The admission into the B.Ed courses offered by the Kumaun University will be done on the basis of entrance exam. The interested candidates with an undergraduate or postgraduate degree can apply for the admissions into the B.Ed courses. The candidates can apply for the test in online mode starting from the month of February 2019. The entrance exam is expected to be held in the month of April 2019. In this article, the complete information related to Kumaun University B.Ed 2019 admission process such as eligibility requirement, exam dates, exam pattern, admit card, etc are provided
Kumaun University B.Ed Important Dates
The tentative dates related to Kumaun University B.Ed 2019 are given in the table below. These dates will be updated after the actual dates are announced officially.
|Beginning of registration process and fee payment||February 2019, 3rd week|
|Availability of online application||February 2019, 3rd week|
|Last date for registering online||March 2019, 3rd week|
|Last date to submit application fee||March 2019, 4th week|
|Last date for application form submission||March 2019, 4th week|
|Last date of submission of the form along with other documents to university by post||April 2019, 1st week|
|Issue of admit card||April 2019, 1st week|
|Date of entrance test||April 2019, 2nd week|
|Declaration of result||To be notified|
|Commencement of counseling||July 2019, 2nd week|
The application for Kumaun University B.Ed admission 2019 will be released on the official website kunainital.ac.in. Before proceeding towards filling and submission of form, the candidates will have to register and pay the application fees.
- While filling the application form, the candidates will have to provide their personal and qualification details.
- Scanned copies of photograph, signature and thumb impression will be uploaded in the form.
- Candidates will also have to upload all the documents related to their UG and PG degree program while filling up the application.
- After providing all the important details correctly into the application form, the applicants can submit it online.
- Candidate should keep a copy of printed application with them in case of future use.
- The copy of application along with photocopy of all other documents should also be sent by registered post to Registrar (Affiliation), Kumaun University, Mallital, Nainital.
- The fee for the entrance examination will be Rs. 1200/-.
- The fee can be paid through net banking/ credit card/ debit card or via Challan at any of the nearest Branch of State Bank of India.
The following eligibility criteria must be fulfilled by the candidates who wish to apply for Kumaun University B.Ed 2019:
- There is no age limit for admission to B.Ed degree program.
- The candidates should have earned their undergraduate/ postgraduate degree from a recognized institute/ university.
- The candidates belonging to general category should have secured at least 50% marks in their qualifying exam.
- The candidates belonging to reserved category (OBC/ SC/ ST) should have secured at least 45% marks in their qualifying exam.
- Candidate should not have any criminal case (ongoing or convicted in past) against him/her.
- Candidates who have been debarred by the University for using unfair means in any examination and debarred period is not over are not eligible.
- Appearing candidates who will pass their qualifying exam before the admission are also eligible.
The pattern of the Kumaun University B.Ed entrance test 2019 is given in the table below:
|Language Test||100||1: 30 hours|
|General Knowledge & Reasoning Test||100||1: 30 hours|
|Aptitude Test||100||45 minutes|
|Optional Paper(Science Group/ Arts Group/ Commerce Group)||100||45 minutes|
- The admit card for Kumaun University B.Ed 2019 entrance test will be released around a week before the commencement of entrance exams on the official website.
- The admit card can be downloaded by providing the registration number and password or name, father name and date of birth.
- The candidates must download the admit card and take its printout to be carried to the exam center.
- The candidates are required to bring a photo identity card also along with the admit card on the day of exam.
- The candidates should keep the admit card safe until the whole process of admission is complete.
The Kumaun University B.Ed entrance test 2019 is expected to be held in the following cities:
Almora, Bageshwar, Haldwani, Kashipur, Nainital, Pithoragarh, Ram Nagar, Rudrapur, Ranikhet, Khatema, Dwarahat, Lohaghat, Kichcha and Berinag
- The B.Ed entrance test result 2019 will be announced on the office website of the Kumaun University.
- The notification regarding the announcement of result will also be given in the local newspapers.
- The candidates will be able to check the result using their roll number and date of birth.
- The candidates who are declared as qualified, a merit list of such candidates will be prepared, and uploaded on the website.
- The counseling of the shortlisted candidates will commence from the month of July 2019.
Kumaun University B.Ed Counseling 2019
- The candidates who are selected for counseling will first have to make the counseling fee payment.
- After this, the candidates will have to fill the choice for institute in which they want to get admissions.
- The seat allotment will be done according to the choice made by the candidates and their name in the merit list.
- The allotment letter of the candidates will be uploaded online on the university’s website.
- The candidates should download the allotment letter and report to the allotted institute with all the other documents in original and photocopy and complete the admission formalities.