Pattern of the SBI PO is as important as the syllabus of the examination and candidates should study the examination pattern before they step to apply for SBI PO examination.
The SBI PO examination pattern will lead to the details of the sections of the exam, marking scheme, the number of questions and its distribution, and time duration for all the stages of examination etc.
Therefore, for the SBI examination candidates who wish to apply, we have provided all the essential details of the SBI PO Exam Pattern 2022 so that they can have the understanding of the examination.
There are three stages of the SBI PO examination viz. Preliemenary examination, the main Examination and last but not the least, interview/Personality Test. Candidates who clear the preliminary exam will be eligible to appear for the next selection process i.e. mains exam which is further divided into two parts, objective and descriptive. The detailed explanation of all the stages of the SBI PO examination-2022 has been given below-
Stages of the SBI PO examination
As per the SBI PO selection criteria, candidates appearing in recruitment will have to go through three stages given below.
- Stage 1: SBI PO Preliminary Examination
- Stage 2: SBI PO Main Examination
- Stage 3: Group Exercises and Interview
Pattern of SBI PO Pre Exam
|S.No.||Name of the Test/Subject||No. of Questions||Marks|
|Total||Time Duration-1 Hour||100 Questions||100 Marks|
Important points about to be noted about Preliminary Examination
- There will be 100 questions in the SBI PO preliminary examination and the time duration will be of 1 hour to solve all the questions.
- The weightage of the question paper will be 100 as each of the questions will be assigned with 1 mark.
- All the important topics of all the subjects, viz., English Language, Quantitative Aptitude, and Reasoning Ability have been provided in SBI PO Examination Syllabus.
- The questions will be of objective nature and there will be multi-choice answers for every question which candidates will have to pick the one which is most appropriate of all.
Pattern of SBI PO Main Examination
|S.No.||Name of the Test/Subject||No. of Questions||Marks||Time Duration|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 Minutes|
|2||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 Minutes|
|3||General/Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 Minutes|
|4||English Language||35||40||40 Minutes|
|Total||155||200 Marks||3 Hours|
Important details about SBI PO Main Examination to be noted by all the candidates
- The Question paper for the SBI PO Main exam will have 155 questions of 200 marks to be solved in 3 hours.
- There will be 4 sections of different topics in the main examination as shown in the table above. All the questions of given sections will be solved in the specific time duration as provided.
- All the questions will be of objective nature in the main examination too which will have multi-choice answers. Candidates will have to choose the one which is most appropriate amongst all.
Penalty (Negative marking) for Wrong Answers
- There is the provision of negative marking in the SBI PO examination if candidates mark wrong answers to a question.
- If any of the candidates give the wrong answer for a question, one-fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty. No marks will be deducted if the question is left unanswered.
- The provision of negative marking is applicable for both the stages of SBI PO examination, viz., preliminary exam and main exam.
- There will be a test of English language which will comprise the questions of letter writing and essay. Candidates need to secure the passing marks in the test which will be decided by SBI.
- The test will be of descriptive nature and the questions will bear 50 marks. The time duration will be 30 minutes to solve this descriptive test.
Group Discussion (20 marks) & Interview (30 marks)
- Candidates who have qualified in all the above tests, viz., Preliminary, Mains and Descriptive test will be called for Group Discussion and Interview.
- The qualifying marks in Group Discussion & Interview will be decided by the SBI.
- Candidates qualifying for GD & Interview under ‘OBC’ category would be required to submit OBC certificate containing the ‘Non-Creamy Layer’ clause.
- Candidates not submitting the OBC certificate containing the ‘Non-Creamy Layer’ clause and requesting to be interviewed under General category will not be entertained.
I think now you have an overall idea regarding SBI PO exam pattern. Here comes the time to know about the important books for preparing the exam.
Candidates will finally be selected to be deputed in State bank of India (SBI) and the result of the successful candidates will be published in Employment News/Rozgar Samachar and also on Bank’s website.
It is expected that all the candidates who want to apply for SBI PO Exam might have understood the SBI PO Exam Pattern 2022 and now they will be able to prepare for the examination.