (ST) – 7%
- De-notified Tribes (DT-A) 3%
- Nomadic Tribes ( NT-B) 2.5%
- Nomadic Tribes ( NT-C) 3.5%
- Nomadic Tribes ( NT-D) 2%
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) – 19%
Maharashtra Polytechnic Choice Filling and Locking
- After the release of the final merit list, candidates can fill the choice of colleges in which they want to study in the Maharashtra Polytechnic online option form.
- To get admission, it is mandatory for all candidates to confirm the online options form.
- You can fill a maximum of 300 choices in the options form.
- Please note that after confirmation of the option form, candidates will not be able to change the options filled by them.
- You should take a printout of the choice filled for your future references.
Maharashtra Polytechnic Seat Allotment/ Counselling (Combined Admission Process – CAP)
- The authorities will allot seats to candidates based on their ranks and preferences provided during the choice filling.
- If a candidate is satisfied with the seat allotment and does not wish to participate in further CAP rounds can freeze the offered seat through the candidate’s login.
- Candidates who want to reject the allocated seat can do so by not remitting the seat acceptance fee.
- Finally, candidates may report to the institute allotted and complete the rest of the admission formalities
Frequently Asked Question
Question – 1: Are there seats reserved for candidates from the home district in which the government institution is located?
Answer: Yes, there are seats reserved for candidates from the home district as given below.
- All Government and Government Aided Institutions including Autonomous Institutions but excluding Minority Educational Institutions – 70% of the total seats.
- Government and Aided Minority Institutions including Autonomous Institutions – 35% of the total seats.
- Government Institutions with Courses for Religious Minority Students – 21% of the total seats.
Question – 2: What documents that I need to upload in the Maharashtra Polytechnic Application Form?
Answer: You need to upload the following documents in the Maharashtra Polytechnical Application Form.
- Indian Nationality Certificate
- S.S.C. (Std. X) mark sheet
- School leaving certificate after passing SSC (Std. X)
- HSC/ HSC Vocational mark sheet
- Leaving Certificate
- Certificate of passing Intermediate Grade Drawing examination, if applicable
- Domicile Certificate
- SC/ ST/ OBC certificate
- Domicile certificate of father/mother who is an Ex service/ active defence personnel is domiciled in the state of Maharashtra (if applicable)
- PwD certificate (if applicable)
- Minority certificate (if applicable)
- EWS certificate (if applicable)
Question – 3: Can you provide the list of trades available for the Post SSC diploma under Maharashtra Polytechnic Admission?
Answer: The list of trades available under Post SSC Maharashtra Polytechnic Courses is given below.
- Leather Technology
- Apparel Manufacturing and Design
- Jewellery Design & Manufacturing
- Leather Goods and Footwear Technology
- Garment Technology
- Textile Technology
- Ophthalmic Technology
- Sugar Manufacturing
- Fashion and Clothing Technology
- Knitting Technology
- Plastic Technology
- Man Made Textile Chemistry
- Fabrication Technology and Erection Engineering
- Man Made Textile Technology
- Textile Applied Chemistry
- Petro Chemical Engineering
- Packaging Technology
- Plastic and Polymer Engineering
- Plastic Engineering
- Food Technology
- Mining and Mine Surveying
- Metallurgy Engineering
- Travel and Tourism
- Textile Manufactures
- Printing Technology
- Medical Electronics
- Dress Designing and Garment Manufacturing
- Analytical Chemistry
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Mining Engineering
Question – 4: Will there be an entrance exam to select candidates for Maharashtra Polytechnic Admissions?
Answer: No, there will not be an entrance exam to choose candidates for admission.
For Latest Updates Please Subscribe our Telegram Channel: Here